[ROMS] 4pda 2.3.5 cm7 Nightlies

Guest Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

@wooly_sammoth

hows the battery life?

phew, finally get a chance to reply.

The battery seems really good. I had full charge first thing this morning. I browsed the web on the phone and then used wifi tethering for a while. This was followed by just over an hour of navigation which left me with 45% battery. I then used usb tethering and listened to music on youtube in between calls while working and then used the navigation to get back home. I got home just as it was saying 15% left. OK so it was charging when connected with USB but I think that's a pretty full on day and it coped really well.

The ROM seems really quick and smooth. I don't have any of the pauses I was getting with #179v2. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with #202

Only problems I've noticed is the Clock app the time is cut off, and the clock at the lockscreen is bigger than it should be.

Reverted to my 179v2 temporary, but I think I will switch to your ROM again because the animations were super smooth.

Great work, tnx Racerboy wink.gif

Guest lfernandes

I agree, The room is exelent , calibration good, screen response I think is very good and the phone runs smooth. I've disabled swap for a wille to see how it runs.

Guest Racerboy

hi guys, i`m glad you like it, ive fixed the clock issue, the dialer screen.........BUT......i wont be uploading #202 today, i`m having some problems with a couple of framework files (i dont do .jar files) sooo you gonna have to wait abit longer sry, i`d rather take my time and get it right, if anybody can edit/compile .jar/.apk files plz pm me thx.....

Guest lfernandes

In my phone there is a little problem with the internet browser, in that check boxes were we put the "v", I hope you understand wath boxes I'm talking, I can't see the "v" so I don't know if it is there or not, probably i will start to use another browser but that's a minor bug. Keep the good work, all of us are waiting. :D

Can someone explain me the difference between swap roms and non swap? Is there any way to disable swap? Thanks.

Edit: Look other page and find exactly the answer to my question.

Edited by dcav

Guest shiner69

ok i should be able to fix, also i noticed when taking a call the caller ident is faded in the background hopefully will fix too, i have build #202 that i will be working on later today, i may use vammishstunners kernal for this, only draw back is FM radio not working with it (small price to pay)

If you do this can I put another kernal over the top afterwards as I like using the radio. Great work.

@wooly_sammoth

hows the battery life?

Great ROM Racerboy. As for the battery, I have huge drain. After full recharge battery is spent after few hours. And after restarting phone battery status is below 10%

Guest Racerboy

If you do this can I put another kernal over the top afterwards as I like using the radio. Great work.

hi, i`m gonna stick with the deadlink kernal for now until vamshistunner fixes the radio problem with his kernal, saves the hassle for people who like to use the radio :)

@insich i`m not quite sure on that as i dont use the radio on the ROMS :)

@vukodav did you do a full wipe as per instructions on post no.1 or just install over from another ROM, i`m getting quite good battery life and others have reported good life too.....:)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

cm7 2.3.5 RACER full no swap #201v2 HERE

fixed dialer issue

fixed alarm clock/desk clock

fixed grey line on notification bar

installation: do a full wipe as per 1st post instructions.....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

cm7 2.3.5 RACER full no swap #201v2 HERE

fixed dialer issue

fixed alarm clock/desk clock

fixed grey line on notification bar

installation: do a full wipe as per 1st post instructions.....

does this version fix the strange grey line that displays when an object is pressed for long duration? (eg - to delete a message, if one presses the message for long then you get option to delete. at this moment i strange and a very irritating grey line blocks the text)

Guest Racerboy

Thanks Racerboy, Installing now.

If these ROM's carry on we may need to invest in a new thread!!

:)

haha lol for the time being its just a way to get new ROMS at the moment as nobody else is making them, but you never know, i`m still learning all this stuff so we`ll see....

@Rahulj85 i know what you mean, its to do with certain framework files and if i change them we lose wifi tether but get better graphics :blink:

EDIT: #203 is out now and i will see what i can do

Edited by Racerboy

haha lol for the time being its just a way to get new ROMS at the moment as nobody else is making them,

Hello! xD

I'm working on a rom with kernel 2.6.35 but I also have to study for exams ^^' maybe soon you will see some ROM competition :P

If you need help, just tell me ;)

ps: no need for a nightly 203 build in my opinion. the change log is not for us...

Guest Racerboy

Hello! xD

I'm working on a rom with kernel 2.6.35 but I also have to study for exams ^^' maybe soon you will see some ROM competition :P

ps: no need for a nightly 203 build in my opinion. the change log is not for us...

haha lol no competition you`d win hands down :) i could do with some help though with a couple of things, i`ll pm you if thats ok

Guest wooly_sammoth

This is all excellent news.

From a purely selfish point of view having the developer of the ROM on this forum means that feedback is more likely to be acted upon rather than hoping someone translates it into Russian for me (or using google translate :( ). A bit of friendly competition is a good thing too as it'll drive the development. :D

Racerboy, if these ROM's are what you produce when you're still learning, I think very good things are on the horizon.

Tigtex, glad to hear you're still developing and good luck with the exams.

Guest plegdroid

Hello! xD

hiya, so glad your ok, good luck with your exams, if there anything like your roms, you'll have no problems with them, all the best :)

Guest Racerboy

#203 is available now on 1st post of this thread, recommend to do a full wipe, hope you like it, i wont be posting anymore new roms, my work is done to fill the void of the past few weeks :)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Much appreciated Racerboy. Thanks for your efforts.

no probs was just helping out the community

vitalik1994 has just posted #203 rom soooo back to normal now, i`ll ammend the 1st post shortly reflecting this change......

Sometimes gps get bugged and I need to restart the phone. I use it on IGO my way (legally buyed) then turn it off and then after 2-3 hours I turn it on again and it won't work.