[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest Phrank

what other versions of gapps have you tried apart from this gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip?

you can try this version of gapps HERE gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip

but i would re-install rom (full wipe) again to get rid of any conflicts with other market gapps

Now I'm a little panicked. My CW was an older 3.x one, I just replaced it with the link you gave. Now when I'm in CW the volume keys take me up and down, but neither home nor the green key work, so I can't select anything - if I screw up now, I can't restore a backup or anything...

Guest Racerboy

Now I'm a little panicked. My CW was an older 3.x one, I just replaced it with the link you gave. Now when I'm in CW the volume keys take me up and down, but neither home nor the green key work, so I can't select anything - if I screw up now, I can't restore a backup or anything...

take battery out for 5 secs put back in and try again

its the make call button that selects things

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Phrank

ok does the phone still boot on to desktop

It does, and the key works fine when the phone is booted, just not in CW any more. Recovery Manager just seems to freeze up and force close as well...

Guest Phrank

It does, and the key works fine when the phone is booted, just not in CW any more. Recovery Manager just seems to freeze up and force close as well...

Right, this is weird. Now the power button on top of the phone is mapped to select, so CW *is* working, just not as expected. I'm going to wipe and reflash from step 1, I'll try again. Thanks for your help, guys - I really appreciate it.

Guest Racerboy

ok uninstall recovery manager and install this newer version of recovery manager which works with 2.3 roms now (thanks Sebastian404 for making it and plegdroid for posting it) HERE install through file manager, download this .img file http://android.podtw...oncake-gen1.img copy to root of sdcard, open recovery manager allow superuser rights and press menu button and update database then goto "recovery" tab, choose install recovery, should give you 1 file called "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1.img" install it, now try again rebooting into recovery

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Right, this is weird. Now the power button on top of the phone is mapped to select, so CW *is* working, just not as expected. I'm going to wipe and reflash from step 1, I'll try again. Thanks for your help, guys - I really appreciate it.

lol weird as power button is the back option usually :blink:

Guest rremedio

what other versions of gapps have you tried apart from this gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip?

you can try this version of gapps HERE gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip

but i would re-install rom (full wipe) again to get rid of any conflicts with other market gapps

I have the same problem than Phrank with all the roms on this topic. Tried full wipe put it won't solve it. If I install the market apk, it will work, but will FC when starting a download. Can't undertand what's wrong (if market works with other phones, something is wrong with mine).

Guest Racerboy

I have the same problem than Phrank with all the roms on this topic. Tried full wipe put it won't solve it. If I install the market apk, it will work, but will FC when starting a download. Can't undertand what's wrong (if market works with other phones, something is wrong with mine).

what CWM version you got ?

Guest Phrank

Problem solved! Here's an exact list of the steps I followed, see if it works for you:

Boot into ClockWork Recovery. MAKE A BACKUP! :)

Follow ALL of the steps in post 1 of this thread: Factory reset user data, Wipe cache. Go to 'Mounts & Storage' submenu and carry out format /boot, format /system, format /data, format /cache and format /sd-ext. Go back to main menu, select 'Advanced' and choose Delete Dalvik cache - if you miss this one, it'll fail.

Go back to the main menu, choose 'Install zip from SD' and install the latest ROM.

When it's installed, choose 'Reboot system now' and let your phone boot right thru to the desktop.

Boot back into CW recovery mode, and choose 'Install zip from SD' again. This time, use the Google Apps download that Racerboy mentioned a few posts back, the one called gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip. This is the ONLY one that worked for me. When that's done, reboot and let your phone load back to the desktop again.

Google Apps installer should work fine now, add your Google account as usual and let it sync up. You should have a working Market now :)

Thank you to Racerboy and plegdroid for taking teh tiume to sort my problems out! :)

Guest Phrank

Glad its working now, does CWM work as it should now too?

It works, but I still have the weird keymapping problem. It's no hassle now I know it's the power key I need to use, though :)

Guest Racerboy

It works, but I still have the weird keymapping problem. It's no hassle now I know it's the power key I need to use, though :)

maybe try and goto a slighly lower version HERE 4.0.1.4 instead, install through CWM

Guest vukodav

Great rom, thanks 4pda. Keep it up

Now the problem. My wifi connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes even when screen is on. Is there some workaround that, to keep it alive longer. Or can wifi drivers from other racer roms, like TigTex, be installed?

Guest plegdroid

Now the problem. My wifi connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes even when screen is on. Is there some workaround that, to keep it alive longer. Or can wifi drivers from other racer roms, like TigTex, be installed?

don't think that will work cross platform tigtex 2.3.4 ,4pda 2.3.5.

Guest Racerboy

I know this is offtopic, but is there a way to make racer usb host?

you mean like connecting any usb devices like keyboard,webcam,external drives? good question but i dont know

would take some research "Google Is Your Friend"

but i have found on youtube a guy who did it on a Blade

so i guess it proves it can be done on a ZTE device anyway.....

Guest vukodav

you mean like connecting any usb devices like keyboard,webcam,external drives? good question but i dont know

would take some research "Google Is Your Friend"

but i have found on youtube a guy who did it on a Blade

so i guess it proves it can be done on a ZTE device anyway.....

Yes, I mean that.

I googled it, too. Found that it is possible for Blade HERE is the link , than I googled that Blade and Racer have same chipset, Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset. It would be nice to have that ability on our pohnes :).

Maybe this guys work can be ported to 4pda kernel

I have the same problem with all 2.3.5 roms, the wifi drops out and re-establishes every 3 miinutes. This problem does not occur on any 2.3.4 rom.

Otherwise this is a great rom, and a pleasure to use.

Guest vamshistunner

I have noticed a weird problem, my mobile gets rebooted randomly while i make or receive call(in all 2.3.5 roms). Is this issue only for me or any others having same issue?