CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest dadashi

Just my twopence worth, I like the Modaco ROM, but could not get the Aps2sd working at all, I used the Bluenote ROM followed it all to the letter and the battery life is a shocker, went to bed last night at 91% got up this morning and it was 40% all down to mobile standby, so now I am going to give this one a go and see if the battery life is any better.

Andrew

Use "link2sd" or "S2E" for your Ext* partition...

You definitely have some app eating away at your battery...Ive been using tilals cmV2 since it came out and also Bluemonti and had no battery drain whatsoever...charged overnight and at 2pm 94% after a couple of calls and a brief look at the footi and news...

Edited by dadashi

Guest Unchange

I'm thinking of moving from Bluemonte to this to see how it differs in terms of performance and battery life (which seems pretty shocking right now, although I do use the phone a lot). And I also hear that it has max video recording, which I need for a gig on Sunday. Is there any way to just fully backup and reinstate my applications and my homescreens as they are, with all their settings? Takes forever to go back and change things again.

Edited by Unchange

Guest Andymac1969

Use "link2sd" or "S2E" for your Ext* partition...

You definitely have some app eating away at your battery...Ive been using tilals cmV2 since it came out and also Bluemonti and had no battery drain whatsoever...charged overnight and at 2pm 94% after a couple of calls and a brief look at the footi and news...

Hi, forgot about S2E rolleyes.gif just installed it onto Cyanogen, works a treat, one thing the battery life on this is miles better than the Bluemonte, with the same apps running cool.gif

Andrew

Guest ninjagordy

Hi, forgot about S2E rolleyes.gif just installed it onto Cyanogen, works a treat, one thing the battery life on this is miles better than the Bluemonte, with the same apps running cool.gif

Andrew

im having serious power drain issues as well .... dunno why. possibly due to me leaving the data on ill try and turn it off/on when i need it but its handy for email updates etc.

im having serious power drain issues as well .... dunno why. possibly due to me leaving the data on ill try and turn it off/on when i need it but its handy for email updates etc.

I would recommend droidwall from market.

This app allows you to block or allow apps form using 3G or wifi.

This should help with battery life as only a select few apps will be using 3G

Guest ninjagordy

I would recommend droidwall from market.

This app allows you to block or allow apps form using 3G or wifi.

This should help with battery life as only a select few apps will be using 3G

nice one mate...ill grab it now!

Guest Andymac1969

nice one mate...ill grab it now!

Mine has drained 13% in 13 hours with Cyanogen ROM, biggest change for me was turning off the wifi, as that really drained it fast

Andrew

Guest Peterzon99

Hi! This rom is locked, isn't it? I tried it with my Skate from Hungarian T-Mobile, but it's only works with the T-mobile sim. I'd like to use my phone with another provider's sim, is there any solution? Unlocked rom, or anything else... CM rom solved my problem with ZTE Blade, but now it doesn't work, and the phone asks the unlock code. Anyone knows why? THX for your help!

Edited by Peterzon99

Guest Peterzon99

You will have to get the unlock code from Hungarian T-Mobile....

In UK Orange give the code after 3months at the latest, how is it there?

Hi! I don't know, I will ask it and I will buy the unlock code. But I still don't understand why this rom isn't unlock the phone like CM on blade? What is the difference? Sometimes this rom asks the unlock code even if I use the T-Mobile sim... So I just want to know that it is normal if this rom doesn't accept any sim like CM on ZTE Blade, or there's something wrong with my phone?

Guest tilal6991

Hi! I don't know, I will ask it and I will buy the unlock code. But I still don't understand why this rom isn't unlock the phone like CM on blade? What is the difference? Sometimes this rom asks the unlock code even if I use the T-Mobile sim... So I just want to know that it is normal if this rom doesn't accept any sim like CM on ZTE Blade, or there's something wrong with my phone?

The unlock mechanism on the blAde and the one on the skate are two completely different things. So flashing this Rom doesn't unlock the phone.

Guest Peterzon99

The unlock mechanism on the blAde and the one on the skate are two completely different things. So flashing this Rom doesn't unlock the phone.

OK, I understand. Thank you!

Guest TWJames

Dear Tilal,

Will you release MIUI ROM for Skate?

Thank you!!

Guest tilal6991

Correct me if I am wrong,but MIUI is Armv7 based,thus making it very difficult,near impossible to port!

absolutely correct. With enough time it is possible but I'm not willing to devote that much time.

When playing music through Bluetooth headphones, there is a constant interruption of the music. What more, then less frequently. I tried several different headphones: Motorola, Jabrasad.gif

Does any of you have any problems playing videos on Youtube?

Btw, wonderful port, I come from an Optimus Boston(Gigabyte GSmart 1305) and I really can tell the huge difference(to ZTE Skate Stock), and the difference in performance is even larger with this port.

EDIT: Nvm abt the youtube, reinstall fixed it.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest ninjagordy

main applications short cut.... how do i put it on the front screen on the cm7 mod...seems to not be there (noob question i know!)

Edited by ninjagordy

Guest Bazabaza

main applications short cut.... how do i put it on the front screen on the cm7 mod...seems to not be there (noob question i know!)

goto applications. Press and hold application you require. Should goto screen then move sideways to screen required.

Guest ninjagordy

goto applications. Press and hold application you require. Should goto screen then move sideways to screen required.

no worries. put blue monty back on...everything...just ...works!!