Skate 800MHz at launch - 1GHz coming later

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest Ralph Martin

You've got to laugh.

MC at £150 or a Skate at around £220... and it's exactly the same phone! Yes I know Orange are taking a hit in the price, but who on earth would pay £70 extra for nothing?

The 1ghz version should, and probably will be named something different, as surely common sense would kick in.

People who use their phone abroad a lot, and use a local SIM card to avoid extortionate roaming rates might well do.

Such people wouldn't even consider any phone that is not sold unlocked, or easily unlocked.

Guest sej7278

how long they will keep the blade on the market, will price go down? i m thinking to buy a second one for gift?

hopefully the huawei blaze will force the zte blade prices down a bit next month: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2011-08-11/huawei-plans-u-k-handset-debut-to-take-on-android-phone-makers.html

has anyone tried getting the same £30 existing orange customer discount on a blade that you can get with the skate? could bring the price down to £80 including £10 airtime which is a fscking great price!

otherwise the current price seems to be £110+£10 so you may as well get the £119 skate. how much is a libra, can you even get them in the uk?

Guest FrankieADZ

hopefully the huawei blaze will force the zte blade prices down a bit next month: http://www.bloomberg...one-makers.html

has anyone tried getting the same £30 existing orange customer discount on a blade that you can get with the skate? could bring the price down to £80 including £10 airtime which is a fscking great price!

otherwise the current price seems to be £110+£10 so you may as well get the £119 skate. how much is a libra, can you even get them in the uk?

might try it...I know i already have a blade me meh :)

Also....with Orange you get a phone fund, I'm wondering whether or not you'll be able to use that; I was able to when I first got the Blade I have atm.

Although it could be just for the Skate to generate interest and sales for it.

Guest Frankish

You can get the 30 pound off a blade. Or at least people have in the past. However you cannot use your phone fund with the 30 pound discount.

Guest sej7278

You can get the 30 pound off a blade. Or at least people have in the past. However you cannot use your phone fund with the 30 pound discount.

dunno what phone fund is - is that on payg?

so the blade is £105 + £10 topup, so i assume with an existing orange sim you can knock off £30 and forgo the £10 topup, so could be as low as £75, which may even include £10 talktime.

can't find any details of this existing customer discount on the website though.....

anyone no what the small hole below the camera is for .

i assume that's the flash?

Edited by sej7278

For a Start the Processor will be a Qualcomm 8255 1GHz ARM7 processor (As said in a YT ZTE video) there is no doubt it will be Armv7 as you can't get armv6 over 800Mhz!

It's abit like the thing with OLED and TFT screens. Around Christmas Time the Display's started to go TFT (luckily I got the OLED)

But this time you wait longer you get more, so if you just hang on then you can get the 1Ghz Version.

Also this will confusing for ROM's and CyanogenMod. There may well be a release for the two versions but people installing the wrong one and Crying Wolf saying "MY SKATEZ BRICKZ!"

And People complaining about they paid the same price and they get a better version.

Edited by Jekle

Guest Atomix86

For a Start the Processor will be a Qualcomm 8255 1GHz ARM7 processor (As said in a YT ZTE video) there is no doubt it will be Armv7 as you can't get armv6 over 800Mhz!

It's abit like the thing with OLED and TFT screens. Around Christmas Time the Display's started to go TFT (luckily I got the OLED)

But this time you wait longer you get more, so if you just hang on then you can get the 1Ghz Version.

Also this will confusing for ROM's and CyanogenMod. There may well be a release for the two versions but people installing the wrong one and Crying Wolf saying "MY SKATEZ BRICKZ!"

And People complaining about they paid the same price and they get a better version.

The Orange branded version (Monte Carlo) will stay being sold at 800mhz, it's only the unlocked official ZTE Skate that will use 1ghz (and it costs £80 more aswell). And there is an ARM6 that goes to 1ghz: the 7227-T (turbo).

Guest the juggernaut

I've got to say, it does sound like a bit too little too late, how far into the future will a 1Ghz chip be old hat?

ZTE really need to get their Skates on with sorting out a 1Ghz processor handset.

It's alright, I've got my coat.

i see wut u did there hahahah

Guest iKrautDroid

Hmmm, I just saw something in a German computer magazine and I think the Skate is comin to E+ Germany...

Does anybody know if it will be 1ghz or 800mhz?