Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest Maringer

Strangely enough, some people I asked were able to get the Orange unlock code relatively hassle free while others had a really hard time of it & others still are waiting for the code monhts after the due date.

Yep, sounds like Orange customer service to me!

ok, that means 180 GBP for skate, maybe I will buy it...

do you think that if I go in orange shop, buy skate and immediately request unlock, will there be problems?

thanks

do you think that if I go in orange shop, buy skate and immediately request unlock, will there be problems?

YES!

Remember gregorv we're talking about 'Orange'... a euphemism for 'hassle'! I think the Skate is a great phone, but if you want to use it with another carrier you must accept either waiting 3x months, or paying the premium for the unlocked ZTE phone.

I have spent some time skipping through the various unlocking threads, and come to the conclusion that some very clever people have given up the possibility of unlocking the phone (including Paul the site owner).

For me I no longer really care, as my Streak is my main phone which is on GiffGaff, I actually find my Skate is handy using the signal boost feature in the house, so I'll probably keep it that way.

Anyone looking for an unlock solution should find another phone...

Edited by gitf@ce

or you could tell them your moving abroad nd need to use that countrys sim worth ago.

Will they care?

"The handset to be unlocked must have been registered to Orange pay as you go for a minimum of three months."

I think the best option is...get a Orange sim card from a friend/relative who has used that sim for a number of years and then ring Orange, if they refuse to give you the unlock...haggle and force them.

Hello guys,

I've been following this post daily but it seems we're getting stuck with orange contratual issues (even so I'm not an Orange user and Im on a carrier from another country..)

I have been searching alot of unlocking by IMEI websites and got some responses from several of them. Some say that they can't unlock Monte Carlo by IMEI yet others claim they can...

I've also read some reports regarding scams in this type of websites. So I would like to know your experience regarding these sites (which claim that is possible to unlock):

unlockitnow.com

"Your phone can be unlocked only by this product:

http://www.unlockitnow.com/products/product_info.php?pName=unlockitnow-sim"

sim-unlock.net

"Mostly codes works, but if hapend not work we will refund You money"

unlocking SPAM link removed.zendesk.com

"Nobody has placed that order yet, so although our supplier has confirmed availability to us, we can't be sure. There is a money back guarantee."

Also I've read in a previous post someone wainting for a X-SIM III. Where did you find any info about this sim working on Monte Carlo ? I can't find it anywhere..

Thank you for your input!

Best Regards.

Been watching this post for weeks hoping for an unlock to monte carlo, wife will want one soon, two pints to make:

1. my guess is that the 16th digit of the published unlock code is a checksum, so we are probably dealing with a 15 digit IMEI and 15 digit unlock code, of course, if so, we will still have to identify checksum alg(can't spell the rest)m;

and with that in mind could we have an update from any 'programmers' who are still (if any) working on this, i.e. if you are and any progress you care to share

2. I hear loud and clear all the orange anti-sentiment, and fully agree, I also hear a fair amount of pro giffgaff sentiment, and agree with this also, but what doesn't seem to get mentioned in all this unlock/anti orange fervour is the possibility of using orange network MVNO's, some (if not all) are certainly cheaper than orange and I cannot believe they do customer service any worse, though may not be as good as giffgaff

I use an asda sim (vodaphone MVNO) in a vodaphone locked noky 5800, anybody else had any experiences of this, particularly with orange MNVO's

Guest philmein

Hello again guys,

Just an update... sim-unlock.net didn't work for my Monte Carlo. They refunded the money though...

Any news on the XSIM-III ?

china and honk kong are on holidays till the 5th October hope this does not delay the x-sims some of us have ordered one member has one on the way from portugal that should arrive soon and im sure he will report here

Edited by philmein

would be interesting to see how & wot theys sims actually do to trick the phone into thinking its unlocked... if we can, someone could probably make it think this permanently,

11th of November & i can buy the unlock from orange

Edited by tillaz

dealextreme said my i-SmartSim 2008 Operator Network SIM Card Unlock was sent from HongKong on the 22th with 7 to 10 days delivery time, shouldnt be long now...

One of the comments on that page,

I would not recommend anyone to buy this product unless you are absolutely sure it's compatible with your phone. Indeed, even in compatible phones, there are functions that could not be activated, such as 3G data connection and special services of the operator.

One of the comments on that page,

I would not recommend anyone to buy this product unless you are absolutely sure it's compatible with your phone. Indeed, even in compatible phones, there are functions that could not be activated, such as 3G data connection and special services of the operator.

I only bought this cause someone else tried it and said it worked, data as well...a couple of pages back...I havent got a clue myself, never had to use one before...cant go wrong for 2 quid with postage

Edited by dadashi

Guest philmein

I only bought this cause someone else tried it and said it worked, data as well...a couple of pages back...I havent got a clue myself, never had to use one before...cant go wrong for 2 quid with postage

it one of those things that will always come in handy

Guest tillaz

Tillaz: do you think that getting the unlcok from orange could help on an unlock algorithm/program ?

Weren't you working on this ?

nope, that woz tilal6991 smile.gif

and if orange DO add the random numbers like some have suggested i think unlock calculators will be impossible to make sad.gif

though this might not be true (i surely hope so.....)

Guest gregorv

is it not possible to overwrite part of software where locking mechanism is located? just an idea?

transfere it from unlocked to locked phone ??

Guest PedroVader

That's what's being worked on now, but the feeling is that the unlock mechanism may be elsewhere, just hoping that a clean dump from a stock Rom might provide more insight.

Check out the Blue Monte thread, its all happening over there!

I was tempted to buy the OMC at the reduced price. However after speaking to Orange on the phone I changed my mind.

I asked if the unlock code was guaranteed after the 3 month wait, the nice Orange lady responded "No", at least she was being truthful.