CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest Doman75

i have tested any things on my bluetooth:

Headset - ok

File Exchange with other Handy or Laptop - ok

but

Music Play on Handy with Output on Laptop not working, with original ROM is work. Why?

greets

Guest tilal6991

we are all waiting Tilal...:D

any chance of dolby, hd voice and signal boost...?

No sorry - that stuff is in the framework as far ass I can tell and CM has a completely different framework to stock ROM.

Guest tilal6991

i have tested any things on my bluetooth:

Headset - ok

File Exchange with other Handy or Laptop - ok

but

Music Play on Handy with Output on Laptop not working, with original ROM is work. Why?

greets

No idea. Maybe a missing file? I will check.

Guest tilal6991

Tilal, have you released...Doman75 says he's tried the bluetooth..?

No I haven't. It's still building. He's only tested Bluetooth because he was the person who came up with the fix in the first place :)

Guest Doman75

No idea. Maybe a missing file? I will check.

i think its not possible i have check the files, all brcm reference that i find in the originals are in the cm7 not found. no reference to brcm in cm7.

in the image you see which 2 services are missing (in german)

post-938439-0-25848500-1319287672_thumb.

Guest tilal6991

i think its not possible i have check the files, all brcm reference that i find in the originals are in the cm7 not found. no reference to brcm in cm7.

in the image you see which 2 services are missing (in german)

The missing audio ones are probably something in the framework related to Dolby Audio.

Guest trueno2k

Hi there all,

Just wondering whether you'd be catching up with official CM7.1 nightlies that are being released now? I've got 2.3.7 on my blade and loving it, however I can only see one or two visual changes from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 that has been made... Haven't read the changelog fully besides looking for blade specific changes and then download and flash update accordingly... Hope you catch up cuz I'm liking the new unlock function for the lock screen ^_^

Okay boys, keep up the great work so far... thumbsup :P

Guest tilal6991

Hi there all,

Just wondering whether you'd be catching up with official CM7.1 nightlies that are being released now? I've got 2.3.7 on my blade and loving it, however I can only see one or two visual changes from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 that has been made... Haven't read the changelog fully besides looking for blade specific changes and then download and flash update accordingly... Hope you catch up cuz I'm liking the new unlock function for the lock screen ^_^

Okay boys, keep up the great work so far... thumbsup :P

Yep the new build should be today's nightly :) 2.3.7 and post 7.1

Guest trueno2k

Yep the new build should be today's nightly :) 2.3.7 and post 7.1

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Sorry got carried away from the delight of hearing the great news... I just hope this goes into the CM official mods list soon rather than later as it just makes it easier for us all to download from the offical CM site, but that's just my opinion... Cheers, be waiting to get the new CM7-Skate 2.3.7 release :P

Guest tilal6991

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Sorry got carried away from the delight of hearing the great news... I just hope this goes into the CM official mods list soon rather than later as it just makes it easier for us all to download from the offical CM site, but that's just my opinion... Cheers, be waiting to get the new CM7-Skate 2.3.7 release :P

If this build has no problems then I will submit it for approval for the Skate to become an offiicial CM7 device. :)

Guest sergeant_tito

If this build has no problems then I will submit it for approval for the Skate to become an offiicial CM7 device. :)

i'm so excited about CM7 for my Skate :)

thx tilal :)

Guest gaaradono

hi,

i would start by thank tilal for this great rom !

I used the latest version which i found awesome, except the GPS issue (essential for me). So i flashed the modified version by johny hung which fix GPS well, but i find it laggier and battery greedy than without this fix, don't know why, enven so quandrant was as good as before.

No offense johny hung, i may have mistaken somewhere when i flashed.

However i can't wait the new version, hope this one won't lag for me.

PS : excuse my english, i hope i'll be understandable.

Edited by gaaradono

Guest trueno2k

Hi tilal6991,

I've been conversing with tillaz about adding data/app apk install support within the CM7 rom zip on his thread here http://android.modac...ost__p__1830083 and unfortunately couldn't get it working due to some status 7 error and finding only 3 args from 4 needed... I was just wondering whether you can give me some insight into this aswell, and whether it is possible to incorporate data/app apks into the CM7 zip?...

You see is I further customise the custom roms with removing apks I don't like or use and replace some with apks I do use and discard the default apks in the system/app within the CM7 rom thus giving me relatively more space to work with in the system/app folder of my device... SO, I was just wondering whether you can tell me if this can be cracked and help me with incorporating a data/app install port into the CM7 rom so that I can on top of the system/app apks modifications, have also data/app apks automatic installs after booting up my device from flashing a CM7 rom to it!?...

All I know is that the file to modify is the updater-script in the META-INF\com\google\android folder of the rom and tillaz showed me what and where to paste the code needed for this, and that is it... I don't know enough about scripting to do this by myself, and so is asking for help, alot of it!... Is that too much to ask?

I look forward to hearing from you... Cheers ;)

Guest tilal6991

Hi tilal6991,

I've been conversing with tillaz about adding data/app apk install support within the CM7 rom zip on his thread here http://android.modac...ost__p__1830083 and unfortunately couldn't get it working due to some status 7 error and finding only 3 args from 4 needed... I was just wondering whether you can give me some insight into this aswell, and whether it is possible to incorporate data/app apks into the CM7 zip?...

You see is I further customise the custom roms with removing apks I don't like or use and replace some with apks I do use and discard the default apks in the system/app within the CM7 rom thus giving me relatively more space to work with in the system/app folder of my device... SO, I was just wondering whether you can tell me if this can be cracked and help me with incorporating a data/app install port into the CM7 rom so that I can on top of the system/app apks modifications, have also data/app apks automatic installs after booting up my device from flashing a CM7 rom to it!?...

All I know is that the file to modify is the updater-script in the META-INF\com\google\android folder of the rom and tillaz showed me what and where to paste the code needed for this, and that is it... I don't know enough about scripting to do this by myself, and so is asking for help, alot of it!... Is that too much to ask?

I look forward to hearing from you... Cheers ;)

The problem is with updater-binary. Some binaries seem to require 3 args for extraction, some 4. I think CM7 is 4 args so if you copy the updater-binary and use mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata", "/data"); it should work.

Guest trueno2k

The problem is with updater-binary. Some binaries seem to require 3 args for extraction, some 4. I think CM7 is 4 args so if you copy the updater-binary and use mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata", "/data"); it should work.

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply BUT, I don't really understand what you mean by copying the updater-binary file, I see it's already in the same folder as the updater-script file, and where do I need to put this line of code within the updater-script file? PLUS, using Notepad++ how do I properly save the updater-script file so that CWM can read the lines of code right/properly?... tillaz says that just saving the modified file won't do as he says that CWM is particularly sensitive to the file structure or something any ideas as to why?.... Cheers...

Guest tilal6991

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply BUT, I don't really understand what you mean by copying the updater-binary file, I see it's already in the same folder as the updater-script file, and where do I need to put this line of code within the updater-script file? PLUS, using Notepad++ how do I properly save the updater-script file so that CWM can read the lines of code right/properly?... tillaz says that just saving the modified file won't do as he says that CWM is particularly sensitive to the file structure or something any ideas as to why?.... Cheers...

OK - explain to me what ROM you are trying to mod - mine or BlueGinger