[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

but even then.... the zte racer has more cpu power and graphics and ram than an playstation 1 console.

it can run need for speed shift!!!! compare the graphics between need for speed and an normal ps1 game.

the phones graphics are better.

Hmm. But only PS1 games can run on mobile that too using emulators. But there are much better games out there for mobile having much better graphics than ps1. Anyways your wish. You can run it through some emulator. :)

Guest vamshistunner

i understand the way in which swap works and the fact it wastes your battery quicker which is expected when reading and writing as virtual ram from sdcard just thought it might work as a whole for the sdcard and improve further the read/write speed rather than partition based....:)

lol.. If that is the case i'll be the first one to do it :D

Guest gagan313

You want to run psx games on mobile ?

is that possible? i guess we cant

there is an app called psx4droid.

i tried on samsung galaxy s and zte blade and both worked fine.

i am also aware that zte racer struggles to run ps1 games and n64 games but can run snes, nes , sega genesis and gba emulators very good

Guest Khan Miro

I am very surprised none ever complied about that: the very very hard to pull down notification bar. Can that be fixed? The screen is inaccurate enough still, but hope it will be fixed. Anyway, I follow the updates and see how the Racer gets better and better :) Thank you guys. Racerboy, the question was for you ;)

Guest Racerboy

I am very surprised none ever complied about that: the very very hard to pull down notification bar. Can that be fixed? The screen is inaccurate enough still, but hope it will be fixed. Anyway, I follow the updates and see how the Racer gets better and better :) Thank you guys. Racerboy, the question was for you ;)

Hi, if you`ve only simply updated your ROM (not full wipe) and done this maybe 4 or 5 times with ROMS in this thread i would maybe do a full clean installation to see if that rectifies your problem with notification bar.

For me and almost everybody else notification bar is working fine, the transperancy is fixed,icons fixed and thick grey line on top left is gone now aswell....i agree on the screen calibration it is slightly worse on the #179v2 compared to #176 which is the best imo so far, i think the problem we have is the variety of Racer/X850/ etc with slight difference, example: 2 people, 1 with uk Racer and 1 with X850 from china and both have same ROM installed can report different pro`s and con`s, in other words their is not 1 single ROM that has same results good or bad for everybody. At the moment we are metatheoreticaly speaking "drowning" in ROMS which is a good thing :) As you say Racer ROMS are getting better and better.......

Guest gagan313

Hmm. But only PS1 games can run on mobile that too using emulators. But there are much better games out there for mobile having much better graphics than ps1. Anyways your wish. You can run it through some emulator. :)

ok thanks.

i just miss the old classics like driver 2, resident evil, space invaders..

Guest vamshistunner

The reason for delayed CyanogenMod nightlies builds is because hackers rooted kernel.org so while they fix the security problem http://android.git.kernel.org/ has been taken off-line since these days and is still down. So the next CyanogenMod nightlies will be released after this issue is solved.

Guest rremedio

For those who still have battery issues:

1. The nightlies have a bug after you use a GPS app: after you use the app, the battery will keep being drained like if you were still using it. Task killers won't help. Rebooting the phone will stop the draining.

2. I highly recommend instaling BetterBatteryStats, so you can track what is eating your battery when you are not using the phone.

3. I've bought a cheap alternative battery (2050mAh) from ebay, it lasts about 60% longer than the original battery from my phone.

Edited by rremedio

Guest rremedio

ok thanks.

i just miss the old classics like driver 2, resident evil, space invaders..

For me, the big problem of running emulators on the Racer is the single touch screen. So you can't press two or more buttons at the same time (required to play most games correctly).

Guest Th1ag0w

For those who still have battery issues:

1. The nightlies have a bug after you use a GPS app: after you use the app, the battery will keep being drained like if you were still using it. Task killers won't help. Rebooting the phone will stop the draining.

2. I highly recommend instaling BetterBatteryStats, so you can track what is eating your battery when you are not using the phone.

3. I've bought a cheap alternative battery (2500mAh) from ebay, it lasts about 60% longer than the original battery from my phone.

Link of the battery plz? Ty

Guest gagan313

For me, the big problem of running emulators on the Racer is the single touch screen. So you can't press two or more buttons at the same time (required to play most games correctly).

Hi. your going to love this,

have you got a nintendo wii controller??

well i have one and basically i can control my phone using wii controller.

and your can press more than 2 buttons at same time!! there is an app called wiimote.

its cool

Guest gagan313

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2639wt_1270

2050mAh, not 2500 as I've typed before. It's a battery for Nokias, but works perfectly on the Racer.

um that is very risky,

you can blow your phone to shredds but putting an overpowered battery on a phone that can only handle 1550mah

tell me if your phone works ok for a week then it sould be ok.

i once put a sony erricson elm battery into a w995 and 2 days later the battery leaked badly and exploded!

.........just a fair warning........:)

Edited by gagan313

Guest Racerboy

um that is very risky,

you can blow your phone to shredds but putting an overpowered battery on a phone that can only handle 1550mah

i once put a sony erricson elm battery into a w995 and 2 days later the battery leaked badly and exploded!

Milliamp Hour (Mah) is not the voltage used its the capacity it holds, it just lasts longer between charges :) and guys can we stick to the topic of this thread or create a new topic please ;)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest rremedio

um that is very risky,

I've just bought it after two other people used it for a while with no troubles on their phones, so I hope not having any problems with mine. The power output to the phone is the same than the original battery, just the capacity is different.

The battery seems to be well done and comes well packed, but this means nothing.

Anyway, I agree it's a risk as it's not recommended by phone manufactors to use batteries different than the originals. If someone buys it, it's at his own risk.

Guest rremedio

Milliamp Hour (Mah) is not the voltage used its the capacity it holds, it just lasts longer between charges :) and guys can we stick to the topic of this thread or create a new topic please ;)

Sorry, my fault, didn't mean to extend it. Just started becouse there was reports of #179 not being so battery effective as the previous ones.

Looking at BetterBatteryStats, is clear to me that battery life on the nightlies will still improve a lot (as the phone remais awake sometimes even with no wakelocks active, and that's a kernel problem).

Edited by rremedio

Guest Racerboy

Sorry, my fault, didn't mean to extend it. Just started becouse there was reports of #179 not being so battery effective as the previous ones.

Looking at BetterBatteryStats, is clear to me that battery life on the nightlies will still improve a lot (as the phone remais awake sometimes even with no wakelocks active, and that's a kernel problem).

true, but nobody is wanting to build new gen1 racer kernal as yet, i`ve just re-flash #176 as that is the best imo for battery/screen calibration, i can live with the notification bar problem on it........#179 battery life is ok, screen calibration is going backwards

Edited by Racerboy

Guest rremedio

true, but nobody is wanting to build new gen1 racer kernal as yet, i`ve just re-flash #176 as that is the best imo for battery/screen calibration, i can live with the notification bar problem on it........#179 battery life is ok, screen calibration is going backwards

If someone could mix deadlink kernel with the chinese kernel which have better calibration I would have my perfect Racer.

Guest vamshistunner

I have compiled the kernel for racer. You may try it. I have noticed more free RAM after installing this. But its upto you. Download Here.

Install it through CWM.

First boot after install will take 1-2 min to get into desktop.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest vukodav

I have compiled the kernel for racer. You may try it. I have noticed more free RAM after installing this. But its upto you. Download Here.

Install it through CWM.

What is needed to wipe beofre flashig your kernel?

Guest Racerboy

post-910581-0-50159300-1315424996_thumb.

Install it through CWM.

thx i will test it shortly :D

any background info on this ie is it based on deadlink kernal #64 (2.3.5) or have you created it from scratch also which ROM you tested it in, just 2.3.5`s?......just curious :)

Edit: works ok although it did stick on green droid screen after installing but took battery out and was fine, performance is good, screen calibration is as good as 4pda ROMS, battery life ??????? we shall see i`ll report back tomorrow

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

post-910581-0-50159300-1315424996_thumb.

thx i will test it shortly :D

any background info on this ie is it based on deadlink kernal #64 (2.3.5) or have you created it from scratch also which ROM you tested it in, just 2.3.5`s?......just curious :)

Edit: works ok although it did stick on green droid screen after installing but took battery out and was fine, performance is good, screen calibration is as good as 4pda ROMS, battery life ??????? we shall see i`ll report back tomorrow

I have compiled it from scratch(based on previous configuration file) and tested it on 2.3.5 only. Performance and battery life are good. Having more free RAM than earlier and i feel bit faster).