Are you delaying buying a OMC because it cant be unlocked?

Guest cmberry20

Guest unrandomsam

I now live in the Netherlands and I have a vodafone sim. So I must wait for unlocking before I buy :-(

I wish we did have Orange here!

All the deals offered here are terrible when compared to Orange and they're only getting worse.

The only reason Orange do the deals is to compensate for the network being so crap.

(Otherwise no one would be on Orange).

Get a decent no cut unlock sim.

Guest snowbord

It's not a miniscule difference. There is quite a difference between the Blade and the Skate. The Skate feels more powerful than the Blade and not by a miniscule amount either. Remember that the Skate has a bigger screen than the Blade but the same GPU and so has the use more of the CPU in rendering the screen.

sorry but the resolution is the same so this is untrue.

I have an old LG GT540 on T Mobile, but took the plunge last week and picked up the OMC (£118 inc student discount and the £25 pre paid debit card freebie), will just rape the credit on it, in time for the unlocked roms.

Edited by DB006

• 1 month later...
Guest cmberry20

Just bumping this thread up.

Now that Flash is working (for most people) on the Skate & the price has dropped to £119 (which, imo is amazing value for money)

I really want it!!!!

But it needs to be unlocked.

I think the Monte Carlo will fly off the shelves now if an Unlock code generator was released.

Currently, the Turbo-Sim is a no go because its too temperamental.

Edited by cmberry20

Guest glossywhite

I think you should add an: "I've already bought one, and I am happy to wait until a solution to unlock it is found", option. I have one, and I am not losing sleep over the fact it is not able to accept my giffgaff SIM. That's life, and I can wait happily.

:)

I cannot cast my vote, as none of your options apply to me.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest cmberry20

I think you should add an: "I've already bought one, and I am happy to wait until a solution to unlock it is found", option. I have one, and I am not losing sleep over the fact it is not able to accept my giffgaff SIM. That's life, and I can wait happily.

:)

I cannot cast my vote, as none of your options apply to me.

^ Doesnt: "I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and now waiting for the unlock" cover that???

:huh:

Guest cmberry20

"I'm not on Orange but I got the phone regardless and woz waiting for the unlock" but now i have an unlock.....

Where from?

Orange (3 month deal)

Turbo-Sim

Other?

Theres no way you got it from an Unlock Code Gen as I think it would have been plastered all over the forums by now!!

Guest TouchyAndalou

Where from?

Orange (3 month deal)

Turbo-Sim

Other?

Theres no way you got it from an Unlock Code Gen as I think it would have been plastered all over the forums by now!!

He has a turbo sim, I think.

Where from?

unless i made it my self lol,

the turbo sim works fine for me on t mobile... mobile data did go off but that's because i have to flash my rom 20 times a day to check fixes & things i add....

to get mobile data back i just put the sim in my old phone then back in the OMC...

although i am sure a real unlock is very close..

Guest Jeff 66

I bought the phone not long after it came out, assuming an unlock would become available fairly quickly so I could stay with T-Mobile.

But having used Orange for the last few months I'm happy to stay with them. A £10 top up will last me two months, none of the other networks would be any cheaper, not even Giffgaff.

That's because I make hardly any calls (40p spent on calls in the last month), but I make full use of the free texts and internet allowance that comes with a £10 top up on Dolphin.

The 100MB internet allowance will (just) last me a month. I work from home so I'm connected to my home wireless network most of the time.

That wasn't possible with my San Francisco because the Wifi on that wouldn't work with any of the three routers I have, so the 100MB allowance was nowhere near enough.

So I'm happy with Orange, but it's always good to have other options so if a free/cheap unlock becomes available I'll make use of it.

I've tried two unlocking sims so far, both have worked briefly, with no data, before dying completely.

Guest cmberry20

^ Agreed.

Unless a 100% working Turbo/X Sim is made theres no way I'm buying one to use on a Monte Carlo.

Putting the SIM into your old phone everytime it looses a signal is not a good 'working' solution!!!

Guest tilal6991

This is a futile effort, turbo sims etc... noone will admit it, but it is.

Just think of the XSIM as a temporary measure until the 3 months for Orange to give you the code finishes. Then just get the code off Orange - you don't even need to top up to do so.

Guest glossywhite

Just think of the XSIM as a temporary measure until the 3 months for Orange to give you the code finishes. Then just get the code off Orange - you don't even need to top up to do so.

A temp measure that we have proved does not work.

Guest tilal6991

Exactly, so it doesn't work.

You know the code I sent you? I think that could be our best hope. If the original code the modded in such a way that it refer to the lock code variable in nvitems rather than autoanswer then it might work.