[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

How can we fix the accelerometer lagg? When reboot my phone and play need for speed shift the accelerometer is ok. but after a while it starts to lag a lot?

i have the 179 rom

do you have swap enabled and loads of installed apps too? could be your phone is bloated with stuff and resourses are to few :)

Guest gagan313

do you have swap enabled and loads of installed apps too? could be your phone is bloated with stuff and resourses are to few :)

well no, not really i have a 8 gb sd card and 3.67gb used and phone memory has 98mb left.

i usually close all open apps first using advanced task killer. But I only seem to have this issue with the cyanogenmod roms

Guest Racerboy

well no, not really i have a 8 gb sd card and 3.67gb used and phone memory has 98mb left.

i usually close all open apps first using advanced task killer. But I only seem to have this issue with the cyanogenmod roms

these games installed on sdcard or internal? try sd-booster on market to change cache speed from default 128kb to something like 1024kb instead, as the name suggests it will only speed up your sdcard read/write......

Typo

Edited by Racerboy

Guest gagan313

these games installed on sdcard or internal? try sd-booster on market to change cache speed from default 128kb to something like 1042kb instead

ok ill try that.

but i dont think that should make a difference anyway. on the stock rom i didnt have the accelerometer problem.

Guest t0mm13b

Hi,

As a co-dev of clockwork ui mod in collaboration with Phoenix, can you point me to the source where you built this rom as am looking for the device/ tree for this racer?

Cheers,

B)

Guest Racerboy

Hi,

As a co-dev of clockwork ui mod in collaboration with Phoenix, can you point me to the source where you built this rom as am looking for the device/ tree for this racer?

Cheers,

B)

theres a pm for you about, hopefully will help

Guest Rahulj85

Updated version of #179 (4pda 2.3.5 cm7swap #179 v2) download: HERE thx to vitalik1994 as usual :)

Default English Language and changed bootanimation

Fixed the transparency in notification bar and the grey line on the left aswell, All works except the LED issue sometimes, but you can install "Light Flow" from the market and it will solve that.

Installation: If you have any of the 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 roms by vitalik1994 installed already from this thread you should be able to install (no wipe) over the top of existing ROM

AS ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP FIRST

If however you have a different ROM installed then a full wipe (refer to post #1 on this thread) is recommended...gapps package for market is also on the 1st post

thanks again...btw i am still experiencing lot of lag and ghost clicks..are you experiencing the same?

Guest Racerboy

thanks again...btw i am still experiencing lot of lag and ghost clicks..are you experiencing the same?

not the lag no but the ghosts typo`s are more noticable in #179 compared to #176 but still nowhere near as bad as other ROMS

Guest Rahulj85

not the lag no but the ghosts typo`s are more noticable in #179 compared to #176 but still nowhere near as bad as other ROMS

tell me about it..its been more than a week since new nightly came out for blade..i wonder when the next one will come out..

Just flashed #149 v2, I can see a huge performance boost. No more lagging... Also the touch is better IMO, you don't have to press too hard now...

The screen on/off animation and accelerometer lag bugs are still there though.

Everything else is facebomzm.jpg!

Edited by Krste

Guest Rahulj85

well the list is growing in the fix/change log HERE so i would think in the next day or 2

the change log is really growing..more nightlies to follow..it seems it will be a while before an RC can come out.

Reporting the phone freezing sometimes.

Also, battery is drained very quickly compared to #176

EDIT -

And oh, Thanks Racerboy! I tried some tether softwares, but no one tether it properly via USB.

Edited by deliz

Guest Racerboy

Reporting the phone freezing sometimes.

Also, battery is drained very quickly compared to #176

EDIT -

And oh, Thanks Racerboy! I tried some tether softwares, but no one tether it properly via USB.

usb tether works great for me with the stock app compiled in rom, but wifi tether i had to use 3rd party app

Guest Racerboy

Hi, i know this is kinda off topic but how do you enable swap for better performance??

i have a very big sd card and i want to run some apps a but faster?

not sure on the commands on terminal emulator or adb but there are apps on market "swapper for root" seems to work, maybe someone else can help with the manual way of enabling swap

Guest gagan313

not sure on the commands on terminal emulator or adb but there are apps on market "swapper for root" seems to work, maybe someone else can help with the manual way of enabling swap

thanks..

oh yeh.... by enabling swap could you actually run a psx emulator properly?? because normally when i try to run a game it lags so hard..(slow)

Edited by gagan313

Guest vamshistunner

Hi, i know this is kinda off topic but how do you enable swap for better performance??

i have a very big sd card and i want to run some apps a but faster?

There are two ways you can use swap, one is creating swap file with below mentioned commands or you can create a swap partition.

open Terminal Emulator and type the below commands..

- su

- dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

- mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

- swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

Note:1) In the second line parameter "count" is the size of swap file ("102400"= 100Mb) You can change the size to whatever you want :)

2)swap.swp is the name of the swap file and you can create it anywhere inside /sdcard/

3) "swapon" is the command used for activating swap and "swapoff" is used for deactivating.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Racerboy

@vamshistunner thx for commands :) so in thoery if i change cache speed on sdcard from 128kb default to 1024kb would that speed up the swap partition aswell as the rest of sdcard?

Guest vamshistunner

@vamshistunner thx for commands :) so in thoery if i change cache speed on sdcard from 128kb default to 1024kb would that speed up the swap partition aswell as the rest of sdcard?

No. swap is entirely different from that and works in a different way. When there is more Read/Write operations on sdcard, it consumes more power.

Caution: Using swap will shorten the life of memory card. So do at your own risk.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest gagan313

but even then.... the zte racer has more cpu power and graphics and ram than an playstation 1 console.

it can run need for speed shift!!!! compare the graphics between need for speed and an normal ps1 game.

the phones graphics are better.

Guest Racerboy

No. swap is entirely different from that and works in a different way. When there is more Read/Write operations on sdcard, it consumes more power.

Caution: Using swap will shorten the life of memory card. So do at your own risk.

i understand the way in which swap works and the fact it wastes your battery quicker which is expected when reading and writing as virtual ram from sdcard just thought it might work as a whole for the sdcard and improve further the read/write speed rather than partition based....:)