[ROM] [Gingerbread AOSP 2.3.5]

Guest joestone

Guest t0mm13b

I have not published the sources , so it is on my computer , because all source codes I used are freely downloadable . Only my modifications are not published ,but if you want to build a rom I can give you some advice in pm how to start .The standard android sources downloadable following the source.android.com , You need to modify it to get it work on blade. The kernel sources downloadable from zte . The cm sources also downloadble from github (fmradio , usb, wpa_supplicant) and of course you will need some legacy libs for gsm, wifi and codecs.

:huh:

You are in violation of GPL.

Simple, crystal clear.

Your post reeks of condescending tone and crass arrogance, that reply is something else especially the very first part of that sentence emphasized for you in the opening sentence. My! You have some nerve and cheek to say that!

Secondly, the second underlined sentence - that's absolute s**t!

You are implying to everyone - that they are stupid or something, or that they cannot compile?

You sir, are an absolute disgrace to the modaco community and for violating the very essence and spirit, the philosophy and meaning of open-source!

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest joestone

:huh:

You are in violation of GPL.

Simple, crystal clear.

Your post reeks of condescending tone and crass arrogance, that reply is something else especially the very first part of that sentence emphasized for you in the opening sentence. My! You have some nerve and cheek to say that!

Secondly, the second underlined sentence - that's absolute s**t!

You are implying to everyone - that they are stupid or something, or that they cannot compile?

You sir, are an absolute disgrace to the modaco community and for violating the very essence and spirit, the philosophy and meaning of open-source!

I was misunderstood. I have never said that I will not publish modified files , but I understand that I viollate the gpl if I publish the rom without sharing the sources , so until the sources are not shared the rom will not be published.

Guest joestone

Gingerblade_BlueTooth_Sources.zip

Dear t0mm13b and Phoenix Silver !

I see you are developping the 2.3.5 aosp too(https://github.com/P...5-for-Zte-Blade) , but have some troubles .

"Not working :

- Bluetooth

- Busybox

To do :

- Rom is slow "

I understood that you dont need my advice , but I attached my BT sources to this post. I used the stock packages/apps/Bluetooth and external/bluetooth . I think you have the following error when you turn on the BT libc is crashed . ( I had this error) .The rom is slow I think is coming from the poor 2d performance . (60-80 in antutu). The fmradio is not mentioned nor as working nor as not working .

If android is GPL licensed then the ZTE should share their sources too , but they shared only kernel sources. I am opened to share my sources (I have a free 300MB github acc but my source tree is 13G , and was developped alone, there was no need to share the sources while developing) , and I think it could be better to say you need some sources to finish your job , not saying gpl is violated on the day when the rom is published .My post was in direction , that I can give sources not thinking you are not able to compile and as I wrote earlier I never said that my sources will not be published. I do not want to fight to publish a 2.3.5 AOSP rom , you can be the first .

"You sir, are an absolute disgrace to the modaco community and for violating the very essence and spirit, the philosophy and meaning of open-source! " I think you are right , I have done this rom to learn and fun myself and not published the source before I published the ROM . I corrected this bug , the rom is no longer published and I asked the admin team to remove my account and this topic from modaco. I hope in this case I am not a criminal .

Guest Pelemane

I corrected this bug , the rom is no longer published and I asked the admin team to remove my account and this topic from modaco. I hope in this case I am not a criminal .

Uhhmm..

Why would you do that? Why don't you just release the source? You only need to release kernel source.

Guest KonstaT

... the rom is no longer published and I asked the admin team to remove my account and this topic from modaco. I hope in this case I am not a criminal .

Android is released under Apache license. Android is open-source only to some extent, e.g. Android 3.0-> (Honeycomb) is closed-source. Google apps (gmail, market, maps, youtube, etc) are Google's proprietary apps. There are also proprietary wifi/bluetooth/graphic/etc drivers used in our Blades and those are owned by their vendor (e.g. Artheros, Qualqomm). If someone releases a ROM with Google apps and/or proprietary drivers (=every ROM in this forum, mine included ;) ), he/she is violating someone's rights.

Only thing that is released under GPL license is linux kernel and you should release your source/modifications to that. PhoTom is just pissed that released your work before they did...

I somehow managed to find you new build. :) I'll test it later and give you some feedback. Hope to see your ROM back in this forum too. Keep up your good work.

Guest joestone

Android is released under Apache license. Android is open-source only to some extent, e.g. Android 3.0-> (Honeycomb) is closed-source. Google apps (gmail, market, maps, youtube, etc) are Google's proprietary apps. There are also proprietary wifi/bluetooth/graphic/etc drivers used in our Blades and those are owned by their vendor (e.g. Artheros, Qualqomm). If someone releases a ROM with Google apps and/or proprietary drivers (=every ROM in this forum, mine included ;) ), he/she is violating someone's rights.

Only thing that is released under GPL license is linux kernel and you should release your source/modifications to that. PhoTom is just pissed that released your work before they did...

I somehow managed to find you new build. :) I'll test it later and give you some feedback. Hope to see your ROM back in this forum too. Keep up your good work.

Thanks !

I was a litle bit upset . . I have made no modifications to kernel sources it is stock zte kernel based on 0624 sources (without modifications). The kernel config accessible via config.gz..

The download link works again.

Edited by joestone

Guest Phoenix Silver

Gingerblade_BlueTooth_Sources.zip

Dear t0mm13b and Phoenix Silver !

I see you are developping the 2.3.5 aosp too(https://github.com/P...5-for-Zte-Blade) , but have some troubles .

"Not working :

- Bluetooth

- Busybox

To do :

- Rom is slow "

I understood that you dont need my advice , but I attached my BT sources to this post. I used the stock packages/apps/Bluetooth and external/bluetooth . I think you have the following error when you turn on the BT libc is crashed . ( I had this error) .The rom is slow I think is coming from the poor 2d performance . (60-80 in antutu). The fmradio is not mentioned nor as working nor as not working .

If android is GPL licensed then the ZTE should share their sources too , but they shared only kernel sources. I am opened to share my sources (I have a free 300MB github acc but my source tree is 13G , and was developped alone, there was no need to share the sources while developing) , and I think it could be better to say you need some sources to finish your job , not saying gpl is violated on the day when the rom is published .My post was in direction , that I can give sources not thinking you are not able to compile and as I wrote earlier I never said that my sources will not be published. I do not want to fight to publish a 2.3.5 AOSP rom , you can be the first .

"You sir, are an absolute disgrace to the modaco community and for violating the very essence and spirit, the philosophy and meaning of open-source! " I think you are right , I have done this rom to learn and fun myself and not published the source before I published the ROM . I corrected this bug , the rom is no longer published and I asked the admin team to remove my account and this topic from modaco. I hope in this case I am not a criminal .

Thanks for the info :)

Only bluetooth now which don't work

Busybox, su and so on are installed and working

Speed has been solved too (egl bugs corrected)

Guest hecatae

The new version is coming soon , i 'd like to test it for a few days. USB tether does not work at this time .

will you be looking at using the .35.7 kernel source?

Guest joestone

will you be looking at using the .35.7 kernel source?

I have tried to compile the skate kernel , but need some modifications. In the future I plan to use the .35.7 kernel .

Guest joestone

why is adwlauncher in the new build?

See my post #5

The idea behind the two launcher is also coming from the gt540 . Someone likes the stock look of android , while someone wants to apply a theme for it , but does not like CM .

hi

i have been trying many roms , so gsf has been silky smooth , and battery (i use Battery Graph to check) level on gsf virtualy horizontal when phone sleeps almost no drops overnight , CM7 keeps dropping slightly all the time unless you switch data access as well.

SO for ASOP batterywise is behaving like GSF , ie graph show no drops during sleep , plus wifi reconnects on waking , So looks very good at moment, its in my list in the top 3 with gsf and cm7

Guest Phoenix Silver

hi

i have been trying many roms , so gsf has been silky smooth , and battery (i use Battery Graph to check) level on gsf virtualy horizontal when phone sleeps almost no drops overnight , CM7 keeps dropping slightly all the time unless you switch data access as well.

SO for ASOP batterywise is behaving like GSF , ie graph show no drops during sleep , plus wifi reconnects on waking , So looks very good at moment, its in my list in the top 3 with gsf and cm7

I agree Op has made an excellent work here.

Guest targetbsp

This is what's wrong with open source. Someone is actually doing something other than bundling GSF with a theme and some apps and people are jumping down their throat for not having the sources available.

FFS these are people doing it as a hobby where the end result might benefit us greatly. Ask nicely, then wait patiently, don't get all GPL on their asses within 2 minutes of the first ask and discourage them.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Gpl license say you have to publish the sources of your binaries.

Especially when you modify the work of someone else and publish it.

I don't need your advices

I already have compiled my rom with AOSP 2.3.5 sources

Rom is in preparation and will be published soon

And the sources are available in my github like it's required by the Gpl license.

Can't wait to see your work, hope it'll be something different than others. biggrin.gif

This is what's wrong with open source. Someone is actually doing something other than bundling GSF with a theme and some apps and people are jumping down their throat for not having the sources available.

FFS these are people doing it as a hobby where the end result might benefit us greatly. Ask nicely, then wait patiently, don't get all GPL on their asses within 2 minutes of the first ask and discourage them.

So true!

I need to find some time to try this ROM it looks promising.

Guest joestone

This is the coming version. I have problem with camera preview . It seems that it takes the picture , but there is no preview (blank screen) , and recording is also the same .It seems that the sensors are working without calibration . ( I did not do a wipe just boot the new kernel and they were never calibrated, I've got the same measured values as with the .32 kernel) . USB works, tethering works , BT starts , but pairing not works . At this time this just a test version of the kernel .

The board driver (board-zte-blade.c) is from Burstlam (Thanks for it !) Missing files are from codeaurora. The kernel sources downloadable from the download link in first post. In the configs there is a blade_defconfig which is my current config. It is VMSPLIT2G .

post-767487-0-40748800-1315871061_thumb.

post-767487-0-44772300-1315871077_thumb.

post-767487-0-46904800-1315871090_thumb.

Edited by joestone

It's either open source or not. If no source code is available for it, then it's clearly not. That's fine with most of Android, because it's Apache or a similar type of license, so it's worthless to the community, but ok legally. If the kernel is modified & redistributed then we need the source code for that, because it's GPL & that's part of the software license.

Anyway, good job joestone your rom looks good, glad you've let us know about the kernel source. I hope you'll set up a github for the rest.

Edited by wbaw

Guest targetbsp

It's either open source or not. If no source code is available for it, then it's clearly not. That's fine with most of Android, because it's Apache or a similar type of license, so it's worthless to the community, but ok legally. If the kernel is modified & redistributed then we need the source code for that, because it's GPL & that's part of the software license.

Anyway, good job joestone your rom looks good, glad you've let us know about the kernel source. I hope you'll set up a github for the rest.

My point was more that it's unnecessary to jump down his throat so viciously an hour after someone originally requested the source.

Someone pointed out the source isn't there at 11am. At 11:30 he says it's not and, IMO, kindly offers to explain how to recreate them. He might not have realised the source was required or might have figured no-one cared. Either way I don't think the response he got half an hour later from another party was at all justified. In fact, I think *that* response was the only disgrace to the community in this thread.

My point was more that it's unnecessary to jump down his throat so viciously an hour after someone originally requested the source.

Someone pointed out the source isn't there at 11am. At 11:30 he says it's not and, IMO, kindly offers to explain how to recreate them. He might not have realised the source was required or might have figured no-one cared. Either way I don't think the response he got half an hour later from another party was at all justified. In fact, I think *that* response was the only disgrace to the community in this thread.

Unfortunately after "*that* response" he made it clear on another forum, that he won't release any further versions of his ROM.

He made it for himself to learn, to have fun, to get more experience with android, nothing else.

Such a loss :(

Guest targetbsp

Well actually this thread was bumped today because he was posting screenshots of a new version so I guess it's all in the past now. Sorry for derailing it with bad memories! Looking forward to the new version. :)

Guest Phoenix Silver

Imagine if everyone would do like the op : not share the code.

No CM7 developped no nice customs ROMS and so one.

Btw camera works in my AOSP rom if you want to see the source in my github.