Overclockable kernel for the ZTE Skate

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest h1975641209

Regarding this issue -"adjust color & brightness", someone told me it could be fix by kernel. So I am asking someone for help.

In fact, I already adjusted the brightness in the setting, but it is still to dark.

Regarding this issue -"adjust color & brightness", someone told me it could be fix by kernel. So I am asking someone for help.

In fact, I already adjusted the brightness in the setting, but it is still to dark.

In that case, someone who knows and builds kernels may help you, maybe one of the dev team.

Guest kallt_kaffe

The fact that you needed to reinstall a ROM makes me believe that the new kernel was too large for the boot-partition and the reflashing failed and corrupted the boot partition.

Here's a new version with CIFS, EXT4 and BFQ compiled in. It's using LZMA compression instead of GZIP so kernel is ~1Mb smaller but will take a few more seconds to uncompress.

Unless you intend to mount samba(windows) shares, use apps2sd on EXT4 partition or want to try the BFQ I/O scheduler you can safely ignore this post.

zte_skate_overclockable_kernel.zip

Same as above but with 33% overclocking on the AHB bus.

I hope your not trying to break our phones again :P ...i'll check this one out :)

It boots past the green android, good so far...

Edited by Navie

Guest magikstar29

how different with the one on post 42?

i use it (the one on post #42) on on my skate SFR staraddict works like a charm with 1,018GHz max for the moment i will try other mex frequencies later

Same as above but with 33% overclocking on the AHB bus.

Edited by magikstar29

Guest kallt_kaffe

Nothing expect the things I described (CIFS, EXT4 and BFQ)

i use it (the one on post #42) on on my skate staraddict works like a charm with 1,018GHz max for the moment i will try other mex frequencies later

Let me know if you can use the highest frequency. I can add more if needed.

Tested kernal on post #80.

I've ran the quadrant benchmark at 998MHz a few times without any crashes, highest score on Quadrant benchmark was 1259, this kernel is stable.

At 1017 MHz, the quadrant test crashed during the 3D tests and never passes this, I ran at 1017MHz only once without success.

Edited by Navie

i use it (the one on post #42) on on my skate SFR staraddict works like a charm with 1,018GHz max for the moment i will try other mex frequencies later

What is a staraddict?...a OMC?

Guest magikstar29

with 1,018 all are good except when i shut down and start my phone : setting not applied so i select the setting again with 1,018Ghz and all work.

I re test to shut down and start again and setting no applied.

it's funny.

There a problem with the shutdown.

I will flash with the new one and test again.

Quadrant is one of the most inaccurate benchmarks around - it gives ridiculous scores for some devices and can easily be hacked to miss some steps thus giving a higher score.

What do you recommend I use?

Guest tilal6991

What do you recommend I use?

Antutu is probably better allrounder - Linpack for raw CPU check.

Quadrant is probably OK if you are comparing it on the same device. Just don;t compare against other devices.

Antutu is probably better allrounder - Linpack for raw CPU check.

Quadrant is probably OK if you are comparing it on the same device. Just don;t compare against other devices.

Okay, thanks :)

Guest dadashi

I flashed the new kernel with ahb and got a 60 point increase in quadrant 1160 points. Mine runs 960Mhz stabile, so I've set it to 940Mhz default for safety...@ 979 it crashed in the vellum benchmark...

I'm currently in France so maybe the warmer temperatures won't let me oc any higher, it's night with a humid 25°C...I'll try higher oc when I'm back in blighty...

I've just tested on Pocket god, my OMC reboots at 998MHz and 979MHz, haven't tested on lower speeds yet, I presume this isn't supposed ot happen?...does that mean them speeds are unstable?

Guest tilal6991
I've just tested on Pocket god, my OMC reboots at 998MHz and 979MHz, haven't tested on lower speeds yet, I presume this isn't supposed ot happen?...does that mean them speeds are unstable?

Depends. It might be because gpu is being overclocked wrong.

Depends. It might be because gpu is being overclocked wrong.

You mean in the kernel?

can you tell me how to install this overclock file onto my phone please.just tried it but nothing happened just rebooted :o

The kernel can be installed by putting the .zip file on your SD card, then booting into recovery and installing the .zip file from there :)