[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

I have compiled the kernel for racer. You may try it. I have noticed more free RAM after installing this. But its upto you. Download Here.

Install it through CWM.

First boot after install will take 1-2 min to get into desktop.

I've installed this kernel, working fine so far.

Guest plegdroid

Just flashed #149 v2, I can see a huge performance boost. No more lagging... Also the touch is better IMO, you don't have to press too hard now...

The screen on/off animation and accelerometer lag bugs are still there though.

Everything else is facebomzm.jpg!

don't know if this will work for you or not, but I've been trying previous recoverys of this rom, I've found if you move from say 175 were the on/ off animation works then over the top with no wiping ect rerecover with 176 ,were it didn't work, it now does. I don't know how this is but it does.

Edited by plegdroid

don't know if this will work for you or not, but I've been trying previous recoverys of this rom, I've found if you move from say 176 were the on/ off animation works then over the top with no wiping ect rerecover with 175 ,were it didn't work, it now does. I don't know how this is but it does.

True! This method has worked for me in the past.

But now I don't know what happened, but after installing #179v2 after a reboot, the animations suddenly started working. Even when Windows transitions in spare parts are set to fast.

Now it's awesome.

Guest rremedio

I have compiled it from scratch(based on previous configuration file) and tested it on 2.3.5 only. Performance and battery life are good. Having more free RAM than earlier and i feel bit faster).

Can you post the configuration files? I know the touch input files are on the kernel source, but I'd like to see it there's something in the configuration as well. Maybe we could improve the keyboard calibration.

Guest Rahulj85

I have compiled the kernel for racer. You may try it. I have noticed more free RAM after installing this. But its upto you. Download Here.

Install it through CWM.

Installed. This is definitely more stable than deadlinks kernel. Gonna spend more time on it and get back. Thanks for the upload..:-)

Guest vamshistunner

Can you post the configuration files? I know the touch input files are on the kernel source, but I'd like to see it there's something in the configuration as well. Maybe we could improve the keyboard calibration.

Yeah. The touch input file is on kernel source. I have compiled by changing those values and I have used tigtex based config. I am on mobile so cant post it now. You can find it here /proc/config.gz

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest equiliym

Install it through CWM.

why not try compiling 2.6.35.11? we do have that for blade without working camera and stuff, i dont see why im the only one who is trying to fix that and get a newer kernel

Guest vamshistunner

why not try compiling 2.6.35.11? we do have that for blade without working camera and stuff, i dont see why im the only one who is trying to fix that and get a newer kernel

Yes. I know about blade's 2.6.35.11. I'll surely start working on it and i am with you equiliym :D

Guest equiliym

Yes. I know about blade's 2.6.35.11. I'll surely start working on it and i am with you equiliym :D

thanks.. ive been messing with it for a while now but i cant make it work alone, and no one here appears to be interested in it :(

Guest lfernandes

I think I found a bug, some times the call volume becames too low, I almost can't year the person talking, even with volume in the max. The way to solve it is to restar the phone.

Guest vamshistunner

I think I found a bug, some times the call volume becames too low, I almost can't year the person talking, even with volume in the max. The way to solve it is to restar the phone.

For me there is no issues like that, but a bit different one, My mobile gets rebooted randomly when making/receiving calls on all 2.3.5 ROM's and no one seems to be having this problem as none complained about it. I hope that it will fixed in coming nightlies.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Rahulj85

For me there is no issues like that, but a bit different one, My mobile gets rebooted randomly when making/receiving calls on all 2.3.5 ROM's and no one seems to be having this problem as none complained about it. I hope that it will fixed in coming nightlies.

i found something that may be a bug. while on call, if you use the dial pad, there is no button to correct a typing mistake. also, during the call, if the phone's screen is not in use, the screen gets locked and a message is displayed which says to double tap the screen to unlock. tapping twice doesnt work. one has to press the power button twice to activate the screen.

one more thing..i dont see an option of 3g under wireless and networks. is it with this rom, or it has been with cm7 all the while..sorry, but i just paid attention to this as i recently thought of using the service.

Guest vamshistunner

i found something that may be a bug. while on call, if you use the dial pad, there is no button to correct a typing mistake. also, during the call, if the phone's screen is not in use, the screen gets locked and a message is displayed which says to double tap the screen to unlock. tapping twice doesnt work. one has to press the power button twice to activate the screen.

one more thing..i dont see an option of 3g under wireless and networks. is it with this rom, or it has been with cm7 all the while..sorry, but i just paid attention to this as i recently thought of using the service.

But sadly we cant tell the issues to vitalik as he is not in Modaco. so some russian needs to forward it to vitalik as he can fix the problem with the ROM.

For 3G -> Goto wireless and networks -> Mobile Networks -> Disable "Use only 2G networks" and it should work fine.

Guest rremedio

Yeah. The touch input file is on kernel source. I have compiled by changing those values and I have used tigtex based config. I am on mobile so cant post it now. You can find it here /proc/config.gz

Thanks, found it.

Guest Rahulj85

But sadly we cant tell the issues to vitalik as he is not in Modaco. so some russian needs to forward it to vitalik as he can fix the problem with the ROM.

For 3G -> Goto wireless and networks -> Mobile Networks -> Disable "Use only 2G networks" and it should work fine.

thanks for the response..also, i disabled 2g network before, but it still doesnt show 3g in the notification bar..instead it displays edge..:-(

Guest vamshistunner

thanks for the response..also, i disabled 2g network before, but it still doesnt show 3g in the notification bar..instead it displays edge..:-(

Make sure you have got activated for 3G services. If it doesn't cost roaming charges for you try selecting other network and check.

Guest BobRoss23

same problem here, tried to make a call and the phone rebooted.

Guest Rahulj85

Maybe you have a weak signal 3g.

In the setting of cyanogen add button in the widget notification "only 2G/3G"

In normal mode, only works 2G or 2G+3G

already did..but nothing..there is no notification what so ever. i checked with the operator and they say that the service is activated..the signal strength seems to be good so i dont know where the issue is. is 3g working for anybody here?

already did..but nothing..there is no notification what so ever. i checked with the operator and they say that the service is activated..the signal strength seems to be good so i dont know where the issue is. is 3g working for anybody here?

Mine is the Australian model, but it clearly shows 3G in the status bar, or E if I select 2G

Guest rremedio

Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to Phone Info, scroll down and select WCDMA only.

With the kernel of vamshistunner I do not have a radio. The program starts, but not a wave is not caught. I would like to know whether the other of these problems?

Dear author kernels can you fix this problem?

Everything else works just fine. Thanks a lot for work.

ps: sorry for bad English. All questions to the interpreter by Google

With the kernel of vamshistunner I do not have a radio. The program starts, but not a wave is not caught. I would like to know whether the other of these problems?

My phone is the same with this kernel, FM radio apps runs, but cannot find any FM stations.

Guest vamshistunner

I just got to know about after seeing your post. I have never tested it as i don't use FM. I'll try to solve that problem.

Guest andy787786

Yes, that's one of the issues I have faced. I noticed double tapping does not work still you can press the number keys and all. Strange!

Also, the phone gets switched off itself from time to time. I am sure its not bcoz of battery.