19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Phone does not deep sleep with the latest version of your BLN kernel, even if BLN is disabled.

Bear in mind that the current used implementation of BLN for i9100 involves using a wakelock when notifying, there is no way around this at the moment.

ogdobber has a note from creams with reference to his kernel:

"1. Upon receiving notification when deep sleep state of the terminal, wake_lock once

2. Thereafter, regardless of whether the lights blink or continuous LED, hold the wake_lock.

3. End event lighting from BLN Control App (access to sysfs) and release the regulator in wake_unlock.

4. migrate to deep sleep.

5. These repetitions."

In other words, if you use the pro app to eventually turn off led's and thus disabling the wakelock then the phone will deep sleep again and battery life will be normal

P

Guest Shakaw

Bear in mind that the current used implementation of BLN for i9100 involves using a wakelock when notifying, there is no way around this at the moment.

ogdobber has a note from creams with reference to his kernel:

P

I am aware of that. Thats why BLN was disabled. Phone deep sleeps again after i installed another BLN kernel, no other changes.

I am aware of that. Thats why BLN was disabled. Phone deep sleeps again after i installed another BLN kernel, no other changes.

That's odd then, as that is the only file in the kernel that's changed related to BLN... :blink:

P

Phone does not deep sleep with the latest version of your BLN kernel, even if BLN is disabled.

OK, I can't replicate this behaviour.

I have...

• Installed MCK-r2-bln
  • Bought and installed BLN Pro
  • Activated BLN notifications
  • Installed CPUspy

I can see that the device IS going in to a deep sleep state when a BLN notifcation is not active...

P

Guest Shakaw

OK, I can't replicate this behaviour.

I have...

Installed MCK-r2-blnBought and installed BLN ProActivated BLN notificationsInstalled CPUspy

I can see that the device IS going in to a deep sleep state when a BLN notifcation is not active...

P

I reinstalled your kernel from the post and the phone does deep sleep now. Is it different from the one in the kitchen?

Guest Shakaw
Nope, the very same.

You did have it unplugged from the power right? (just checking!)

P

Yeah I did :-)

Hmm just noticed a 5500 second wakelock from colornote, probably why phone didnt sleep, and reboot for kernel install killed it.

Guest artesea

Notice this before when running stock with the Cyanogen modded ASOP clock app, and have the same with MCR using ASOP clock. When the alarm goes off, most times it's missing the last digit from the time of the alarm. So this morning it had 06:0 [snooze] [Dismiss] mellow.gif

Confused.. what's the difference between GR1 and GR2? Aside from +1 ;)

K

For kitchen users, it's just a version increment. For prebake users, it includes all the new features since Gr1. ;)

P

Guest ascito

Is it not showing up or not working?

P

It runs and it seems to work but after the process it doesn't odex.

The very first time I ran it with a previous backed ROM, it worked and its icon disappeared. Now after running it and rebooting device, it is still there.

Edited by ascito

Guest TheMathMan

Bootloop at startup animation using Gr2 and non-BLN kernel from the Kitchen.

I should point out, I wiped system, data and cache for a clean install.

Edited by TheMathMan

Guest Mikkle

Also bootloop here :-/

Adb logcat during boot shows the following right before it reboots itself:

I/SystemServer( 3998): Connectivity Service

V/ConnectivityService( 3998): ConnectivityService starting up

D/ActivityThread( 3998): Loading provider settings: com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider

W/dalvikvm( 3998): threadid=17: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e578)

E/        ( 3998): Dumpstate > /data/log/dumpstate_sys_error

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: ConnectivityThread

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider: java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(ActivityThread.java:3565)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.getProvider(ActivityThread.java:3364)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:3380)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.app.ContextImpl$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContextImpl.java:1783)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:779)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:670)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:2614)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:275)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:73)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$ConnectivityThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:240)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:839)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.database.AbstractCursor.setNotificationUri(AbstractCursor.java:520)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.query(SettingsProvider.java:434)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.ensureAndroidIdIsSet(SettingsProvider.java:328)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.onCreate(SettingsProvider.java:264)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(ContentProvider.java:854)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(ActivityThread.java:3562)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3998): 	... 9 more

Gr2 - just baked it - only change from default kitchen options is that I checked stock build.prop...

:-? Mikkle

Edited by Mikkle

Guest mvheuver

same for me bootloop :-(

checked the md5... it was correct!!

OK, download cancelled :-)

I'd better wait until things have stabilised a bit, I suppose. Looking forward to using a custom ROM, have been quite happy with stock 2.3.3 so far though.