[ROM] [08-10] TripNMiUI 105.235.U.B71 | TripNMiUI SENSATION@XPERIA

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest the.alien

Working Link2SD for TripNMiUI - Iris 103.235.U.B71,TripNMiUI - MIUI 1.8.19, TripNMiUI - MIUI 1.8.26

Hi,

for those of you, who like to get Link2SD working on Trip'sROMs, the following worked for me. This is a small variation of the workoutlined here: http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=1217578. All Idid was to replace /system/bin/toolbox with one that had 'mkdir' working.

All credits for getting this to work go to:

- GORO, Z and anantshri for finding the new vold that doesnot complain about a second ext2 partition on the SD card

- wolfbreak, as I stole the toolbox file from his rom

- the poster that brought the "[DEV]Link2SD working onX10i" thread to my attention and made me look into this in of theTripNMiUI forums - sorry I can't seem to find your post back

The usual disclaimer:

I am not responsible if these instructions break anything for you. I have also not tested the side effects of using a different toolboxfile.

YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!!

ANOTHER WARNING:

Once you have partitioned your SD card and unless Trip uses an updated vold in his ROMs, you need to run the attached zip file (in recovery) every time you switch Trip's ROMs. Otherwise, the ROM will again not recognize your SD Card and complain about it being corrupted.

Ok, with that said, here are the updated steps (modifiedfrom http://forum.xda-dev...29&postcount=39):

1) Download theattached file

2) Install it viarecovery - Your phone should boot as normal

3) Take out your SD card and use card reader to your PC (mounting via X10should also work, but not tested)

4) DownloadMinitool Partition Wizard home edition (free) Google it!

5) Open MTPW and look for your SD card

6) Select your SD card and choose resize on the side tab in MTPW

7) Drag slider that shows up in the new window to the left to around 500mb or1gb (safety max, more than 1 gb can get problems)

8) Click apply on top left, yes to bla-bla and wait for it to finish

9) You get a new 500mb-1gb empty partition on your SD card.

10) Select the empty partition and click format on the side tab in MTPW

11)Select as Primary and format as EXT 2

12) Click apply on top left, yes to bla-bla and wait for it to finish

13) Once finish exit from MTPW.

14) Open my computer you should see sd card but only the first partition

15) Put SD card back into phone and boot. The phone should still boot as normal.

16) Download Link2SD from market and run it.

17) It will ask on first time to select what type of partition to use. SelectExt2.

18) Link2SD will now install some mount scripts and then ask for a reboot. There should be no complaints from Link2SD at this point.

19) Reboot

20) Run Link2Sd again and press menu button-> storage info. You should see yoursecond 500mb-1gb partition.

You can now start to move apps to the ext2 partition.

Final Note: The zip file installs a blank install-recovery.sh, as Trip does not currently seem to use it. I don't think this is strictly needed to get Link2SD to work, but I left it in the zip, just in case.

Good Luck!

Link2SD_MIUI.zip

Edited by the.alien

Guest jpminou

Didn't got the time to test 1.8.26 busy at work,flashing now :D

so the next release will be with data fix ??

good news and thanks u Mr.T

Edited by jpminou

Guest dashkura

:( :( :( : (:( :( :( :( :(

I know now why my phone have a lot of reboot, it die at little fire, and go to repair for 2 weeks :(.

It's certainly the motherboard problem, battery is very hot and that smell burn.

In 2 weeks I will install again the MIUI and really enjoy it :D :D :D

Guest magicyoda

Hi,

Could anyone get Whatsapp running on MIUI ?

Everytime , I enter my phone number and send it to verification, the phone reboots. This has been a well known bug on MIUI : http://ghost301tech.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/how-to-solve-the-new-miui-android-rom-1-6-reboot-issues/

But the solution doesn't work for me as the superuser app doesn't show me the permissions for everyapp,

any clue ??

thanks !

Guest jpminou

with all TripNmiui no problem with whatsup here.

which BB are u using? not all app need superuser access.

Edited by jpminou

Guest ChilliBo

Hi,

Could anyone get Whatsapp running on MIUI ?

Everytime , I enter my phone number and send it to verification, the phone reboots. This has been a well known bug on MIUI : http://ghost301tech....-reboot-issues/

But the solution doesn't work for me as the superuser app doesn't show me the permissions for everyapp,

any clue ??

thanks !

never had any problems with whatsapp...

Guest jpminou

just came home,my work is killing my flashing time :D.I've been using 1.8.26 all the day,really perfect just need the already solved data fix.

Edited by jpminou

Guest jollster101

just need the already solved data fix.

Amen to that.

Despite it doing my head in I have stuck with 1.8.19 because the rom is great.

Do we know when Trip may have the data drop fix released? My sanity will then be restored once more.

Guest Frankish

Are all camera functions working fine in this rom? I.E. Full 8mp camera and hd recording? I know it says camera and video working in first post but...

Also any issues with latest release i should be aware of other than data problem? My x10 arrives tomorrow :)

Guest guidonno

Hi Trip and other users,

I treid the rom for some time and it looks great. Some problems for me so far:

-Sometimes it takes a long time to connect in gps

-I lose my connection with internet. I have to turn on/of data different times.

Thnx for the rom

Guest TripNRaVeR

Are all camera functions working fine in this rom? I.E. Full 8mp camera and hd recording? I know it says camera and video working in first post but...

Also any issues with latest release i should be aware of other than data problem? My x10 arrives tomorrow :)

Yes camera is fully working, besides the data issue there are no other issues for me. But there are always users who problems with one thing or another but pretty much everything works.

Guest kosa11

Yes camera is fully working, besides the data issue there are no other issues for me. But there are always users who problems with one thing or another but pretty much everything works.

Excatly! 100% agree :) and about gps I was testing it yesterday and it was working really well ;] Ive started gps when I was in a car already and it found signal after about 2 mins ;]

Guest esu89x

For me MIUI 1.8.26 is super cool. :)

Everything working except "speaker" option during a call. I mean there is no FC, but is very noisy, not working properly.

But I'm very happy anyway, thank you Trip.

I also make a language pack for my country and now everybody from here will be happy. :P

Guest marcjuh2811

Hi all

Can some1 with the knowledge make an dutch languagepack cuz its never been made. Search for it on the miui site but it seems trip was the only one that made it in his rom.

I tried the rom its great but my paid nav. Talked english and could not change it in Dutch lol and i badly need it.

Tnx i'd really appreciate it :D

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest thedudu

anyone have rebooting issues? sometimes when i'm using my phone, it will reboot randomly...sometimes i cant even go 5 minutes without a reboot. the problem is even worse when i'm using my phone while it's charging. currently running:

tripnmiui 1.8.26

bb 2.1.71

kernel 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537

before this, i was running trip's 103 rom and had the exact same problems. the 1.8.26 rom has been a lot better, but still a nuisance. my guess is either the cpu is running too hard and giving the phone heat problems or its the fact that i backed up some of my apps and data so there are compatibility issues.

P.S. everything is working perfectly other than this, but the problem is making this otherwise awesome rom a headache =(

Edited by thedudu

Guest cjsabaki

Normally I would say because of the restored data n apps, but its typically force closes..

Stock kernel, so you should be without reboots????

Might try a fresh install, wipe everything two or three times, format sd ( back it up to your computer first) do not restore anything at all n see what happens.

My first x10 had a bad motherboard solder joint n would reboot like that????? Heck, try flashing a stock 2.1 rom n kernel n see???

Shouldn't be seeing reboots like that!!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Guest omnikam

Hey Trip , great job on this Rom. My only real problem is that Barnical wifi tethering doesnt work :( could you look into it? I use my phone for All my computer`s internet activities and wifi saves damage to my plug

Guest thedudu

Normally I would say because of the restored data n apps, but its typically force closes..

Stock kernel, so you should be without reboots????

Might try a fresh install, wipe everything two or three times, format sd ( back it up to your computer first) do not restore anything at all n see what happens.

My first x10 had a bad motherboard solder joint n would reboot like that????? Heck, try flashing a stock 2.1 rom n kernel n see???

Shouldn't be seeing reboots like that!!!!

Best regards,

Chris

definitely a software problem. ive ran wolfs 6.1.3v4.5 rom no problem, tripnmiui 1.7 with no problem at all. i started getting these problems with GB roms. even with the stock GB firmware i had the reboot issues. thought it was the specific firmware i had, but when i flashed a different one i had the same problem. ive also done fresh installs at least 3 times now. can someone direct me to a GB firmware theyre using with no issue or attach the file?

Edited by thedudu

Guest wali01x

definitely a software problem. ive ran wolfs 6.1.3v4.5 rom no problem, tripnmiui 1.7 with no problem at all. i started getting these problems with GB roms. even with the stock GB firmware i had the reboot issues. thought it was the specific firmware i had, but when i flashed a different one i had the same problem. ive also done fresh installs at least 3 times now. can someone direct me to a GB firmware theyre using with no issue or attach the file?

ive tried also alot of roms or basebands or firmwares to see if it could be hardware issue maybe im missing screws from back of my x10 or even to see if my digitizer & other plugs connected well so i used electric tape to secure them. Yet no issues have been solved and even i get reboots once out of no where & then it eats my battery where u see in battery usuage a big spike from w/e number to almost half way down and im like HUH. so i even definatly think its a software issue because if you look @ eclair or froyo what ive been testing on for awhile now no issues :| gb firmware is buggy but any gb firmware ive tried has same situation so i don't know how else i can help someone or even you thedudu mm maybe time to go back to froyo :o and modify it with semc & get it going :D f0ok gb hahah

Guest Phaelon41

@Trip,all

Sorry guys..i need a little help..I'm trying this rom and it's awesome but i have a wifi issue..after 5/10 minutes it disconnect itself and it doesn't reconnect automaticaly. I know that is a 2.3.5 related issue but is there a solution or something else to solve this problem pls??Sorry if it has been already asked many times..but i'm new in 2.3.5 and in this forum!! :)

Thanks

Cheers