Mod Version Of ClockWorkMod Recovery for Racer

Guest Racerboy

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select) - Work? no
  • Icon with Up arrow - Work? yes
  • Icon with Down arrow - Work? yes
  • Icon with Left Arrow - Work? no
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it - Work? no unless it tells you its changed, doesnt feel anymore or less sensetive when i`ve pressed it
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it - Work? no unless it tells you its changed, doesnt feel anymore or less sensetive when i`ve pressed it
  • Icon with Fingerprint - Work? no indication to say it works or doesnt

i`ll test virtual keys with evtest (home,menu,back) brb :)

EDIT: now the power button when pressed and held doesnt restart anymore it selects things ( i`ve not rebooted out of recovery since installing) also now that i can select things the END CALL hard key does the back function lol

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Oh dear - I epic fail...

Got the codes mixed up somewhat...

I admit its confusing me now and getting muddled with which key goes to which /dev/input/event1 or 3 ... :)

The confusing thing is this:

switch (key_code) {

case KEY_CAPSLOCK:

case KEY_DOWN:

case KEY_VOLUMEDOWN:

return HIGHLIGHT_DOWN;

case KEY_LEFTSHIFT:

case KEY_UP:

case KEY_VOLUMEUP:

return HIGHLIGHT_UP;

case KEY_CENTER:

case KEY_CAMERA:

case KEY_POWER:

return SELECT_ITEM;

case KEY_END:

case KEY_BACKSPACE:

case KEY_BACK:

return GO_BACK;

}

This is from the official recovery user interface source for the racer...

according to this from the source in the above, as you can easily derive from it:

Up/Down keys are obvious.

This is the bit where I am confused - the power key in the original cwm does indeed select.

BUT, the code for the power key is somewhat looking wrong as reported from evtest....!

Likewise the same for the going back up a level in the menu, which as indicated above is the end key which is questionable, ie. defined as end call key?.... not make call hard-key?

The codes are obviously mixed up somewhat....

but nonetheless I have attached a newer version that matches the above KEY_END and KEY_POWER and let me know by pasting in the contents from post #123 here.

new_recovery.zip

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? YES it works but selects the wrong action, ie i move selection bar to advanced and press + virtual key and it selects backup and restore
  • Icon with Up arrow - (to move up the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Down arrow - (to move down the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? yes
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seems to change nothing
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to change nothing
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? same as above

:D

Guest Racerboy

i select advanced it selects mounts and storage

i select mounts and storage it selects backup and restore

i select backup and restore it selects wipe

i select wipe it selects install zip from sdcard

i select install from sdcard it selects reboot system now

i think you get the picture from this :)

thx again for taking the time do this, you`ll be glad when its done hehe, i`m off to bed now but i`ll check in morning to see if theres any changes for me to test :lol:

Edited by Racerboy

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? YES it works but selects the wrong action, ie i move selection bar to advanced and press + virtual key and it selects backup and restore
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seems to change nothing
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to change nothing
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? same as above

For the icons to adjust sensitivity - you'd have to tap it a few times, currently its set to a level of 22, so if you tap repeatedly on the icon with fingerprint with a minus sign through it, say 5 times, it goes to 17, then tapping on the up/down keys should result in the menu bar flying off very fast.... and vice versa for the icon with fingerprint with a plus sign through it, then tapping on the up/down keys should see the menu bar somewhat slowing down if you get me...

(You can see it for yourself by doing this)

adb shell

tail -f /tmp/recovery.log

The lines will appear like this:
minui: ev_get(...) - Decreased sensitivity to 20 minui: ev_get(...) - Decreased sensitivity to 19 minui: ev_get(...) - Resetted sensitivity to 22 minui: ev_get(...) - Increased sensitivity to 23 minui: ev_get(...) - Increased sensitivity to 24
etc... then to end it, hit ctrl+C and type in
exit

to exit the adb shell...

i select advanced it selects mounts and storage

i select mounts and storage it selects backup and restore

i select backup and restore it selects wipe

i select wipe it selects install zip from sdcard

i select install from sdcard it selects reboot system now

i think you get the picture from this :)

thx again for taking the time do this, you`ll be glad when its done hehe, i`m off to bed now but i`ll check in morning to see if theres any changes for me to test :lol:

Now that's a weird one... it jumps when tapping on the icon with the plus... think I can fix that one up.... will wait in the morning...

This is a wrap up for tonight as am tired, but getting there :)

Thanks once again for your support/assistance in this as its much appreciated :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? no

<li>Icon with Up arrow - (to move up the menu bar) Work? yes

<li>Icon with Down arrow - (to move down the menu bar) Work? yes

<li>Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? seems to if i could select things with + virtual key

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

<li>Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

if i hold the arrow key up or down the message "back menu button enabled" and "back menu button disabled" appear

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Anybody who reads plz dont use it yet as its not a finished product therefore where NOT responible for you messing up your RECOVERY.....when its finished their will be a post about it on this thread thx

Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? no

<li>Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? seems to if i could select things with + virtual key

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

<li>Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? no doesnt change scrolling speed

if i hold the arrow key up or down the message "back menu button enabled" and "back menu button disabled" appear

Hey... :)

Okie.. interesting that the icon with plus not work.... :huh:

I will try variations of the keys to inject that's in according to the stock cwm - KEY_CENTER, KEY_CAMERA, KEY_POWER...

Only the darn universe knows which key goes into where, so am playing blind on this one.... so please bear with me :)

This one injects KEY_CENTER into event1...

recovery_key_camera.zip

Guest Racerboy

event1 recovery camera

Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? no, but the power button is selecting things/going down a sub level but its not selecting the hightlighted selection

<li>Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? yes

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

recovery_key_power_event3

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? yes it works but selects wrong option
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt make a diiference
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt make a diiference
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? doesnt make a diiference

EDIT: Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? yes it works but selects wrong option and selects the submenus way to fast ie i press once and it goes down 2 or 3 levels depending on menu structure

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

recovery_key_power_event1

Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? nope, no response

<li>Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? seems to if i could select something (screen flickers when i press it)

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to do anything

<li>Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to do anything

<li>Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? doesnt seem to do anything

Guest Racerboy

recovery_key_center_event1, cold boot no response from hard key or virtual keys, rebooting into recovery from desktop no go, it stays on the green android screen and doesnt load past that

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work?
  • Icon with Up arrow - (to move up the menu bar) Work?
  • Icon with Down arrow - (to move down the menu bar) Work?
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work?
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work?
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work?
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work?

Okie... it looks like the KEY_POWER on event3 injected seems to be the right direction...

but why is it jumping around? :huh:

.... will dig up some more :blink:

Getting there :)

Cheers, B)

Guest Racerboy

recovery_powerkey_event3_sync

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? no
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? seems to if i could select things
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? doesnt seem to work

the up and down arrows are now way to sensetive, changing the values does not adjust it with fingerprint + and - :(

recovery_powerkey_event3_sync

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? no
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? seems to if i could select things
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? doesnt seem to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? doesnt seem to work

the up and down arrows are now way to sensetive, changing the values does not adjust it with fingerprint + and - :(

My bad - small error in the compile that rendered the power key useless... brb ;)

Edit: Fixed zip/recovery image....

Edit2: Just realized menu bar flies off..... fixing it....

recovery_powerkey_event3_sync.zip

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

recovery_powerkey_event3_sync_touch_sens_fixed

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? yes but is now jumping 2 steps :blink: (unlike 1 before) i want to select advanced it selects backup and restore even though advanced is highlighted so on and so on
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? yes but you get message "back menu button enabled"
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? yes but you get message "back menu button disabled"
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? seems to work yes

PS the power button is also the Select to go down a sub-level when i press and hold it

Edited by Racerboy