[ROM][GEN-2] Complete Android Experience 2.3.4

Guest Sami Beck

Guest domerator

Back to CAE 1.0 ... CAE 1.1 gave me some problems ( Home button didn't work , power button reboots everytime)

CAE 1.0 running fine here :D

Something wrong at your side... CAE 1.1 works flawlessly for me... neither of your listed bugs appeared... :unsure:

Something wrong at your side... CAE 1.1 works flawlessly for me... neither of your listed bugs appeared... :unsure:

That's good to hear , so I try it again later ... but not today ... i have better things to do , like going to Koln for a VNV NATION concert B)

Guest domerator

Just flashed CAE 1.2 and I must say it is a lot faster,smoother and responsive....

Good Rom!!

DO you really mean that 1.2 is lot faster, smoother and more responsive THAN 1.1 ???

Just a question..

In order to expand system partition I would have to partition the SD card with ext3/ext4 no?

and how much will be enough? 512 Mb?

and the swap should be 0mb no?

Guest geegeethatsme

Just a question..

In order to expand system partition I would have to partition the SD card with ext3/ext4 no?

and how much will be enough? 512 Mb?

and the swap should be 0mb no?

The system partition (within the phone's operating system) and the SD partition are quite different things. From your question, I assume you are looking to partition your SD card in order to exploit A2SD. On the 2Gb card that comes with the phone, an ext2 or ext3 partition of 512mb is fine. You don't need a swap partition so leave that as 0Mb in CWM.

The system partition (within the phone's operating system) and the SD partition are quite different things. From your question, I assume you are looking to partition your SD card in order to exploit A2SD. On the 2Gb card that comes with the phone, an ext2 or ext3 partition of 512mb is fine. You don't need a swap partition so leave that as 0Mb in CWM.

Yes what i meant to say was Sd card partition...

So for a 8gb card wht should be the partition size?

Guest TheChill

Optional AOSP dialer/contacts would be welcome. (Or, better, AOSP by default with option to install existing dialer/contacts.)

Can't say I've seen this mentioned before, but I'm getting a degree of ghosting at the top of the screen when scrolling.

Perhaps AOSP framework would resolve this?

Guest geegeethatsme

Yes what i meant to say was Sd card partition...

So for a 8gb card wht should be the partition size?

That's entirely discretionary. There's no formula involved. It depends on your usage of the phone. If you like loading it with apps then you'll want a larger partition, but if your preference is for a core set of apps with data being held on the SD card then 512Mb is probably still good.

Edited by geegeethatsme

Guest wookie16081965

just trying 1.2 coming from gsf23 factory reset cache and dalvick cache all deleted before installed, when installing apps with titanium backup says its restored but none are there is anyone else having this problem thanks.

Optional AOSP dialer/contacts would be welcome. (Or, better, AOSP by default with option to install existing dialer/contacts.)

Can't say I've seen this mentioned before, but I'm getting a degree of ghosting at the top of the screen when scrolling.

Perhaps AOSP framework would resolve this?

From Goodies thread:

Solidchips - CM7 dialer+contacts+messaging Addon

http://www.4shared.c..._stock_mms.html

It is 100% working on CAE (i am using it).

I suggest also to install Dialer2 from market, to have predictive T9 dialer.

Edited by Monfro

To add CRT Animation to CAE roms install this zip through Clockworkmod.

After flashing you will have a vanilla Gingerbread theme: if you want to install MonfroTheme with Circle Battery Mod (green), no overscroll glow and green volume bars install this zip with Clockworkmod (note: this version of MonfroTheme is different from the other one: this one is meant to be used after adding CRT animation, and will keep CRT animation).

To add CRT Animation to CAE roms install this zip through Clockworkmod.

After flashing you will have a vanilla Gingerbread theme: if you want to install MonfroTheme with Circle Battery Mod (green), no overscroll glow and green volume bars install this zip with Clockworkmod (note: this version of MonfroTheme is different from the other one: this one is meant to be used after adding CRT animation, and will keep CRT animation).

Just a question...

How I can I revert back to the Original theme (of CAE 1.2) ?

Edited by ZTR

Guest Manos Aristeidopoulos

it seems very strange this thing with the gps for some works for some not.

what i did before install the rom was:

Format cache

Format System

Format Data

Wipe dalvik cache

Hope it helps but i dont think so the clean instalation is the problem.

And also at the first boot of rom i found some bugs like the home button didnt work but after a reboot everything looks good