Mod Version Of ClockWorkMod Recovery for Racer

Guest Racerboy

Okie RacerBoy - thanks for that....

The one big noticeable difference in your cwm for the racer is the fact there's a lot of menu options missing....so....

Would like to put in the original complete menu that is there as normal in cwm.

BRB :)

Edit:

The icon touch sensitivity will get in the way but do not worry about that for now....

Let's try to get the select to hit on the exact menu option... it seems the recovery menu is tad bit screwed up - or the absence of certain options is the big noticeable difference....

Edited by t0mm13b

yes i had noticed that some menu options/sub levels where missing in your mod, i should of mensioned that :unsure: sry

No worry about that :)

- that was actually from github source for the device by 4pda deadlink, so do not understand why its missing!

This version has the full stock menu options that is found in the "normal recovery"... .try that...

recovery_fullmenu.zip

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

recovery_log_debug.txt

t0mm13b it works........so the fact the menu code didnt include the extra menu options for the racer version was the problem lol

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? yes with no jumping
  • Icon with Up arrow - (to move up the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Down arrow - (to move down the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? yes
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? seems to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? seems to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? seems to work

1 slight graphical problem is the menu list is longer now on the main screen the virtual finger print are on top of the last 2 options (advanced and power off)

recovery_log_debug.txt

t0mm13b it works........so the fact the menu code didnt include the extra menu options for the racer version was the problem lol

• Icon with Plus on it - (for Select to go down a sub-level) - Work? yes with no jumping
  • Icon with Up arrow - (to move up the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Down arrow - (to move down the menu bar) Work? yes
  • Icon with Left Arrow - (to go back up a level) Work? yes
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a minus sign through it (increase sensitivity) - Work? seems to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint and a plus sign through it (decrease sensitivity) - Work? seems to work
  • Icon with Fingerprint - (resets to default sensitivity) Work? seems to work

1 slight graphical problem is the menu list is longer now on the main screen the virtual finger print are on top of the last 2 options (advanced and power off)

That's great frickin news! :D

Yeah, I know about the sensitivity icons are overlaying the the menu....

Look in post #97 to see the same thing for the Galaxy 5....

Will play with the Galaxy 5 here as it has the identical screen resolution as the racer....

Might push the icons down or re-arrange it.... wait and see

Edit: Thanks a million for the help in testing this out... now that we've reached the finishing line - the principle works thus :)

P.S: The battery indicator, it changes colours when unplugged so can you confirm that for me as well?... each "line colour" used represents 10%, so when it drops, the colour disappears and goes down, when charged at full 100%, its green with the yellow frame around it.

P.P.S: This cold-start into recovery is an issue that somewhat needs to be tackled...

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

That's great frickin news! :D

Yeah, I know about the sensitivity icons are overlaying the the menu....

Look in post #97 to see the same thing for the Galaxy 5....

Will play with the Galaxy 5 here as it has the identical screen resolution as the racer....

Might push the icons down or re-arrange it.... wait and see

Edit: Thanks a million for the help in testing this out... now that we've reached the finishing line - the principle works thus :)

my bad with not saying about the menu options or lack of them on the racer, i just thought it was config you had with the cwm-mod, lol if i`d said something about it earlier we`d of done it 30 or so posts ago :lol: but yer f*cking A thx for the time and patience you put into this :)

EDIT cold boot NOT working properly it did, but now it DOESNT

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

rebooting into recovery works from phone desktop

rebooting when in recovery into recovery via advanced/reboot recovery works

cold boot recovery brings up reovery but NO functions work apart from power button to restart phone

my bad with not saying about the menu options or lack of them on the racer, i just thought it was config you had with the cwm-mod, lol if i`d said something about it earlier we`d of done it 30 or so posts ago :lol: but yer f*cking A thx for the time and patience you put into this :)

EDIT: btw it works from cold boot now aswell :)

Ahh man....

need to direct this issue to deadlink and ask him WTF is why the recovery has less options... don't know why.... not your fault or mine either...

Its a chance and gamble I took when it dawned on me that the menu options was missing and at first, thought it was a limitation of the racer that it "could not wipe cache or update" and realized that it could explain the jumping around.... don't know...

deadlink needs to answer to his mistake over it as his device tree as shown here

all in all it has been productive and that you're a good team player... :)

Now, I can get the sensitivity icons out of the way somewhat - my job will be much easier as I have the galaxy 5 in front of me :D :lol:

Meanwhile, Racerboy, take a break, relax, its sunday... have a beer for me and Phoenix_Silver ;)

Guest Racerboy

Meanwhile, Racerboy, take a break, relax, its sunday... have a beer for me and Phoenix_Silver ;)

lol will try to, i got a house move this week or next so preparing for that :( no rest for the wicked as they say

anyway take it easy!!!!!!!! :)

@Racerboy:

Okie, for the last time - try out this new version, now that the icons are pushed downwards (no rest for the wicked eh? ;) )

Try it, let me know how you get on.... and a screenshot to see how it looks :)

Will PM you directly after you getting back on this ... ;)

recovery_racer_beta.zip

Edited by t0mm13b

The cold boot issue .... this is what I suspect...

Now, btw, the reason I am saying this, is it happens on the blade also...

From the kernel by 4pda which is used in the CM7 nightly rom for your racer, this part of the config

CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT=y

is what I suspect is causing the grief about cold boot...

I have learnt from the Blade forum, that FTM is something to do with Firmware Transfer Mode, for flashing firmware using ZTE authorised application or similar. Not flashing ROMs or recoveries. Its the internals of the firmware.

FTM Mode on the blade is known to jam the physical keys, usb and touchscreen, Strangely enough, its in that 4pda's cm7 kernel it is enabled, but no source to it.. so do not know which is it....

The way I think is this happening is this: From cold boot, the FTM flag is cleared, when attempting to go into recovery, the kernel checks on the ZTE FTM flag, and if not set, it freezes... presumably the kernel thinks its in FTM mode and attempting to wait on a firmware download, this is the scenario that we're tackling with. If you cold boot and let it go into the ROM, the ZTE FTM flag is set, hence rebooting into recovery works as the kernel sees that the flag is set and continues happily. That's what I think it is... not 100% sure....

Have tried deadlink's kernel source as well, that causes boot issues.

If others have feedback to contribute - please do post them so that this can be nailed down.

For others, is this a known issue you have. I do know that with the stock cwm as supplied by sebastian does seem to have no problem so ...

This is open-ended and am open to suggestions on how to resolve this matter. :)

Guest Racerboy

the cwm modded by sebastian has no issues regarding cold boot for me nor anybody else, would this mean it would require a new kernal as the source for the existing kernal your using is not available

the cwm modded by sebastian has no issues regarding cold boot for me nor anybody else, would this mean it would require a new kernal as the source for the existing kernal your using is not available

Yes :)

It would require a recompile for this to work...

I will root around on github and see if I can hit the sweet spot on this kernel :)

no go, cold boot or reboot into recovery, sticks on green droid screen for a few secs then reboots itself :(

Ho okie.... interesting... sebastian compiled the kernel as for the blade for recovery... will try that... Oo

Guest Racerboy

yep, i`m using the beta :) great for general use, unless obviously my phone wont boot to desktop thus wont be-able to use cold boot, but then i`ll just fastboot original cwm for that :D

Okie, I am going to play blind here on this.

I am recompiling deadlink's kernel source - sebastian's was a no-go... so....

Will try this one and get back to you shortly... :)

Guest Racerboy

recovery_racer_deadlink_config:

ok, cold boot bypasses recovery with green droid pic (tried 3or4 times same result) and 1st time i rebooted into recovery from the desktop basically it shut the phone down (didnt restart phone) 2nd time i rebooted into recovery it bypassed the recovery and carried on loading phone to desktop......:unsure:

Okie.... something is blocking in there somewhere that is conflicting....

Please bear with me as this is going to be very tedious in finding the right kernel config ... and of course, experiment with the different config options to get it right... :unsure: