[1.12.30]MIUI -Lens_flare ED

Guest Lens_flare

Guest developerbuzz

Oh my, rom is so low on mem, that I can barely type anything in browser - keyboard gets killed all the time.

Try long pressing the home key, it will bring up the in built task killer.

Guest Daedric1383

Hello! I have a small question. I have MIUI 1.9.9 installed on my A1, working well, but EN only. There's a team porting MIUI to portuguese, and they release their roms for the official devices, but not for liquid i'm afraid.

Question is, can a get some files from , for example, miui desire gsm PT rom, and mix them with Liquid rom ?

Main language - English.

Rom type - full deodexed.

Suitable language pack for Stable - HTC Desire GSM.

Suitable language pack for Beta - Google Nexus One.

No one can help? Or tell me where can i find Nexus One language packs ?

Guest Daedric1383

have you been banned on google?

Hello Lens_flare

I don't know if you're refering to me about the google, but if you where, no, i've not been banned :D

I think i convinced this fellas Miui PT to include the Liquid on their next release!

From what i could gather, one needs to extract all apks, translate, and re-pack.

Daunting task, but doable. If MiuiPT is unable to help, i'll try and pick youre release (i hope you also port the coming 1.9.16) and translate it :)

BTW, does debug.sf.hw=1 makes any difference ?? In the Desire/DesireHD it's supposed to hardware accelerate the interface, but i don't know if it has any change on the Liquid, or MIUI itself.

Edited by Daedric1383

Hi Lens, first of all, thanks for all your hard work.

I'm downloading both 1.9.16 and lightforce.

I'm sorry to hear that you are quitting, but I wish you all the luck that you can get. ;)

Maybe you already did it, but could you please write (if you have time) a mini-guide about porting MIUI on liquid,

so that someone can continue your work?

Thanks again.

Edited by Gnask

Guest Lens_flare

You want Guide? You'll get it :D

So you have the last release, and want to port the next one(guide is only for this scheme coz I can't describe whole process-it's too individual)

Let's start:

go here http://www.miui.com/development.html and dload OTA for nexus one. for example:

自1.9.9 版本升级:下载升级包 (2M)

that is always upper link(or lower one igf you've missed some releases).

Use this archive as a reference(coz recovery patch is broken for us) to port:

We've got structure like this

META-INF

system

-some folders that are should be in full rom

We need system.. Then dload full rom from MIUIandroid(newer than you have).

Unzip existing rom(for example mine 1.9.16).

Copy files from miuiandroid release using OTA archive pattern:

all of apps and frameworks(you may clear existing folders and copy newer one),

in bin, xbin lib(if exist) and etc folders you must copy the only files that present in ota archive(but from new miui), for example:

you see in ota archive file recovery(actually, with .p extensdion. don't mind of it) in bin folder, and copy this file from new miui.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you should port services.jar file(actually, you can wait for Phoenix and use his file, that Cross-language one).

How to do it(beware, it's complicated process :D)

We have to use apktool binary to do it.

cd to your framework folder(f.e. cd c://<MIUI folder>/system/framework if you are on windows)

then type:

apktool if framework-res.apk

apktool d services.jar

Then go to disassembled folder like that: services.jar.out(or services if you are on windows) we need to change some files in smali/com/android/server dir. for now actual files to port are: -powermanagerservice$13.smali[it's for proximity sensor] ---change all 3e8 to 0(just find it) -notficationmanagerservice.smali[it's for missed call light] ---dunno how to Phoenix do it ,just compare his file and yours to feel a difference -all of usbservice.smali from usb folder[for usb debugging notification] ---that one I've actually copied from liquidnext's services.jar If all have done, type that on cmd
apktool b services

Then find new classes.dex in build/apk and replace that file in services.jar archive(not zip again, just replace!).

Delete folder service that you actually don't need.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then just cleanup your app folder(del updater,torch, or any other app that you won't use), edit the build.prop(actually, you won't use newer one, just change some lines in older) to change rom version to newer, and maybe change actual language.

Folders and files that we have actually got, is your new rom.

Zip 2 folders(system,META-INF) and bootimg into one rom.

Hope that helps and somebody starts to appreciate developer's work.

Edited by Lens_flare

Thank you for the guide!

btw:

- why are you quitting with this project? (if I can ask)

- I read the guide, and I think it's "working" for OTA updates and weekly updates. But is it the same thing with Stable versions?

- how to zip 2 folders and bootimg in one rom? :D

PS: (to everyone) will someone continue Lens work? :D

Guest Lens_flare
- why are you quitting with this project? (if I can ask)

I'm fed up of this.. and my liquid will be exchanged soon.

- I read the guide, and I think it's "working" for OTA updates and weekly updates. But is it the same thing with Stable versions?

Stable versions are the same as beta, you don't have to port them ;]

I repeat, it's so complicated process, so your methods should be:

-comparassion

-analysis

- how to zip 2 folders and bootimg in one rom? :D

Select them, rightclick and compress'em.

Guest AcerFerrari

It's sad to hear that Lens you are going to quit the developing job T_T

btw after your teaching maybe i'll start to do some developing jobs

ps: Which phone are you thinking to change?

Guest Lens_flare
Maybe HD2 is a good choice

Let me make my own decision ;]

btw what is 4-way reboot?

it's like built-in quick boot-so that you can reboot into recovery/bootloader via pressing power button and tap "reboot".

Thank you for your answers :)

By the way I can understand, I'd like to change it too (even though I love Liquid :D) but I have not enough money and I have not found someone who wants to exchange :)

BTW, WP7 is great (I tried Optimus 7 as a Tester), but I'd rather Android :D good choice btw, HTC7Prof seems to be great :)

Stable versions are the same as beta, you don't have to port them ;]

Do you mean beta&stable should NOT be port? o.O So are they working on Liquid without port? I think I have not understood what you mean with that :(

Guest Lens_flare

I mean that to port stable version, you have to do more than just follow the ota file structure. So that you have to compare files and analyze what to do with them..

I mean that to port stable version, you have to do more than just follow the ota file structure. So that you have to compare files and analyze what to do with them..

Ah ok, thank u! :)

So, I really hope someone will help us :D

Guest thirtytwodave

you can say that again but i ran rogers stock with A1-05.01.07 baseband and had the same drain so i am going to downgrade to A1-05.01.05 it seems to have better battery drain