Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest achromic

Don't get too excited. It would appear that we are no further ahead with unlocking this phone than when the question was first asked. The one person who did try gave up when he said he was nearly there. I suspect Orange have nailed this one to the floor after learning lessons with the Blade... and are probably having a good laugh at us lot!

I fully agree with gitf@ce.

Until someone actually gets either an xsim or their OMC unlocked, I'm going to concentrate on modding my OSF. I've been excited, and let down (no offence to tilal6991, mate, I hope you do succeed).

So, until then, I'll be on the blade forums and using the skate for my AI projects.

See you all on the other side smile.gif

Technically the xsim does unlock the phone.

Well if it works then I guess it's better than nothing. However I have my doubts it will prove a hassle free ride, and suspect that 3G will not work. I phoned Rebel sim after someone claimed their sim worked flawlessly, only to be told (by someone who didn't know what a Skate was) that 3G was not possible.

yeah but daddy flicks is now unlocked so what about unlocking the x-sim? and to the other question ive got an osf and it has been modded to my needs so .im now doing stuff on my omc .it will be the next osf but with many more roms coming it looking better for the future of the omc .my opion others chose theirs.

yeah but daddy flicks is now unlocked

He only got his code because of Orange bungling, the rest of us have to wait 3x months.

My opinion... the Skate will never live up to the Blade.

1. Price

2. Easy unlock

Edited by gitf@ce

yes but its now unloocked .thats good news shurly it must have changed the file system to say its unlocked ,as it was not allowing it to happen before.

Sry mate I don't see what impact Daddy Tickles code is going to have in unlocking our phones.

i think the fact that the code is 16 digits long is that orange add a couple of random numbers making calculators impossible, hope i'm wrong.....

Edited by tillaz

There is hope, ZTE Skate has been confirmed to launch in the UK sim free tomorrow. Clove have said this. Maybe someone who buys one maybe can figure something out from it?

There is hope, ZTE Skate has been confirmed to launch in the UK sim free tomorrow. Clove have said this. Maybe someone who buys one maybe can figure something out from it?

Let's hope someone from here buys it!

But if they are already unlocked they won't be worrying about an unlock :blink:

Jeepers! What has happened to me? I used to be an optimist, think I'll concentrate on tweaking my Streak for a bit.

Edited by gitf@ce

speaking of which, how does a streak compare to an OMC? Build, screen, speed...etc...?

I got a streak but its just too big for a phone so i returned it but a lovely piece of kit ,The Monte carlo is fine as a phone.

speaking of which, how does a streak compare to an OMC? Build, screen, speed...etc...?

I love my Streak and use it as my main phone, my Skate will never replace it. But like den169 has found, the size is not for everyone. I have XXL hands so it suits me fine (that's not to say people with smaller hands won't get on with it). Build quality is good, I have mine in a hard Otterbox case so haven't really tested durability to the full. Some people have complained about the screen (Gorilla Glass) breaking too easy but I haven't found that. I guess if the phone is in your pocket with keys or something then it will break just like anything else. Viewing angle is not as good as on the Skate, but more than adequate. Speed wise definitely quicker than the Skate but not by much. It has 2mb (expandable) internal mem so no need for links2sd etc...

As I ask in my earlier emails, can unlocked phone help us to get unlock? Where is locking mechanism located? Is it possible to overwrite it?

Maybe we can do a group buy for unlocked phone and later give it to charity....just an idea...

Kind regards.

ok, clove will start selling zte skate today

http://www.clove.co.uk/zte-skate

now regarding price, blue price is for companies and grey is for us, is this true?

Doesn't mean they have stock, only they should have. Everyone pays gray price (inc tax) companies just claim it back if they are registered. Very misleading not to just say that is the full price.

As I ask in my earlier emails, can unlocked phone help us to get unlock? Where is locking mechanism located? Is it possible to overwrite it?

We don't appear to have many developers buying the Skate, nobody here seems able to answer this question (thus far).

Why bother at all now, the Sony Ericsson Play sim free is now only £10 more than the Monte Carlo with the mandatory top up and isn't locked to Orange £178.99 it's a much better phone for the money http://bit.ly/qfreD5

thanks for advice, but this phone is more for gamers....any other idea, 4" + screen?

is it possible to buy unlock code from orange before the end of 3 months and how much will this costs?

thank you.

Theoretically yes & the cost is 20£. It's on their site if you have a look.

Strangely enough, some people I asked were able to get the Orange unlock code relatively hassle free while others had a really hard time of it & others still are waiting for the code monhts after the due date.