CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

tilal6991

I think this isi a great rom but I have 2 questions about it.

Is there a way to enable speed dial numbers with it....I cant find any in the settings and secondly is there a way to access the proximity settings apart from putting in the *983*0# as I get the error message invalid MMI code so cant acsses the proximity settings to recalibrate the phones sensors. Get the same message when I try to use 1 to get my voice mails.

Once again great work on the rom.

I have a secret fix for the second one. :) as for the first - google and see what you find.

Found that - "1) Go to a screen long press > add short cut > direct dial "

Guest Blueton

I have a secret fix for the second one. :) as for the first - google and see what you find.

Found that - "1) Go to a screen long press > add short cut > direct dial "

Thanks for the edit idea for 1)

Want to share the secret fix for the other ;)

Guest ninjagordy

sweet....montecarlo just arrived, turbo sim ordered , ill root and flash with this rom later in anticipation of the magic sim coming. hopefully all good from there on till an official unlock becomes available. im hoping that the sim free version will hold the key to true unlocking... cmon boys do your stuff!!

good work as always!!

Gordy!

On my blade running cm7,I would edit media_profiles.xml file for 800x480 video recording.

I thought I would have a play with media_profiles.xml on my OMC seeing as video resolution is so poor(3gp 320x240).I know this because lg camera app,on first load,shows your default settings.The problem is,media_profiles.xml is not in system/etc ?

Anyway,I took media_profiles.xml from a blade backup on my computer.I edited it and placed in system/etc followed by a reboot.But this only freezed the stock camera app in video mode,but it was in 800x480 resolution,as I could see preview through the entire screen.There seems to be nothing in media_profiles.xml that makes it blade Specific,so assuming it is universal,I thought it would work ?

Edited by Guest

On my blade running cm7,I would edit media_profiles.xml file for 800x480 video recording.

I thought I would have a play with media_profiles.xml on my OMC seeing as video resolution is so poor(3gp 320x240).I know this because lg camera app,on first load,shows your default settings.The problem is,media_profiles.xml is not in system/etc ?

Anyway,I took media_profiles.xml from a blade backup on my computer.I edited it and placed in system/etc followed by a reboot.But this only freezed the stock camera app in video mode,but it was in 800x480 resolution,as I could see preview through the entire screen.There seems to be nothing in media_profiles.xml that makes it blade Specific,so assuming it is universal,I thought it would work ?

any chance you could pull stagefright.so from your blades cm7 and upload it for me smile.gif

it can be found @ system/lib

@tillaz,finally managed to upload that stagefright.so.

If you still need it,in my post above.Not sure if its my computer or modaco,but I keep getting errors or no file selected messages ?

Guest dadashi

I was having mobile annd data connection problems for a couple of days but it seems to have sorted itself out...

BUT today I turned on data connection and it wouldn't work, I did a reboot and it worked :rolleyes:

I'm generaly very pleased with this cm7 only a couple of quirks need ironing out...

@tillaz,finally managed to upload that stagefright.so.

If you still need it,in my post above.Not sure if its my computer or modaco,but I keep getting errors or no file selected messages ?

thanks smile.gif

so on the blades cm7 800x480 video recording works, with the media profiles mod...

also wot build is it ? 2.3.7 ?

Edited by tillaz

thanks smile.gif

so on the blades cm7 800x480 video recording works, with the media profiles mod...

also wot build is it ? 2.3.7 ?

yes the 2.3.7 build,it was a self compile build by targetbsp,which would of been N230 ish.

yes the 2.3.7 build,it was a self compile build by targetbsp,which would of been N230 ish.

cool, this is the main thing i want to fix for all the roms on the skate/OMC (800x480 video recording)

I bought an unlocked ZTE Skate as a gift for my dad's birthday. I rooted the phone and installed CWM. The D-day is November 17th. And once I give him the phone, I won't be able to flash new roms every few days, since he needs it working :)

I would love to have CyanogenMod installed in the phone, since it's a ROM I'm comfortable with and I could answer any doubt he had just by looking at my own phone. The question is: is this port mature enough to install it right now? Do you think there will be a new/better version in the next two weeks?

Thank you in advance, and all my respect and admiration for the modding community.

I have had a good play with version 2.0.

And it is stable for everyday use,can find no issues.battery life is good too,and wifi working fine for me.

But then bluemonte is good too,and has dolby sound.

In my opinion,I would say bluemonte is more stable.

Edited by Guest

I have had a good play with version 2.0.

And it is stable for everyday use,can find no issues.battery life is good too,and wifi working fine for me.

But then bluemonte is good too,and has dolby sound.

In my opinion,I would say bluemonte is more stable.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Guest Andymac1969

Just my twopence worth, I like the Modaco ROM, but could not get the Aps2sd working at all, I used the Bluenote ROM followed it all to the letter and the battery life is a shocker, went to bed last night at 91% got up this morning and it was 40% all down to mobile standby, so now I am going to give this one a go and see if the battery life is any better.

Andrew

Just my twopence worth, I like the Modaco ROM, but could not get the Aps2sd working at all, I used the Bluenote ROM followed it all to the letter and the battery life is a shocker, went to bed last night at 91% got up this morning and it was 40% all down to mobile standby, so now I am going to give this one a go and see if the battery life is any better.

Andrew

You must have an app waking your device up.

I get no such drain on bluemonte overnight!

I switch data off before going to sleep,and wake up with same battery in morning.

The most it drops is 2%