[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest vadimmitropolsky

NEW #176 4PDA CM7 !

Download here

Changelog: Fixed ADW Launcher drain battery very much!

You may test draining of battery and other interesting advanced functions by dialing in dialer *#*#4636#*#*wink.gif

Edited by vadimmitropolsky

First of all , I like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the developer - Vitalik1994 and everybody else involved for making our low-end devices worth the money. This ROM is currently my #1 for the Racer.

I'm on #175 right now, I removed ADW.Launcher and replaced it with LauncherPro instantly, which I believe gets rid of the darning bug above (or should I reflash?).

Anyway, I like to point out a few problems - and fixes for some of the problems everybody's is having.

1. The calibration on #175 is a spot-on - near perfection. You don't need to press hard for touches to get registered. The only problems is the keyboard - sometimes there are few "ghostkeys".

Luckily, there's a fix. Just install GO Keyboard from the market and the problems are solved magically.

2. There is a problem with the icons and graphics in this ROM because it's ported from the ZTE Blade - a MDPI device with higher resolution and pixel density - making the icons and graphics look tiny, squished - over all not good.

There's a fix for this also thanks to CM's theme chooser. Get a LDPI theme here (choose CrispyBread-signed.apk for default theme or CrispyCyanBread-signed.apk for CyanBread - the blue theme). Go to Theme Chooser, chose the theme, Apply ignoring the warning (it's because a few insignificant icons are missing - everything will be fine) and then reboot for the full effect. The icons and the status bar now should look larger and beautiful.

3. If you have the LED Notification stuck problem - the light doesn't go away there's a fix for that also. Get Light Flow from the Android Market (or the free version, but I recommend getting the full, it's just 0.99$). Tweak the notifications as you like - taking note that the Racer's LED only supports three colors - Red, Orange and Green. The problem should go away.

4. If you are getting WiFi disconcerting after lock/wake that's a known hardware limitation present also in the ZTE Blade. But there's a workaround - get Blade Wifi Fix from the Market to automaticly reconnect after lost WiFi connection.

But, there's a big bug in the ROM that was previously present in the ZTE Blade's CM Nightly Builds, but was fixed since N #72 - The accelerometer lag, witch makes any game that required it (like Speedex, Doodle Jump, Need For Speed, Labyrynth...) unplayable. Looking forward for this getting fixed, since it's my only problem now.

Everything else works fine, the radio, the camera (witch impressively records video with VGA [640x480] resolution vs the stock CIF res.). I cannot comment on battery life currently, but the previous nightly batter performance was absolutely amazing - it lasted days without recharge. I believe that hasn't changed in this nightly :P.

Again, keep up the good work!

Edit: Here's a screenshot after a hour of customization. (mClock with MIUI Black Clock, LauncherPro, Suave Icons HD)

snapshntn.png

Edited by Krste

Guest Rahulj85

First of all , I like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the developer - vadimmitropolsky for making our low-end devices worth the money. This ROM is currently my #1 for the Racer.

I'm on #175 right now, I removed ADW.Launcher and replaced it with LauncherPro instantly, which I believe gets rid of the darning bug above (or should I reflash?).

Anyway, I like to point out a few problems - and fixes for some of the problems everybody's is having.

1. The calibration on #175 is a spot-on - near perfection. You don't need to press hard for touches to get registered. The only problems is the keyboard - sometimes there are few "ghostkeys".

Luckily, there's a fix. Just install GO Keyboard from the market and the problems are solved magically.

2. There is a problem with the icons and graphics in this ROM because it's ported from the ZTE Blade - a MDPI device with higher resolution and pixel density - making the icons and graphics look tiny, squished - over all not good.

There's a fix for this also thanks to CM's theme chooser. Get a LDPI theme here (choose CrispyBread-signed.apk for default theme or CrispyCyanBread-signed.apk for CyanBread - the blue theme). Go to Theme Chooser, chose the theme, Apply ignoring the warning (it's because a few insignificant icons are missing - everything will be fine) and then reboot for the full effect. The icons and the status bar now should look larger and beautiful.

3. If you have the LED Notification stuck problem - the light doesn't go away there's a fix for that also. Get Light Flow from the Android Market (or the free version, but I recommend getting the full, it's just 0.99$). Tweak the notifications as you like - taking note that the Racer's LED only supports three colors - Red, Orange and Green. The problem should go away.

4. If you are getting WiFi disconcerting after lock/wake that's a known hardware limitation present also in the ZTE Blade. But there's a workaround - get Blade Wifi Fix from the Market to automaticly reconnect after lost WiFi connection.

But, there's a big bug in the ROM that was previously present in the ZTE Blade's CM Nightly Builds, but was fixed since N #72 - The accelerometer lag, witch makes any game that required it (like Speedex, Doodle Jump, Need For Speed, Labyrynth...) unplayable. Looking forward for this getting fixed, since it's my only problem now.

Everything else works fine, the radio, the camera (witch impressively records video with VGA [640x480] resolution vs the stock CIF res.). I cannot comment on battery life currently, but the previous nightly batter performance was absolutely amazing - it lasted days without recharge. I believe that hasn't changed in this nightly :P.

Again, keep up the good work!

Edit: Here's a screenshot after a hour of customization. (mClock with MIUI Black Clock, LauncherPro, Suave Icons HD)

snapshntn.png

thanks for sharing information...i am experiencing the same issues and will surely give it a try.

Guest plegdroid

just a head,s up seb404 has updated recovery manager to 0.37b, to work on 2.3 devices, so those who want to update recovery to a newer version can by using the new version, the update is on the recovery manager link within the site.

and please remember to thank seb404 for it.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

First of all , I like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the developer - vadimmitropolsky for making our low-end devices worth the money

the BIG THANK YOU should goto Vitalik1994 who ported the ROM for our Racer, infact all the ROMS in this thread are ported by Vitalik1994, vadimmitropolsky like myself just post them here for easy access for everybody to use........

credit where credits due.......PLEASE REMEMBER TO CREDIT THE AUTHOR/S WHEN POSTING ROMS THX......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

dosnt seem any different, iam still getting particles.

its a custom bootanimation, thats my point :D , the original is cyanogen7 animation (andriod with blue circle around)

Guest plegdroid

its a custom bootanimation, thats my point :D , the original is cyanogen7 animation (andriod with blue circle around)

me understanding, lol( little sleep) would there be a chance of a uk friendly version beings posted by your good self please?

that 176 please.:)

I've taken particles for granted for so long, I forget it's not the norm, lol.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

me understanding, lol( little sleep) would there be a chance of a uk friendly version beings posted by your good self please?

that 176 please.:)

OF course give me 15 mins :P

Guest Racerboy

ok HERE is the 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #176 ROM by Vitalik1994

English default language, changed bootaninmation (green andriod with particles)

Only things i`ve removed ROM MANAGER and Blade Parts

Guest plegdroid

ok HERE is the 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #176 ROM by Vitalik1994

English default language, changed bootaninmation (green andriod with particles)

Only things i`ve removed ROM MANAGER and Blade Parts

thank you, iam now on a download and install mission before the little one wakes up:)

Guest Phrank

I'm having big probs, all of a sudden. Yesterday I installed 175 after doing a full factory reset and wipe. Everything was fine, but I had no Market, so I installed the Google Apps zip mentioned earlier in this thread. This installed OK, but 9 times out of 10 the Market would force close. When it did open, nothing would actually download. Wiped again, and this time installed Google Apps from a different download, gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip. This worked perfectly, Market worked, apps downloaded OK. This morning I downloaded the 176 release and installed it over 175 without a wipe. Phone just stuck at the boot animation, no luck. Next I did a wipe/reset. This time it booted, right up to the 'Touch the Android to begin' at which point it just constantly rebooted. I wiped again, and restored my backup in Clockwork recovery, which is an old 2.2 ROM by Rickywyatt. Everything working fine. Wiped again, and reinstalled the same 175 I downloaded yesterday, booted up fine. Installed Google apps again, and the phone is stuck rebooting every time it gets to the 'Touch the Android...' screen.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone help? I thought using Clockwork Recovery to perform a full factory reset and cache wipe would leave me with a clean slate to install any new ROM, but it seems something is left behind from that 176 I installed and now the only thing I can run is from my original backup. My head is battered trying to solve this... :)

the BIG THANK YOU should goto Vitalik1994 who ported the ROM for our Racer, infact all the ROMS in this thread are ported by Vitalik1994, vadimmitropolsky like myself just post them here for easy access for everybody to use........

credit where credits due.......PLEASE REMEMBER TO CREDIT THE AUTHOR/S WHEN POSTING ROMS THX......

My mistake. Changed :). The thanks also goes to all the developers and 4pda team for making this possible.

Of course credit is due where credit is due.

Guest plegdroid

I'm having big probs, all of a sudden. Yesterday I installed 175 after doing a full factory reset and wipe. Everything was fine, but I had no Market, so I installed the Google Apps zip mentioned earlier in this thread. This installed OK, but 9 times out of 10 the Market would force close. When it did open, nothing would actually download. Wiped again, and this time installed Google Apps from a different download, gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip. This worked perfectly, Market worked, apps downloaded OK. This morning I downloaded the 176 release and installed it over 175 without a wipe. Phone just stuck at the boot animation, no luck. Next I did a wipe/reset. This time it booted, right up to the 'Touch the Android to begin' at which point it just constantly rebooted. I wiped again, and restored my backup in Clockwork recovery, which is an old 2.2 ROM by Rickywyatt. Everything working fine. Wiped again, and reinstalled the same 175 I downloaded yesterday, booted up fine. Installed Google apps again, and the phone is stuck rebooting every time it gets to the 'Touch the Android...' screen.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone help? I thought using Clockwork Recovery to perform a full factory reset and cache wipe would leave me with a clean slate to install any new ROM, but it seems something is left behind from that 176 I installed and now the only thing I can run is from my original backup. My head is battered trying to solve this... :)

retry a complete wipe as in post #1 to the letter, reinstall 176,let it go to desktop, close back into cwm and install gapps again, let us know the outcome:)

Guest Racerboy

retry a complete wipe as in post #1 to the letter, reinstall 176,let it go to desktop, close back into cwm and install gapps again, let us know the outcome:)

Also check the version of CWM you have.....latest version is HERE copy to root of sdcard and install through CWM, the install .zip / choose zip recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update_signed.zip. Once CWM is updated reboot in to CWM and re-flash rom with instructions from post#1

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Phrank

Done as instructed, 176 installed and working perfectly now. Rebooted into CWR and installed Google Apps. Every time I do this, the same happens - Market Apps Installer asks which options I want, then force closes straight away. Stuff like GMail and Google+ are there, but no matter what I do, I can't get Market to appear. I've tried using a freshly-created Google account as well, and the same still happens, Market Apps Installer *always* does a FC. Grr. :)

Guest Racerboy

Done as instructed, 176 installed and working perfectly now. Rebooted into CWR and installed Google Apps. Every time I do this, the same happens - Market Apps Installer asks which options I want, then force closes straight away. Stuff like GMail and Google+ are there, but no matter what I do, I can't get Market to appear. I've tried using a freshly-created Google account as well, and the same still happens, Market Apps Installer *always* does a FC. Grr. :)

what other versions of gapps have you tried apart from this gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip?

you can try this version of gapps HERE gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip

but i would re-install rom (full wipe) again to get rid of any conflicts with other market gapps

Edited by Racerboy