[ROM][GEN2]<<<Blade Mix 365>>>ICS+LauncherPro with ICS ICONS

Guest fallenangel32

Guest emppu67

hi,i tried this rom,but i didnt like the scrolling sideways,is it just a settings adjustment? i could use other launcher of course,but i prefer the inbuilt, i like it vertical scroll,,,good rom in general,,

Guest ThePain

Hi FallenAngel

I want to repartition and flash firmware custom Gen2 v9 from the link below to my ZTE Blade to fix a strange bug with my phone

It features the following partition layout: 2MB cache, 160 MB system, 294MB data

Will I be able to use Blademix360 ICS and Blademix db in the future with this partition layout.

Need to know this before I do anything cos Blademix is the only ROM i want to use on my Blade.

Thanks.

Guest Pafinho

Hi FallenAngel

I want to repartition and flash firmware custom Gen2 v9 from the link below to my ZTE Blade to fix a strange bug with my phone

http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

It features the following partition layout: 2MB cache, 160 MB system, 294MB data

Will I be able to use Blademix360 ICS and Blademix db in the future with this partition layout.

Need to know this before I do anything cos Blademix is the only ROM i want to use on my Blade.

Thanks.

I use this partition layout with Blademix LP 360. Works just fine

Abraço

Pedro

Guest fallenangel32

Hi FallenAngel

http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

Thanks.

"2MB cache, 160 MB system, 294MB data"

BLADE MIX 360 only needs 120-125mb system partition

so...YES !!!

youcan also try this http://www.multiupload.com/6DWR9AD8W2

gives you "2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem"

that was the ge1 to gen 2 tool i used when i had my lovely blade

what is your bug?

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest ThePain

"2MB cache, 160 MB system, 294MB data"

BLADE MIX 360 only needs 120-125mb system partition

so...YES !!!

youcan also try this http://www.multiupload.com/6DWR9AD8W2

gives you "2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem"

that was the ge1 to gen 2 tool i used when i had my lovely blade

what is your bug?

Thanks for the great news FA.

Mine is already a Gen2 blade(Dell XCD35). There are times when the phone will simply refuse to boot up and remain stuck on the boot splash screen. This happens after the phone reboots itself for any reason or i shut down the phone and restart it. When this happens, I usually have to pull out the battery, boot into CW Recovery and restore my latest nandroid backup to get back and running again. This is really tiring as i lose all my apps and messages etc since last backup.

Happens with all the ROMs ive used so far.Since I like Blademix so much, wanted to get a permanent solution to the problem. So deciding to repartition/Whipe everything clean and start from scratch with Blademix 360 for now .........and Blademix 360 db when you release it. ;)

Guest fallenangel32

Hate to be pedantic but the bundling of google apps into a ROM is a no-no as far as legality is concerned.. :)

what do you mean?

do you think its illegal?

why?it s free and not for sale product,even with gpl2

i think that google is happy adding maps in every android rom

adding a google free (under gpl)app into a android rom(free google product) its legalwink.gif

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest downloader50

what do you mean?

adding a google free (under gpl)app into a android rom(free google product) its legalwink.gif

Google went to court to stop cyanogenmod bundling the google apps

Guest fallenangel32

Google went to court to stop cyanogenmod bundling the google apps

i didnt know...why ?why doing this?

cyanogen and other rom buiders have nothing to gain with this addition(maps)

as i know every android rom has prebuild the maps application

i just think that google dont like porting new android to every phone to gain money

but thats not right...

i never use google maps,i deleted from every rom i put in my phone,but some users do

so i ll never stop putting maps in blade mix

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest jonmac73

Hi FA - currently running mix 2.3.4 which I love, thinking about trying 360 - what;s in the pipeline - should I wait for next release which will have ??????? included ?

Thanks

Also someone posted a comment about side scrolling APPS menu only - is that correct ? presume it's launcher related and can be changed easily.

2.3.4 - seems to do all I need perfect - quick GPS/BT/WIFI working fine good battery life etc.

360 - is 360 better and keeping all the good things from above ?

Guest t0mm13b

what do you mean?

Google mail, maps, market, talk, latitude, youtube, to name but a few... :)

Just because its free and not for sale does not mean you can bundle it ;)

BTW they are not GPL'd, on the contrary, these are not even opensource!

(Have a look at this linky about CyanogenMod under the section titled 'Licencing Controversy' and also, here another linky, you'll see why ;))

I just want for you to be aware, of that, there's hidden undocumented rules, that has to be played by and not take away your enjoyment of the ROM building and would rather not see you get shot down by Google with legality crap :)

Guest fallenangel32

Hi FA - currently running mix 2.3.4 which I love, thinking about trying 360 - what;s in the pipeline - should I wait for next release which will have ??????? included ?

Thanks

Also someone posted a comment about side scrolling APPS menu only - is that correct ? presume it's launcher related and can be changed easily.

2.3.4 - seems to do all I need perfect - quick GPS/BT/WIFI working fine good battery life etc.

360 - is 360 better and keeping all the good things from above ?

NO with ZEAM LAUNCHER(core edition)UNDER LAUNCHER SETTINGS YOU CAN CHANGE THE SCROLLING....

i dont know if its better,you can try it and post your opinion here

dolby its a real pain in the .... i m not sure i can port it

i can only try to make better the skate rom for tha blade

but with a borrowed phone i cant do much,but i m trying

Guest fallenangel32

hi,i tried this rom,but i didnt like the scrolling sideways,is it just a settings adjustment? i could use other launcher of course,but i prefer the inbuilt, i like it vertical scroll,,,good rom in general,,

in ZEAM LAUNCHER(core edition)UNDER LAUNCHER SETTINGS YOU CAN CHANGE THE SCROLLING....

Guest hugobosslives

on the gapps thing:

yes it is technically illegal as they are not open source.

but google don't really care that much

the only reason they read the riot act to the cm team is that they are the most popular android rom and so it was worth it. for small user base roms such as this, you will never hear from Moutain View.

you are meant to provide a separate zip (such as cm7 does) with the gapps. Tho if i was you i wouldnt bother

Guest KonstaT

Google mail, maps, market, talk, latitude, youtube, to name but a few... :)

Just because its free and not for sale does not mean you can bundle it ;)

BTW they are not GPL'd, on the contrary, these are not even opensource!

(Have a look at this linky about CyanogenMod under the section titled 'Licencing Controversy' and also, here another linky, you'll see why ;))

I just want for you to be aware, of that, there's hidden undocumented rules, that has to be played by and not take away your enjoyment of the ROM building and would rather not see you get shot down by Google with legality crap :)

Distribution of google apps all together can be considered to be illegal. Distribution of separate google apps package is as illegal as bundling it to a ROM. Because cyanogenmod offers google apps in a separate package (not distributed by them selves) it only protecs them to be directly sued by google. CyanogenMod just got too good/big/popular to piss google off. Are you trying to say that you are using your CM7 without the illegally distributed gapps package?

You can read google's side of the story and their view on distributing google apps here.

As you've built cyanogenmod from source you know that you have pull some proprietary files from your device before that. Some of these files/drivers are not open sourced and their full rights are owned by their vendor. But wait, these files are included CM7 releases. What is your view on this illegal distribution of proprietary files?

Making a ROM based on stock ROM that already includes gapps could be considered fair use. This ROM is based on leaked ZTE ROM (btw, would be nice to have that information what it's based on?) and it's whole another legal problem. If you are so concerned of ditribution of google apps, you shouldn't have never installed a custom ROM and only used your stock ROM (the ROM that comes with your phone when you bought it), ZTE has payed royalties to google and cleared rights for that ROM only.

Maybe a quote from the page you linked helps:

"To work around the licensing issues, it was further agreed that the proprietary Google apps may be backed-up from the stock firmware on the device and then re-installed onto CyanogenMod releases without infringing copyrights.

Cyanogen has warned that while issues no longer remain with Google, there are still potential licensing issues regarding proprietary, closed-source device drivers. However, he believes the licensing issues with the drivers can be worked out, and he is receiving assistance from Google employees to avoid any further licensing issues."

Edited by KonstaT

Guest t0mm13b

As you've built cyanogenmod from source you know that you have pull some proprietary files from your device before that. Some of these files/drivers are not open sourced and their full rights are owned by their vendor. But wait, these files are included CM7 releases. What is your view on this illegal distribution of proprietary files?

Well, let's see what extract-files.sh has to say about this as shown below, they are proprietary sure, but is that not for the building of android framework that has a dependency on them?

mkdir -p ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary

adb pull /system/bin/qmuxd ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/qmuxd

chmod 755 ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/qmuxd

adb pull /system/bin/akmd2 ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd2

chmod 755 ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd2

adb pull /system/bin/hci_qcomm_init ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init

chmod 755 ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init

adb pull /system/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/init.qcom.bt.sh

# EGL

adb pull /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libEGL_adreno200.so

adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

adb pull /system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libq3dtools_adreno200.so

adb pull /system/lib/libgsl.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libgsl.so

adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pfp.fw

adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pm4.fw

#RIL files

adb pull /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libril-qc-1.so

adb pull /system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so

adb pull /system/lib/libdiag.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libdiag.so

adb pull /system/lib/liboncrpc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/liboncrpc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libqmi.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libqmi.so

adb pull /system/lib/libdsm.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libdsm.so

adb pull /system/lib/libqueue.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libqueue.so

adb pull /system/lib/libdll.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libdll.so

adb pull /system/lib/libcm.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libcm.so

adb pull /system/lib/libmmgsdilib.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmmgsdilib.so

adb pull /system/lib/libgsdi_exp.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libgsdi_exp.so

adb pull /system/lib/libgstk_exp.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libgstk_exp.so

adb pull /system/lib/libwms.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libwms.so

adb pull /system/lib/libnv.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libnv.so

adb pull /system/lib/libwmsts.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libwmsts.so

adb pull /system/lib/libpbmlib.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libpbmlib.so

adb pull /system/lib/libdss.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libdss.so

adb pull /system/lib/libauth.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libauth.so

#camera

adb pull /system/lib/liboemcamera.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/liboemcamera.so

adb pull /system/lib/libmmjpeg.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmmjpeg.so

adb pull /system/lib/libmmipl.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmmipl.so

#OMX

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxEvrcEnc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxEvrcEnc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAacDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAacDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxWmvDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxWmvDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxQcelpDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxQcelpDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAmrEnc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAmrEnc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAdpcmDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAdpcmDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxEvrcDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxEvrcDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxH264Dec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxH264Dec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAmrDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAmrDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAmrwbDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAmrwbDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxWmaDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxWmaDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxQcelp13Enc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxQcelp13Enc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxMp3Dec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxMp3Dec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxMpeg4Dec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxMpeg4Dec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxVidEnc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAmrRtpDec.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAmrRtpDec.so

adb pull /system/lib/libOmxAacEnc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxAacEnc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmm-adspsvc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so

adb pull /system/lib/libomx_sharedlibrary.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libomx_sharedlibrary.so

#GPS

adb pull /system/lib/libloc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libloc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libloc-rpc.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libloc-rpc.so

adb pull /system/lib/libcommondefs.so ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/proprietary/libcommondefs.so

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__DEVICE__/$DEVICE/g > ../../../vendor/zte/$DEVICE/$DEVICE-vendor-blobs.mk

So there's, EGL, RIL, Camera, GPS, OMX, and a couple of binaries...

Without them, building the android would fail? or does it?

In fact that's a good question... So these are used by the CyanogenMod to build the Android system, what about AOSP/CodeAurora...? Will the compile/build fail without them or not work at all?

Also:

Maybe a quote from the page you linked helps:

"To work around the licensing issues, it was further agreed that the proprietary Google apps may be backed-up from the stock firmware on the device and then re-installed onto CyanogenMod releases without infringing copyrights.

That, to me, is equivalent of back in the days of 5.25 floppies, make a backup of a program onto a floppy for PERSONAL use to be restored in the event of failure which was quite a normal and valid thing to do, with a sticker on the floppy disk, stating 'BACKUP'... that bit in the above quote "may be backed-up from the stock firmware and then re-installed onto CyanogenMod"...seems a bit too vague.. is it from a perspective of for PERSONAL use or mass distribution? :)

:)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest emppu67

in ZEAM LAUNCHER(core edition)UNDER LAUNCHER SETTINGS YOU CAN CHANGE THE SCROLLING....

ye,i hear u ,dont have to shout:)ps,it hadnt ad-hoc,,konstaT tested it had none,,

Guest KonstaT

Without them, building the android would fail? or does it?

In fact that's a good question... So these are used by the CyanogenMod to build the Android system, what about AOSP/CodeAurora...? Will the compile/build fail without them or not work at all?

That's way too difficult question for me. :) I just made my first clean CyanogenMod build few weeks back. Haven't even bothered to try compile AOSP/CodeAurora, I'm sure that nothing would work. :P