CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest Peterzon99

Are you using the calibration in settings?

Yes: Before celibration: dark screen, after calibration (settings before calibration message): screen stays on. Proximity calibration data is empty and writes I already use defaults.So there is no calibration data at all.

Edited by Peterzon99

Guest Atomix86

Unfortunately proximity is still not works for me. Before celibration: dark screen, after calibration (settings before calibration message): screen stays on. Proximity calibration data is empty and writes I already use defaults. Any idea? With non-CM7 based roms it works fine (after calibration).

On the first call, it stays dark until you press back. After this, it's perfect.

Guest Peterzon99

On the first call, it stays dark until you press back. After this, it's perfect.

Before calibration I tried this, but after I pressed back in a few seconds it became black again and screen didn't switch on again. After calibration it stays on and didn't switch off when I hold the phone to my head.

tilal6991: Yes, I have.

Edited by Peterzon99

Guest tilal6991

Before calibration I tried this, but after I pressed back in a few seconds it became black again and screen didn't switch on again. After calibration it stays on and didn't switch off when I hold the phone to my head.

tilal6991: Yes, I have.

No idea why its not working. I've exhausted all my suggestions.

Guest Brooxybrooks

Hello Chaps, My first post on a forum ever so be nice unsure.gif Amazing! work Tilal cool.gif

I've just been playing around with the VGA recording and found out that if I lock the cpu to 122Mhz it still works all though the frame rate does drop to 9-11fps with a bitrate of just under 1000kbs how is this possible?

At 245Mhz 15fps and just over 1000kbs, above 245Mhz all the way to 940Mhz it stays about the same way 15fps and 1000kbs.

does this mean that with Cm9 we could see 800x480 like on SF or even 960x540 qhd and 720p

I've had a little play around with IgCamcorder (Igcamera) it doesn't seem to like anything over VGA

It's all good the only thing to me that was getting to me was the low video recording quality but now i have VGA all is good in the world again biggrin.gif

All hail Tilal and all you other boffins who make are phones awesome!!!

Thank you

P.s can't wait till CM9 on the skate just waiting for the camera fix

Edited by Brooxybrooks

Guest Ipecac9

Funny, my phone says it's still mod version CM7 11132011 Nightly even though I just installed the new one. Is this normal?

Nevertheless, thank you very much for making CM7 available for Skate, it's great!

Guest tilal6991
Funny, my phone says it's still mod version CM7 11132011 Nightly even though I just installed the new one. Is this normal?

Nevertheless, thank you very much for making CM7 available for Skate, it's great!

Yeah I didn't change it because technically it is still that version with a couple of fixes.

Guest Ipecac9

Yeah I didn't change it because technically it is still that version with a couple of fixes.

Great, I was afraid that I'd somehow in my confusion installed the older version wink.gif

Guest Atomix86
with cm7 in Blade pressing the return button longer ends a task or app, any chance of thet for Skate...?

There's an option for that in CyanogenMod settings.

Guest dadashi

There's an option for that in CyanogenMod settings.

I've found the custom apps for the three buttons but I dont find the end task option for the return button...

Guest Redstarr1

Hello Chaps, My first post on a forum ever so be nice unsure.gif Amazing! work Tilal cool.gif

I've just been playing around with the VGA recording and found out that if I lock the cpu to 122Mhz it still works all though the frame rate does drop to 9-11fps with a bitrate of just under 1000kbs how is this possible?

At 245Mhz 15fps and just over 1000kbs, above 245Mhz all the way to 940Mhz it stays about the same way 15fps and 1000kbs.

does this mean that with Cm9 we could see 800x480 like on SF or even 960x540 qhd and 720p

I've had a little play around with IgCamcorder (Igcamera) it doesn't seem to like anything over VGA

It's all good the only thing to me that was getting to me was the low video recording quality but now i have VGA all is good in the world again biggrin.gif

All hail Tilal and all you other boffins who make are phones awesome!!!

Thank you

P.s can't wait till CM9 on the skate just waiting for the camera fix

Qhd and 720p are just impossible with that camera, that would be magic.. Getting the camera to work in CM9 will probably be tough enough as it is.

@Tilal,

You remember I asked about changing the volume rocker to a theme ?

Well it seems it is possible using this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312431

But for some reason it forks all the writting on things,maybe you could take a look?

This is the color I want the volume rocker,its more ics than stock gingerbread colors.

Also,could this be used on your build: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1358037

edit: fixed it...well sort of.

I opened the ics framework zip from the first link above,then opened the frameworkres.apk from your build,droped the res folder from the ics zip and dropped it into your frameworkres.apk.Then I moved it to system with root explorer,changed permissions,then moved to frameworks and overwrote frameworkres.apk,reboot,done :D

But still some things not right :(

Maybe you know which files in res folder that I should miss so that the text does not change?

post-796032-0-66488300-1325947079_thumb.

post-796032-0-26947500-1325948521_thumb.

post-796032-0-46905100-1325948530_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

Qhd and 720p are just impossible with that camera, that would be magic.. Getting the camera to work in CM9 will probably be tough enough as it is.

blade has a similar or worse camera with 800x480 video recording (using lgcamera and a 2.3.5 rom)....sooner or later skate'll have that at the very least...

Edited by dadashi

Guest admanirv

720p is not impossible as such.

If you look at the specs of the camera is actually support 720p!, the camera is OV5640.

However the Armv6 MSM7227(T) SoC is limited to capture a max resolution of WVGA (480x800) @ 30fps

Guest TouchyAndalou

blade has a similar or worse camera with 800x480 video recording (using lgcamera and a 2.3.5 rom)....sooner or later skate'll have that at the very least...

Was that ever on gingerbread though? I seem to remember it only being able to work on froyo at that resolution.

Guest dadashi

Was that ever on gingerbread though? I seem to remember it only being able to work on froyo at that resolution.

it works on gingerbread, only not with cm7...

Guest tilal6991

Dadshi - could you tell me which ROM and what configuration allowed the Blade to get 800x480?

Guest dadashi

Dadshi - could you tell me which ROM and what configuration allowed the Blade to get 800x480?

Hi tilal, I sold my blade 5 months ago..I just checked my daughters blade, she has cm7 and only records up to 640x480

I used to use fibblesan's and kaltekafe's gingerbread 2.3.x with 800x480 video recording...I havent looked at the blade forum for months, it wouldnt be a bad idea to ask there whats new...

Edited by dadashi

Guest trueno2k

Lailt, you said that you fixed the proximity sensor, but I'm sorry to say that when ever I use the phone to make / take a call after a fresh boot, the screen still stays black after taking the phone away from my ear or finger until I start pressing buttons to relight the screen again, or I have to go into settings / device settings and calibrate the sensors again after booting the phone up... Are you SURE that this has been fixed???

I've had the phone pre-partition tpt'd which only contains CWM before flashing a pre-modded version of your CM7-Skate version 3.5 so that I don't get any interference from anything I would have installed on the phone previously, and I've repeated the flash on a fresh tpt OMC 4 times now due to some rather annoying fuckups when I was setting the phone up with the settings and app installations, and every time the screen stays black after removing my finger from the proximity sensor during a call test...

Am I the only one here who is still having this problem? I would much rather have the ZTE Skate app to quicky re-calibrate the proximity sensor than the device settings option under settings!...

Edited by trueno2k