CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

and what version of android do you have? 2.3.5?

my is android version 2.3.5.

baseband version P743B01

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7

build number " V1.0.0B01

My wifi work properly (WPA2-PSK AES 11bgn mix), and it takes very short time to connect to my AP!

Guest Kayusumi

and what version of android do you have? 2.3.5?

my is android version 2.3.5.

baseband version P743B01

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7

build number " V1.0.0B01

Of course I have flashed my device to this build CyanogenMod Nightly 2.0

post-934340-0-79917900-1319720412_thumb.

Did you do a full wipe? I didn't encounter any problem on this ROM except LED notification.

Or you may check your AP?

Guest Blueton

I am trying to enable fixed dialing numbers but I am asked for pin2. I have never set up a pin for the phone or similar. Foes anyone know what the default pin number is to try. Thanks for the help.

Guest Blueton

I am trying to enable fixed dialing numbers but I am asked for pin2. I have never set up a pin for the phone or similar. Foes anyone know what the default pin number is to try. Thanks for the help.

Please ignore this. It's not what I wanted to do. Don't need the information.

What I need to do is create speeddial numbers but can't find them in the settings

no one has problem with the wifi?

Same here. Just found out yesterday. After installing ROM it worked perfectly. After I turned off the phone

and turned it back on next day weird problems with WiFi started to occur. Most of the time it is not able to

connect to AP. Tried different APs but no luck - this seems to be the phone/rom issue. Also did full wipe including dalvik before flashing.

Seems I will be reverting back to BlueMonte 1.8.C - no problems at all with this rom...

Edited by C3C0

New info regarding the previus post dealing with WiFi. I have discovered that as soon as I delete all of my access points that are out of range

and leave just the one that is actually in range wifi immediatelly connects with no problem. Must be something to do with other APs defined in the list.

Looks like some kind of BUG to me.

Well... after a while the wifi crashed again...

I have captured some log messages

D/10:56:04.240 WifiStateTracker(  234)

Reset connections and stopping DHCP

E/10:56:04.150 WifiHW  (  234)

Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/system/wpa_supplicant/eth0": No such file or directory

E/10:56:01.380 wpa_supplicant(  314)

ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]

ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]

ioctl[SIOCGIWMODE]

E/10:56:01.370 wpa_supplicant(  314)

Failed to disable WPA in the driver.

I/10:56:01.370 wpa_supplicant(  314)

CTRL_IFACE monitor[0]: 2 - No such file or directory

I/10:56:01.370 wpa_supplicant(  314)

CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=0 state=0 BSSID=00:00:00:00:00:00

E/10:56:01.370 wpa_supplicant(  314)

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]

E/10:56:01.360 wpa_supplicant(  314)

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]

E/10:56:01.360 Tethering(  234)

attempting to remove unknown iface (eth0), ignoring

Application is not responding: AppWindowToken{4085eea8 token=HistoryRecord{409f38d0 com.android.settings/.WirelessSettings}}.  5004.0ms since event, 5003.9ms since wait started

E/10:55:53.330 wpa_supplicant(  314)

ioctl[SIOCGIWMODE]

E/10:55:51.330 wpa_supplicant(  314)

ioctl[SIOCSIWMLME]

V/10:55:49.330 WifiMonitor(  234)

Event [CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 15 received]

I/10:55:49.330 wpa_supplicant(  314)

CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 0 received

I/10:55:49.330 wpa_supplicant(  314)

CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 15 received

E/10:55:49.320 WifiStateTracker(  234)

Wifi Driver reports HUNG - reloading.

E/10:55:49.320 wpa_supplicant(  314)

wpa_driver_priv_driver_cmd failed (-1): LINKSPEED

E/10:55:47.310 wpa_supplicant(  314)

wpa_driver_priv_driver_cmd failed (-1): RSSI

wpa_driver_priv_driver_cmd failed (-1): COUNTRY US

E/10:55:21.289 wpa_supplicant(  314)

wpa_driver_priv_driver_cmd failed (-1): COUNTRY US

I/10:55:19.009 ActivityManager(  234)

Just thinking loud. My defined APs got restored automatically from Google backup after booting the ROM for the first time and I have a feeling this could be a problem.

I deleted all these AP-s and right now added just one that I can reach right now. Looks to be stable now.

Will see what happens when I add another AP after coming home...

Guest Kayusumi

Hi, tilal, is it possible to use CMTD to modify the size of system/cache to increase data?

I used the method from XDA(My link,My link), but after the following procedures, I got the same size of system/cache

I know I can install link2sd to increase the capacity of apps, but I don't need quite large size in my system

Thank yousmile.gif

Edited by Kayusumi

Guest reo2xor

Been running this on unlocked Skate (not OMC) for the last week without any stability issues.

After nandroid backup, did full wipe before flashing ROM and latest gapps, then re-installed my apps individually.

Memory and battery life have shown improvement, and now enjoying the access to CM goodies.

@ tilal6991,

Thankyou for your hard work in making cm7 available for the skate :D

I was wondering,do you have any news on the skate being merged with cm7 ?

Also,is it possible if you will be releasing further builds,to add softbuttons at compile time?

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

for some reason I've been getting mobile connection problems with V2...sometimes a reboot fixes that but sometimes not..

I've tried the sim in other phone no problems, but in the skate with cm7 I can't get a connection....with Bluemonte it works!!

Guest tilal6991

for some reason I've been getting mobile connection problems with V2...sometimes a reboot fixes that but sometimes not..

I've tried the sim in other phone no problems, but in the skate with cm7 I can't get a connection....with Bluemonte it works!!

I think it is beacuse I used the open source RIL lib from the skate - I will use the Propietary one from ZTE in v2.5 - see if that fixes it.

Guest dadashi

I think it is beacuse I used the open source RIL lib from the skate - I will use the Propietary one from ZTE in v2.5 - see if that fixes it.

Thanks Tilal, when is the v2.5 out? I need to use the phone...:D

Guest tilal6991

Thanks Tilal, when is the v2.5 out? I need to use the phone...:D

I don't know - I've been having some issues with brightness and I can't figure out what caused it. Also I've been very busy and it's unlikely I can release a new build this week. Could you get a logcat of the signal drop?

Guest dadashi

I don't know - I've been having some issues with brightness and I can't figure out what caused it. Also I've been very busy and it's unlikely I can release a new build this week. Could you get a logcat of the signal drop?

I have a signal, people can phone me but I can't phone out or text and I don't have data connection either.. :blink: ..wierd because it was working fine till a day or so ago. Like I said I go to other rom ie. Bluemonte and it works and the sim card works fine in other phones....

Guest Blueton

tilal6991

I think this isi a great rom but I have 2 questions about it.

Is there a way to enable speed dial numbers with it....I cant find any in the settings and secondly is there a way to access the proximity settings apart from putting in the *983*0# as I get the error message invalid MMI code so cant acsses the proximity settings to recalibrate the phones sensors. Get the same message when I try to use 1 to get my voice mails.

Once again great work on the rom.