Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest tillaz

I was tempted to buy the OMC at the reduced price. However after speaking to Orange on the phone I changed my mind.

I asked if the unlock code was guaranteed after the 3 month wait, the nice Orange lady responded "No", at least she was being truthful.

i think if they do not give it after 3 month they could have some law suits on there hands as its all over there website. that after 3 month you can get it,

and if not..... that is false advertisement & a sueable charge.

Apparently, Orange are under no legal obligation to provide the unlock code.

Also, on a giffgaff thread, many have complained about Orange refusing to supply the unlock code for various mobiles.

I can't see anyone taking legal action as it is probably hidden in their terms and conditions

Guest glossywhite

I was tempted to buy the OMC at the reduced price. However after speaking to Orange on the phone I changed my mind.

I asked if the unlock code was guaranteed after the 3 month wait, the nice Orange lady responded "No", at least she was being truthful.

Call back another 4-5 times, repeat the same questions, and record the answers. You never take the replies from one individual advisor as the absolute truth, as they're simply call centre operators, and often they just make things up.

Guest tillaz

Apparently, Orange are under no legal obligation to provide the unlock code.

Also, on a giffgaff thread, many have complained about Orange refusing to supply the unlock code for various mobiles.

I can't see anyone taking legal action as it is probably hidden in their terms and conditions

check this out >>> http://help.orange.c...personal/474187

i will most certainly report them for fales advertisement its misleading, they cant say stuff like that on there help page & not hold up on it ohmy.gif

EDIT: the way orange have been with me i would love to see them get sued lol

orangen.png

Edited by tillaz

Guest PedroVader

i think if they do not give it after 3 month they could have some law suits on there hands as its all over there website. that after 3 month you can get it,

and if not..... that is false advertisement & a sueable charge.

If this ever gets cracked (and I think it will) I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Orange HQ...beaten by the meek and lowly users..again!!cool.gif

Guest Chris_67

I have ordered the Universal Super X-SIM IV today and will report here as soon as I get it (they say 6-7 days) wether it works or not.

Edited by Chris_67

Guest glossywhite

Some of the posts in this thread are utterly hilarious! You've purchased a pay-as-you-go, subsidised handset, locked to Orange, and yet you're blaming Orange for having sold you a cheap, decent specced handset, whilst trying to keep you as customers? The atmosphere of utterly contemptuous entitlement is beyond unbelievable!

You're owed NOTHING by Orange. You have free will, and excercised that free will, by purchasing a LOCKED handset, in full knowledge of the facts. I understand the frustration, but for goodness sake; some people in the world are homeless, have cancer, are suffering from losses far beyond our comprehension, and yet we moan and whine and stamp our feet, because what is important to US, in OUR little bubble of a world is not available THIS INSTANT! NOW! NOW! NOW!...

Time to get a reality check. I bought mine locked too - so what? I can wait, and you guys should learn a little patience too. Focus on something else, and quit you're griping. It's completely pointless, boring, and selfish.

Your life is not going to be changed, by the unlocking of your OMC. It's REALLY not that much of a big deal, seriously. Just wait.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Joey Scarf

Some of the posts in this thread are utterly hilarious! You've purchased a pay-as-you-go, subsidised handset, locked to Orange, and yet you're blaming Orange for having sold you a cheap, decent specced handset, whilst trying to keep you as customers? The atmosphere of utterly contemptuous entitlement is beyond unbelievable!

You're owed NOTHING by Orange. You have free will, and excercised that free will, by purchasing a LOCKED handset, in full knowledge of the facts. I understand the frustration, but for goodness sake; some people in the world are homeless, have cancer, are suffering from losses far beyond our comprehension, and yet we moan and whine and stamp our feet, because what is important to US, in OUR little bubble of a world is not available THIS INSTANT! NOW! NOW! NOW!...

Time to get a reality check. I bought mine locked too - so what? I can wait, and you guys should learn a little patience too. Focus on something else, and quit you're griping. It's completely pointless, boring, and selfish.

Your life is not going to be changed, by the unlocking of your OMC. It's REALLY not that much of a big deal, seriously. Just wait.

I partly agree with you as orange might make no money on the phone unlocked and it no massive deal

But if everyone just isn't bothered then nothing would ever done and no one would ever have there handset unlocked

Guest glossywhite

I partly agree with you as orange might make no money on the phone unlocked and it no massive deal

But if everyone just isn't bothered then nothing would ever done and no one would ever have there handset unlocked

I'm not saying we shouldn't seek to get these unlocked, I'm saying some people are behaving with such an air of entitlement, as if it is their birth right, and want it NOW NOW NOW, and instead of leaving it at that, then become aggressive, and start apportioning blame to all corners of the earth, because they're incapable of realising that not everything in life is instantaneous. Tough luck. Patience brings rewards to those who wait.

It WILL be unlockable. Wait.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest raverrr

Anyone having any luck with this? I'm still in love with my blade but the MC is looking good. Thank God I read this topic before I went and got one. I couldn't stand to be back with orange! Giffgaff all the way :)

Guest tilal6991

Anyone having any luck with this? I'm still in love with my blade but the MC is looking good. Thank God I read this topic before I went and got one. I couldn't stand to be back with orange! Giffgaff all the way :)

Apparently a turbosim should unlock it - see earlier this thread, However others have said it doesn't work, So we need someone reliable to test it.

Guest gitf@ce

I think you're going a bit overboard with your assessment :blink:. The only contempt I have seen (and been party to), has been towards Orange as a company and the way they treat their 'customers' in general.

Of course there are worse things to deal with in life and many of us have had those experiences, but what has that got to do with us wanting to unlock our phones? Bad things happen every second, but what can we do about it? This site is dedicated to people seeking solutions for their mobile phones. If you want to bang on about the worlds problems why not visit a more relevant forum?

No one is expecting an unlock solution to change their life (although using Orange abroad may make you want to finish it!). There is no harm in trying to find a solution, and some people will be quite passionate about it...thats life!

Maybe it's you who needs to pop the chill pill :D

Edited by gitf@ce

Guest tillaz

main thing that i don't like is the fact it cant record in 480p like the blade & no matter wot i try i cant enable it, considering selling it & moving on sad.gif

main thing that i don't like is the fact it cant record in 480p like the blade & no matter wot i try i cant enable it, considering selling it & moving on sad.gif

Records in 480 for me on SFR Staraddict rom

Guest tillaz

what are the video setting on staraddict.

downloading the rom & testing i have also asked colonel if he can test with the skate version.

i really hope this is right....smile.gif its the only thing i hate about the phone

EDIT: if this dose work i will be to enabled in the bluemonte rom

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

I think you're going a bit overboard with your assessment :blink:. The only contempt I have seen (and been party to), has been towards Orange as a company and the way they treat their 'customers' in general.

Of course there are worse things to deal with in life and many of us have had those experiences, but what has that got to do with us wanting to unlock our phones? Bad things happen every second, but what can we do about it? This site is dedicated to people seeking solutions for their mobile phones. If you want to bang on about the worlds problems why not visit a more relevant forum?

No one is expecting an unlock solution to change their life (although using Orange abroad may make you want to finish it!). There is no harm in trying to find a solution, and some people will be quite passionate about it...thats life!

Maybe it's you who needs to pop the chill pill :D

You seem to have convinced yourself, so let's leave it.

Edited by glossywhite