[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest Darren Pickard

FOR THE 2.3.5 4pda roms

FM.apk i deleted the FM from the roms when i uploaded them as they use to consumed battery life, any future roms i`ll leave it included!

ok heres how to install the fm.apk, as its a system file app you cant install from phone with file manager, you have to winrar or similar installed on your comp, double click on your rom file on comp to view contents. Now go into system/app and drag and drop the fm.apk in to there, winrar will save the modified rom then all you have to do is copy the modified rom to sdcard reflash the rom no need to wipe anything all previously installed apps will still be present with this method....but as always make a backup before doing this !!

Thanks Racerboy, this saves me from carrying yet another piece of tech to the footy (Aussie Rules version)

Hello,

I installed the ROM # 167 today and im satisfied. However I have some issues. How can I disable the phone's charging via USB? How can I demand the phone to switch off the 3g network when I'm using a wireless network? How do I open the application list as it did in Android 2.1? How can I kill some apps that are spending memory? I'm trying to with Advanced Task Killer but I'm not getting plain results. In Android 2.1 I'd about 75mb of free memory with no apps running, now I can only reach 30 ~ 35Mb.

Thanks

Guest Racerboy

Hello,

I installed the ROM # 167 today and im satisfied. However I have some issues. How can I disable the phone's charging via USB? How can I demand the phone to switch off the 3g network when I'm using a wireless network? How do I open the application list as it did in Android 2.1? How can I kill some apps that are spending memory? I'm trying to with Advanced Task Killer but I'm not getting plain results. In Android 2.1 I'd about 75mb of free memory with no apps running, now I can only reach 30 ~ 35Mb.

Thanks

hi, not sure how to disable usb charging, disabling 3g when using wireless AP you can create a widget for the power options then you can disable the 3g, saves going through settings each time........as for task killer i would not use it as andriod system works better with less memory as opposed to a pc/windows system that performs better with lots of spare ram space......i think rom #166 is the best for battery and performance, #167 seems to drain the battery faster.

hi, not sure how to disable usb charging, disabling 3g when using wireless AP you can create a widget for the power options then you can disable the 3g, saves going through settings each time........as for task killer i would not use it as andriod system works better with less memory as opposed to a pc/windows system that performs better with lots of spare ram space......i think rom #166 is the best for battery and performance, #167 seems to drain the battery faster.

Thanks for answering.

Well, i feel the phone faster when it is not using so much memory. Strange, haha.

Yea, my mistake, im using #166, I tried the #167 but the download speed were so much slow.

If anyone know how can i stop charging from USB it would be very helpful! (I tether android all the time, so, i dont think its a good idea to get him charged for all that time)

And no news about the camera, too? Last question, if there is an update, idk, like ROM #168..to upgrade my version, i have to erase all my data/content?

Thanks again!

Guest Racerboy

Thanks for answering.

Well, i feel the phone faster when it is not using so much memory. Strange, haha.

Yea, my mistake, im using #166, I tried the #167 but the download speed were so much slow.

If anyone know how can i stop charging from USB it would be very helpful! (I tether android all the time, so, i dont think its a good idea to get him charged for all that time)

And no news about the camera, too? Last question, if there is an update, idk, like ROM #168..to upgrade my version, i have to erase all my data/content?

Thanks again!

30-40meg spare is the norm with custom roms really, you`ll find that task killers do kills tasks but they instantly reappear......camera, you have south american version phone?

the latest update is #167 as and when new roms (2.3.5) from 4pda are available they will be posted here, so as they are made by the same person you should be able to just flash the new roms without wiping data, obviously if they are made by someone else a full clean install is reccommended.

Guest vamshistunner

NEW ROM: 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #175 (English-default and replaced bootanimation) by vitalik1994.

Download Here

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Racerboy

NEW ROM: 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #175 (English-default and replaced bootanimation) by vitalik1994.

Download Here

with swap, thx

bugs fixed backlight and battery issue from #167

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

Download Here

thank you, can this be flashed straight over the top of 167? do I need to format anything first?

30-40meg spare is the norm with custom roms really, you`ll find that task killers do kills tasks but they instantly reappear......camera, you have south american version phone?

the latest update is #167 as and when new roms (2.3.5) from 4pda are available they will be posted here, so as they are made by the same person you should be able to just flash the new roms without wiping data, obviously if they are made by someone else a full clean install is reccommended.

Thanks, about this:

Download Here

may i just update my #166 to it? How can i do that? I dont want to reinstall all my apps and configs again! :(

Yes, i have the South American version, there is no support to camera?

Thanks

Guest vamshistunner

thank you, can this be flashed straight over the top of 167? do I need to format anything first?

Yes, you can straight away flash it without formatting 167.

Guest plegdroid

flashed over the top anyhoo, first impressions 80mb free, never had this much free since 2.1 stock. and I've not yet started freezing stuff yet. :)

Guest vamshistunner

Thanks, about this:

may i just update my #166 to it? How can i do that? I dont want to reinstall all my apps and configs again! :(

Thanks

Just flash it over #166 same as the way you flashed 166.

Guest Racerboy

Thanks

your phone camera hardware is different its not the 3.2mega pixel as its supposed to be and i think there re-calling phone`s in some parts of south america for that reason

Guest vamshistunner

Is there any way to put this rom in portuguese?

After downloading the rom, open with winrar or other alternative and go to system folder, Edit the file build.prop and change the

lines

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=GB

en to pt

GB to PT

and save it. Now flash the rom,

Guest vamshistunner

nice avatar vamshistunner lol, is it possible for portuguese it lang files are not present?

hehe :) I've checked the languages and there are many included, portuguese too :)

Guest Racerboy

how many? as i only have these in tts/lang_pico

de-

en-

en(usa)

es-

fr-

it-

i see on cyanogen that it supports more than above, just thought it would only be the files present on rom that you see on the tt/lang_pico folder :unsure:

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

how many? as i only have these in lang_pico

de-

en-

en(usa)

es-

fr-

it-

you mean lang_pico which is in tts folder? That is only for Text-to-Speech.

once check in Language & Keyboard. all the languages there are supported.

Guest Racerboy

you mean lang_pico which is in tts folder? That is only for Text-to-Speech.

once check in Language & Keyboard. all the languages there are supported.

haha lol my mistake learn something new everyday, make sense, i dont know why i thought that really as russian roms come with ru and chinese with cn and thoses files are not present there........moment of madness :D

Edited by Racerboy