[ROM] [08-10] TripNMiUI 105.235.U.B71 | TripNMiUI SENSATION@XPERIA

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest festa20

I personally have great experiences with .71 and .67 (.67 being the best) but yeah Trip its all upto my friend!

have been using your TripANogen 001 but this MiUI thread with all the comments on the smoothness and stability of the rom is wanting me to switch!!!!

Couple of WLOD with cm7 on browser odd time, just to let you know (i know there is a thread for it)

Anywayyyyyyy update tonight roughly? cos if there is i wont switch from CM7 just yet??

High Regards

Guest pissat4motion

I'm done with baseband 71. Next update using 67 if not satisfied back to 49.

Ive had no problem with bb71 on the last few GB Miui releases. Im currently still on 100.235 with no issues and quadrant 1436 with all my apps applied (titanium backup w/o data)...102.235 is downloaded just havent flashed it yet

Guest yournameshouldbehere

I HAVE A KEYBOARD FIX.

1, Download Root Explorer

2,Go to system/app

3, Find LatinIME.apk and long press

4, Select move and move it to somewhere safe on your SD card

5, Then go Settings/System/Language & Input Settings it should force close

6, Go back to Root Explorer and move the LantinIME.apk that you moved to your SD card back to system/app

7, Reboot into recovery Advanced Options/Fix Permissions

8, Reboot and you should have the option to change change your keyboard :D

(you probably don't have to do step 5 but this is exactly what I did)

but anyway hope this helps :)

Guest highaltitude

Only thing I've noticed with the different BB's is that some I get better signal in certain places, and then others are weaker where some are stronger. Ex: in town I should get full 4 bars and get 3.5G (HSDPA) data connection. With .49 and .65/.67 I used to get that, but it was weaker near my house. With .71 get better receptions out of town, but have founda t times in town I get 2 bars. Hard to know what is the best one for me, but when .65 was working, or .67 with kernel from .65 I got the best overall reception.

Guest linggo
I HAVE A KEYBOARD FIX.

2,Go to system/app

6, Go back to Root Explorer and move the LantinIME.apk that you moved to your SD card back to system/app

8, Reboot and you should have the option to change change your keyboard

but anyway hope this helps

its works!thx bro ...Æ—Æša..Æ—Æša..Æ—Æša..Æ—Æša..Æ—Æša...

I've read comments about the Cyanogen Gingerbread port also has stability problem with the data connection. So this seems to be a common problem with ports not based on the stock ROM. I have tried two different modified stock ROMs (Wolfbreak and Blue Sparks) and none of them had any problem with the data connection. So I'm afraid it will take some time before this is solved. I have to prioritize stability vs. speed and smoothness, and must say goodbye to this excellent ROM for the time being. Hope I'll be able to come back shortly!

Guest InSaiyanOne

Swype and Miui confirmed working!

I HAVE A KEYBOARD FIX.

2,Go to system/app

8, Reboot and you should have the option to change change your keyboard :D

but anyway hope this helps :)

I've honestly been up all night testing out both the flashtool theory and trying to get swype to work. This has brought me closer to figuring out a solution for everyone who likes swype.

All props to you for this, let me reveal my steps:

- Completely uninstall anything swype related.

- Now run the installer, login, download, and install the version of choice, and tap DONE.

- You should now be at a prompt stating either to enable swype or showing 4 buttons (last two being generate license and finish).

- Using the above method, go into the system/app folder and move the latinIME.apk out to your SD card (I put it in the DCIM folder) then IMMEDIATELY move it back.

- Reboot your phone (don't go into keyboard settings or anything just reboot) into recovery and fix permissions, reboot after it's complete.

- Now here is where I tried two things. First, go into the Language & Input Settings and OBSERVE ONLY that swype is the current keyboard selected DO NOT GO INTO THE MENU ITSELF!

- Now go into an app like market or browser and get to where you can type something (like search in market) the keyboard should show up...I didn't swype right away but just manually typed a small word and then swyped the very next word with no issues.

I've done it two more times both of the times I got the "select swype" screen after installing it. Followed the steps and it worked. Great what working together (and no sleep :blink:) can do.

Edit: This possibly could be used to enable other keyboard styles also. Use the steps that create the force close after you install your preferred keyboard and then fix permissions and see if that works.

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest p3terr

Too bad: This mod doesn't work for me anymore.

On previous ROM it worked, but now i also seem to be stuck at Miui bootscreen.

In fact i'm not really stuck. I noticed it's just the screen that goes blank (LED and hardware buttons seem to be working). So i can use the phone, but have no touch and no screen.

I guess it'll have something to do with Trip's own mods. In changelog of 101 ROM he also mentioned black screen with statusbar.

Maybe it has somethniog do do with that.

So I'm patiently wating of this mod will be a standard MiUI feauture or if @Trip finds time to look into this.

yup.. same thing happened to me, i hope trip could check this out.. (if he has some time of course)... http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

cheers!

Guest InSaiyanOne

yup.. same thing happened to me, i hope trip could check this out.. (if he has some time of course)... http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

cheers!

Could we get a bit more info on what you've tried. I'm sure you've at least tried to re-install the rom again, but what else happens? Have you manually "Factory reset (full wipe)", "wipe cache partition", gone into partition tools and "format system" then gone to advanced options and "wipe dalvik cache" and "wipe battery stats" ? (I know it's a lot) All BEFORE installing the "custom zip" ?

That first boot does seem to take forever on the TripNMiui loading screen and if stuck after a good wait I would try pulling the battery and rebooting the phone. Let us know what else you've tried so we can help.

Guest drdownload

sad.gif

Too bad if there's a faulty mb

But I don't think it's an heat issue, it never get hot and it freeze since the first startup after staying all night long switched off. Usually it also reboot when I'm navigating trough menus, it becomes laggy and slow, then freeze

you can google for that issue, and it becomes worse over time. first i had only problems when using 3g and gps at the same time at the end it wouldnt even charge. but as i said, it got replaced without a problem after they tried the usual "fix" (flashing again ;) )

Guest TripNRaVeR

Next update will be very nice. You get more battery power and more speed lol :lol:

I tought battery power decrease performance... EHH NOT B)

Highly advise you to do a fully clean install to ensure you get this new performance.. smoothness will be heavily increased, overal performance way better.

Hopefully disconnected data is now also resolved.

Its stunning that this is possible really, you certainly notice the difference and it makes this release feel slugish

edit:

almost 1800 quadrant

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Great news can't wait trip, this Rom is already sweet, can't believe your bringing a better and faster one out.

Then again its you, tripngenius mate.

Regards

Barry