[1.12.30]MIUI -Lens_flare ED

Guest Lens_flare

Guest MCAlex

In malez you have to repartition your sd and when asked set swap partition to 0. remember, all the data on sd will be lost

Ok, I did it but it says I have 1.38GB (Total)!!!!!!

Also, a few days ago I saw I had 1.66, now 1.38!!! What's happening?!

Guest skittleys

Nowipe means that you don't have to wipe all when you are migrating from older miui version to newer incrementally.

In other words, I have to do a full wipe before the first install, right?

Differences from Phoenix's one are in features block.

It's hard to tell what the actual differences are because the changelog for Phoenix's 1.9.16 is no longer available and because "official MIUI look & feel" isn't a difference! So, to clarify, is the big difference the kernel?

MIUI version number has [year].[month].[day] format for beta and equals android base version(plus "a" char) when name is for stable.
Thanks, I get it now. Plus, I now realise this is a MIUI convention, not your own.

MIUI rom dloader is not mine app, so that I don't upload roms to it. As far as I've closed my development for miui, they're uploading Phoenix's roms.

Yes, I understand now.

Thanks for your help!

A couple more n00b questions:

1) So I'm supposed to flash using the exact instructions found in the ULTIMATE thread, but possibly with an extra reboot, right?

2) Who is Phoenix and where does he/she post his ROMs?

Guest Lens_flare
In other words, I have to do a full wipe before the first install, right?

Yeah. Then, if you want to upgrade, you should wipe all, coz it works only with mine roms ;]

"official MIUI look & feel" isn't a difference! So, to clarify, is the big difference the kernel?

Uhm, It's really hard to say what actually differ, you can compare roms to get it..

Kernel is one of the difference.

1) So I'm supposed to flash using the exact instructions found in the ULTIMATE thread, but possibly with an extra reboot, right?

Yep.

Recovery-wipe all-flash with no sign check-boot-reboot.

Who is Phoenix and where does he/she post his ROMs?

haven't seen Girl-developers in communities ;]

Phoenix is a chinese dev, he possibly have a sources from MIUI(but don't want to share with us) and is producing roms for chinese only on bbs.gfan.com.

You can find mirror thread on MIUIandroid gb forum.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest skittleys

You can find mirror thread on MIUIandroid gb forum.

GB forum = ... Great Britain? Gingerbread?

Thank you for all your help! I'm going to finally flash it tomorrow!

Guest youpi666

2.3.5b is up on miuiandroid thread

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Are you sure of the version ? Because anywhere on miuiandroid they talk about a new stable 2.3.5b. :/

Guest skittleys

OK turns out I have another dumb n00b question:

I've decided to go with the stable ROM. So I'm supposed to download the ITA pack and select English from within. When I look at the language packs thread, however, there is no ITA pack available for 2.3.5 (there's a french one for 2.3.5a, and none for 2.3.5b). But the first post for both the Lens and Phoenix ROMs say "Suitable language pack for Stable - HTC Desire GSM." So, I have two questions:

1. Can I just install the Desire pack for 2.3.5 and be fine?

2. Where do I find this?! I've Googled it, with no luck.

Guest Lens_flare
Can I just install the Desire pack for 2.3.5 and be fine?

If you find it, you'll have to delete built.prop in it, then flash like any other pack.

Hi Lens,

I tried to follow your guide and I managed to make a bootable ROM.

Problem is, mounting SD via Usb doesn't work (the notification doesn't appear when I connect the cable, only the Usb debugging one).

Is services.jar the only one to be modified?

You also wrote this command:

apktool if framework-res.apk 

What is this command for? It generates the file "1.apk", what should I do with it?

Thanks a lot.

Guest youpi666

So nobody have information about this strange 2.3.5b version ?

There's no other 2.3.5b on miuiandroid (no changelog) so no lang pack...

Could it be a new 2.3.5a with new kernel and other... (so we could use 2.3.5a lang pack) ? Or is it the 1.9.30 with bad build.prop information ? :(

Guest vikings123

So nobody have information about this strange 2.3.5b version ?

There's no other 2.3.5b on miuiandroid (no changelog) so no lang pack...

Could it be a new 2.3.5a with new kernel and other... (so we could use 2.3.5a lang pack) ? Or is it the 1.9.30 with bad build.prop information ? :(

You may try to google this file "2011_10_01_MIUI-Liquid-2.3.5b-phoenix-signed.zip"

But I have no idea about the difference between 2.3.5a and 2.3.5b.

Guest Lens_flare

2.3.5b is a new stable, so don't worry :]

Problem is, mounting SD via Usb doesn't work (the notification doesn't appear when I connect the cable, only the Usb debugging one).

Are you sure that you are using vold binary from liquidnext/phoenix/mine rom?

Is services.jar the only one to be modified?

yep, nothing more..

You also wrote this command:

apktool if framework-res.apk

What is this command for? It generates the file "1.apk", what should I do with it?

That one is necessary for disassembling other apks/jars coz framework-res stores resource table.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest youpi666

2.3.5b is a new stable, so don't worry :]

;)

There's no new official stable MIUI out this week except for our liquid, so it must be a new version of the 2.3.5a.

So the 2.3.5a lang pack must work with this.

I will try.

Guest zorginho

Sry for the delay, but I'm waiting for nexuslab for the language pack.

The 2.3.5b is the new stable from phoenix and is not compatible with the old 2.3.5a . So just wait some hours for the pack if u need it.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Guest skittleys

So I've been working on finding an English translation since my last post. I now have a few more questions.

Firstly, a question related not to my research but to the ongoing posts here: you're talking about using the lang pack from 2.3.5a, but the only one available is French! Does the French pack also contain English, just like the Italian pack does?

Okay, now back to my independent work:

Miui.us and miuiandroid.com (UK) are no longer posting English language packs; the posted ROM is now in English, and no extra step is required.

So I downloaded the HTC Desire one to my computer and sifted through the zip. I've also done quite a bit of research about making language packs and porting ROMs. Without getting into all the details that I've found, I am now left with the following questions:

1) Do either the Lens_flare or Phoenix ports have any application-level "extras" for MIUI, or have all the changes taken place in the kernel, images, etc.?

2) If neither ROMs have any changes inside the apks, can I just replace the apks from the liquid ROM with the equivalent ones from the HTC Desire ROM (just the base apks that are already in the liquid version, not any of the htc-specific stuff) and flash the resulting zip?

Thanks again for the help!

Guest Lens_flare
Do either the Lens_flare or Phoenix ports have any application-level "extras" for MIUI, or have all the changes taken place in the kernel, images, etc.?

Mine roms have no modifications in apks and language-specific framework. Phoenix's one have some modifications in settings.

If neither ROMs have any changes inside the apks, can I just replace the apks from the liquid ROM with the equivalent ones from the HTC Desire ROM (just the base apks that are already in the liquid version, not any of the htc-specific stuff) and flash the resulting zip?

Yep.

But don't forget about framework-res.apk and framework.jar(if needed in language pack, for english it's unnecessary) in framework dir.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest skittleys

Mine roms have no modifications in apks and language-specific framework. Phoenix's one have some modifications in settings.

By "settings" do you mean just Settings.apk or all settings-related APKs (e.g., SettingsProvider, AccountAndSyncSettings, etc.)?

Yep.

But don't forget about framework-res.apk and framework.jar(if needed in language pack, for english it's unnecessary) in framework dir.

Oops, thanks!

Guest Lens_flare
By "settings" do you mean just Settings.apk or all settings-related APKs (e.g., SettingsProvider, AccountAndSyncSettings, etc.)?

Just settings.apk. there are some features like cpucontrol(seems not working) and deleted settings segments like trackball settings.

• 1 month later...