[1.12.30]MIUI -Lens_flare ED

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare
I guess we'll have to wait next release to see if it works nowipe.

Yeah, coz I couldn't predict what would happen if you upgraded from 1.9.16 to 1.11.4

Guest Master_T

Well guys, I don't want to disrespect Phoenix, which I'm sure works very hard on his rom, but this latest Lens rom is on a totally different level... it's blazing fast, bug-free as far as I can tell, and battery drain is great (1%/hr). Lens, I applaud your sir, this is by far the best MIUI port for the liquid, and in my opinion the best rom on the liquid in general.

Guest thirtytwodave

thanks for the rom but i seem to be getting random reboots especially after hanging up from a phone call anybody else having this problem or just me

Guest Master_T

Found a little bug: the proximity sensor switches the screen off correctly, but it doesn't turn back on, you need to press the power button to light the screen during a call...

Guest Master_T

Why all is ok for me? :D

Don't know mate... I just retried to be sure and i doesn't work. But it's no big deal to be honest, only a minor inconvenience, the rom still rocks!

Guest Mecallie

For MIUI you should flash 4.002.14 first and baseband should be 05.01.05.

Hi Lens_flare,

Should you always flash 4.002.14 first?

I have just upgrades from Phoenixs MIUI (.28?) and am not having any problems yet. Could flashing 4.002.14 first improve performance/battery?

Guest Lens_flare
Should you always flash 4.002.14 first?

Nope, that rule is for baseband only, if you already have 05.01.05, just wipe all before flashing.

Could flashing 4.002.14 first improve performance/battery?

Dunno.. clear installation always better than wipeAndReflash -__-

Guest kenship

Man! this is the one!

Tried LiquidNext, battery drains faster than anyone can imagine.

Tried 1.10.28, OK, but the occasional chi. character bugs me (not that I can't read it but...)

Tried Lens, and I stay!

Thank you!

Guest mstation

so if i am understanding correctly if i want to test the latest miui i should install the 2.3.5a, right?

also is the italian language pack for 2.3.5b compatible for the 2.3.5a?

sorry is the first time i decide to try miui because of liquidnext's battery drain so i don't know much about it and i read quickly through the pages but i didn't find any answer

Guest ranieri55

lens the proximity sensor does not work well ... ok just part of the call, but when I hang up I can not do it because the screen remains black ... if I use the on / off button ok

sorry for my bad english

B) Lens_Flare B)

Just wanted to say thanks so much for your work.

Flashed this last night. My first custom Rom and I was torn betwen trying this and LN first but the comments on LN battery drain made me go with MIUI.

So far it's just blowing me away!

MIUI just hides some of the usual complexity of Android in a very "iPhone-like" manner but all the goodies are still there as and when I need to use them . I know a lot of that is MIUI rather than specifically being your port but man, it all works soooo nicely (and my initial impressions of battery life are that it is v good for a smartphone).

My one comment would be that for me the camera app seems to be taking very "dark" pictures with an almost blue cast to them (even outdoor shots in natural light). This is compared to the brightness/colour levels I was getting with the camera under Acer stock Froyo. Sorry if this is a very noob-ish comment but is this down to the MIUI camera app rather than anything you've done and is there anything I can do to correct this?

Overall though, I can only say again, thanks so much for making my £80 Liquid E every bit as useful as a £400 iphone 4. I will look forward to seeing what future tweaks/updates you come up with.

Shaz45 :D

Guest mstation

testing the 1.11.4 and i must say that it is really great for now.. i love it!

the only problem i got is that i don't have aptic feedback for the home, search, back, menu buttons.. any help to have them vibrate when i press them?

Guest Lens_flare
only problem i got is that i don't have aptic feedback for the home, search, back, menu buttons

Ah, that's impossible to solve :P

Just use liquid setting app :D

Same here... i want to use it, but what puts me off is the remnants of Chinese in the ROM. I don't want a single character in chinese. Can anyone help me out here? Does 1.11.4 have any Chinese text in the ROM elements?

Guest Lens_flare

1.11.4 is fully in english (you'll find chinese only in themes names, coz that's author[not me or miuiandroid] wish).

For user who have only 30 mb ram on their A1:

set vm.heapsize to 32m, should give more...

Edited by Lens_flare