[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

I have noticed a weird problem, my mobile gets rebooted randomly while i make or receive call(in all 2.3.5 roms). Is this issue only for me or any others having same issue?

never had that issue when receiving/making a call in any ROM, the only time it ever did was when i tried adding a google account manually in ROMS that didnt already have market on them (russian/chinese ROMS), it would freeze then reboot......i still get the dam LED light staying on when alarm goes off in the morning on the #175 and all previous ROMS and i dare say still does the same on #176 (minor issue) which i have not tested yet............

Edited by Racerboy

I have noticed a weird problem, my mobile gets rebooted randomly while i make or receive call(in all 2.3.5 roms). Is this issue only for me or any others having same issue?

I noticed that on saturday, just one time. The phone just shut off.

The developer of these ROMs reads this topic? If yes, i want to ask you if you can include the option to the device dont charge while in USB. Please! I'm using my phone as a modem, so i plug him whenever i'm home, i believe that will badword up the battery. The option to deactivate the charge while in USB is a default on Android 2.1.

Thanks

Guest Phrank

I'm using my phone as a modem, so i plug him whenever i'm home, i believe that will badword up the battery. The option to deactivate the charge while in USB is a default on Android 2.1.

Have you ever used a Racer as a USB modem without it charging? The battery runs out very quickly...

Have you ever used a Racer as a USB modem without it charging? The battery runs out very quickly...

Yup, but at least im not charging while the battery still on 50%, i mean, it scews up the battery when i do this, right?

If i could deactivate it, i will wait til the battery is like at 10%, then start charging and get to 100%...

Guest wooly_sammoth

Yup, but at least im not charging while the battery still on 50%, i mean, it scews up the battery when i do this, right?

If i could deactivate it, i will wait til the battery is like at 10%, then start charging and get to 100%...

the lithium ion battery in your Racer won't get messed up from being on charge while tethered. To prolong the life of a lithium ion battery the most you should shallow charge which means just giving a top up charge every now and again.

These batteries are affected badly by being run to empty and then charged to full (deep charge) but even then it's not going to affect the battery so badly that it will have a noticeably shorter charge cycle.

It used to be the case that the batteries most commonly used in electronics would have a 'memory' so that if you charged it before it was fully empty, the battery would report that it was empty a long time before it actually was. This doesn't happen with the new lithium ion batteries.

Guest andy787786

Someone help me resolve this issue.

I have 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #176 ROM

But racer wifi looses IP address as soon screen is off. I can't find wifi sleep policy in options..

Anyone else facing this problem?

Guest Racerboy

But racer wifi looses IP address as soon screen is off. I can't find wifi sleep policy in options..

seems some people get this problem and others dont with some of the 2.3.5 roms, only thing i can think of as a work around is to change the screen timeout on setting/display settings "screen timeout" and change to 30mins whilst your using wifi connection....

Guest vamshistunner

NEW ROM: 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 #179 (English-default) by vitalik1994.

Download Here

Changes: Corrected an accelerometer.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest vamshistunner

Even i have the same problem. But you can find wifi sleep policy option at

Go to Wifi settings then Click on Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy.

By Default Wi-Fi sleep policy is "When screen turns off" change that to never.

Guest Racerboy

Even i have the same problem. But you can find wifi sleep policy option at

Go to Wifi settings then Click on Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy.

By Default Wi-Fi sleep policy is "When screen turns off" change that to never.

haha nice, i have never used the wifi on phone, and thx for #179 will test later

Guest vamshistunner

haha nice, i have never used the wifi on phone, and thx for #179 will test later

I had used wifi on 2.3.4 Roms, but none of the 2.3.5 is correct at wifi policy, so i left using wifi :D

Quick question, is using swap recommended for this rom since the Racer has very little memory, or is it enough?

And BIG thanks for fixing the accelerometer, it was my biggest issue.

Edited by Krste

Guest vamshistunner

Quick question, is using swap recommended for this rom since the Racer has very little memory, or is it enough?

And BIG thanks for fixing the accelerometer, it was my biggest issue.

It depends on your usage. But in general swap makes ram free and also reduces the performance. It will slower when switching between apps.

Guest plegdroid

It depends on your usage. But in general swap makes ram free and also reduces the performance. It will slower when switching between apps.

iam getting good results with swap, no more lag on icons loading between screen's anymore and just finding everything much more instant to load up, for the amount of tweak I've got running definitely finding beneficial than without it:)

and thank you for 179..

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

all depends on what you use your phone for, if you have millions of apps installed and use them all the time then i suppose swap would be beneficial to you, but if you only have a few apps or a streamlined phone then their is no point really as swap will munch your battery alot more than "no swap" if your suffering from lag on things like playing videos or view pics on gallery then something like sd-booster (free app on market that changes the cache of sdcard) may suit you better than swap.

Guest plegdroid

all depends on what you use your phone for, if you have millions of apps installed and use them all the time then i suppose swap would be beneficial to you, but if you only have a few apps or a streamlined phone then their is no point really as swap will munch your battery alot more than "no swap" if your suffering from lag on things like playing videos or view pics on gallery then something like sd-booster (free app on market that changes the cache of sdcard) may suit you better than swap.

guilty,: lol:

Guest plegdroid

lol your the Fat Bloated Racerboy counterpart of mine? get that phone on the treadmill :lol:

lol, George n Lenny,! gonna love it n squeeze it n make that phone my own lol.

Is it just me, or does the screen off animation doesn work again?

I tried full wipe, clearing dalvik cache... nothing :(

I got addicted to it now i miss it very much.

Guest Racerboy

Is it just me, or does the screen off animation doesn work again?

I tried full wipe, clearing dalvik cache... nothing :(

I got addicted to it now i miss it very much.

not working for me or plegdroid either and we did a NO WIPE update (installed over #176) and you did full clean install so i guess that proves it dont work, i dont use it, just default settings