[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Docmjldds

For TMOUS users who are having issues with their WiFi calling, your problem 'may' be as a result of SuperCID on your phone. I don't use the feature myself, but I've seen people with a similar problem on other ROMs.

Please do the following using ADB and Fastboot.

Connect your phone to your computer and run:

"fastboot oem getvar mid" - You should get something like - PG5810000

"fastboot ome getvar cid" - You should get something like - T-MOB010

If you get a different number for your MID, then that might be why you're having issues with WiFi calling. If you CID returns as 1111111 then your SuperCID might also need to be changed.

To change your CID and MID to TMOUS versions, you can use the following commands:

"fastboot oem writecid <correct CID for your device>"

"fastboot oem writemid <correct MID for your device>"

If you get an error trying to rewrite your mid, you may need to flash the EngHboot to your phone first.

There are a number of MID, CID and HBoot threads on XDA forums that delve further into this matter. So please do some research and educate yourselves :)

DISCLAIMER: As always, please be careful making changes to your phone and if you don't have the requisite skills to make these changes, then get help from someone who does. I take no responsibility for any problems you encounter if you decide to be a twat on your phone.

Wow, I know way back when I first did the revolutionary setup for S-OFF I could have sworn there was some added instructions that stated to change the SuperCID to those "ones" in order to flash ROMs or some such. I'm going on memory here, so I may be wrong on exact issues or statements. But I am more than willing to change this back to something indicative of being on TMobile, since many ROM cookers run scripts that determine if your phone is a Euro or TMOUS version and then adds a script to run a separate additional install. For example MIke and his Android_Revolution_HD-Sensation_3.6.0.zip uses a folder called additions, and in that folder is a subfolder called tmous, that has it's own build.prop file and folders and scripts etc which TMobile USA stuff, including wifi calling. I think CoreDroid does basically another method, to achieve the same final product based on Euro vs TMOUS users. I have had many PMs with them on this and in the past no one had a clue why some of us TMOUS users phones were not being recognized as NON Euro models when a ROM with these capabilities were used.

TRP....if you are following along...I was going to mention using a method such as this, that would preserve the integrity of your ROM based on each users' needs. Just a thought. Anyways, will change my settings here after getting thru rest of posts.

Thanks a bunch for this info. If this works as it sounds like, it will be a long time blessing needed to fix a long time issue that has not been fixed.

Guest Raycaster3

duh i know, i have done everything before flashing the latest miui rom...

like im not stupid or anything, i had been flashing roms since G1 came out, im sure i am more experienced than you

the comments were not for you, if u want to find out the problems, flash the rom urself and post them...

lagging is lagging...there is not specific answer for it....

crashes are crashes....getting FCs.......

there......happy?

btw, i am not making negative comments about the rom nor the dev, it is just a comment for the dev to improve the rom for the next update....

Ok so I've been on this rom since the second it cane out and I'm telling you lag has NEVER been an issue that's why I said what I did because I figured it must be something to sonwith a bad install.

I really don't care how long you've been flashing bud.

Just trying to help you realize that its nit something with the rom and if it was, the way you said it gives no clue as to what to do to help. I know I'm not trip but we all want to help each other out.

Guest zivotinjnja

Tried again, also theT Kernel S0074B, but still no service. I have to go back to CM7 :\ Maybe next time.

Agreed, the latest kernel update doesn't solve no service problem, unfortunately. :unsure:

Guest gockillaz

So I finally decided to make a modaco account lol.

Hey Trip-- I've been lurking in here for quite some time (actually since you first made the thread), and I used the rom when you first released it.

Do you have any plans for porting over the MIUI camera to this rom? It would be incredibly close to a fully functional MIUI rom, since I doubt the people in the MIUI forums really care about our device.

@trip can u post the link to your lock screen theme im gonna see if i can make a bat file to resize the lock screen part of the other themes so we dont have the error, i will ask dan if he know how the script can be added to the roms theme manger its self so it does it one the fly he has modded the rom alot on the desire

Edited by 5kedone

Guest Docmjldds

That might be why the same method that worked for me in the past didn't work for others who did the same exact thing. Thanks for the info, very useful!

Have to modify some of this to work. For example, I was getting erros using commands posted exactly from here.

I just changed my SuperCID back to the TMobileUS correct number. To read your current CID from fastboot screen use:

fastboot oem readcid

This works for me. The getvar command gave me errors. Use T-MOB010 (Those last are number zero one zero after the B in T-MOB)

(Superboot is the name of my SDK tools folder...fyi )

K:\Superboot>fastboot oem readcid

... INFOcid: T-MOB010

OKAY [ 0.013s]

finished. total time: 0.013s

K:\Superboot>

Guest TripNRaVeR

:angry: :angry: FUCKFUCKFUCK

The rotation doesnt work anymore :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

As long as this is then no release

Guest theviruz

The rotation doesnt work anymore :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

hm no good news but you are the best dev i have ever seen

do you mean screen rotation/accelerometer?

dont use it myself but is kinda important to most people i guess so good luck working out what happened to stop it working

Guest Nicegypt

u can do it buddy :) i finally got Skype work on this ROM. I love it but the thing is when i restart the phone the battery drain so fast at least 50% :) it's good so far. Thanks buddy for ur hard work

Guest Raycaster3

You're puttin in work trip! Thanks for your efforts.

Guest psionicsin

Wait...I missed the past couple days. Is 7B cool to flash, or is it lacking somewhere important (I refuse to go through 30 something new pages of posts lol)? :blink:

Guest Docmjldds

That might be why the same method that worked for me in the past didn't work for others who did the same exact thing. Thanks for the info, very useful!

Lost a long post to you...grrr. This setting change so far has no affect for me. Using CM7 for example, just installed and left build.prop stock. I get an error when trying to run a TMobile app (tMobileTV). Sorry this application is not compatible with your mobile device. If I edit one line>>>>ro.product.model=HTC Sensation 4G instead of Sensation, reboot, the app works.

Wait...I missed the past couple days. Is 7B cool to flash, or is it lacking somewhere important (I refuse to go through 30 something new pages of posts lol)? :blink:

For me it works great, there is a kernal fix for if you can't download off market but that was the only issue I had with it, just backup, flash, and have a play :-)

Guest Raycaster3

Lost a long post to you...grrr. This setting change so far has no affect for me. Using CM7 for example, just installed and left build.prop stock. I get an error when trying to run a TMobile app (tMobileTV). Sorry this application is not compatible with your mobile device. If I edit one line>>>>ro.product.model=HTC Sensation 4G instead of Sensation, reboot, the app works.

Thanks good looking out doc!

Guest psionicsin

Hey Trip...from what I understand from an older post of yours, you want a 4x5 grid even though MIUI only really supports a 4x4 grid and THAT is what might be giving the FC's for everyone? Why not just leave it at 4x4?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey Trip...from what I understand from an older post of yours, you want a 4x5 grid even though MIUI only really supports a 4x4 grid and THAT is what might be giving the FC's for everyone? Why not just leave it at 4x4?

If you read few pages back you that i say exactly the same as you and that the launcher in this version is 4x4.... if you download the release that is here online then you'll see

Rotation fixed :blink: now going to work further to fix the release today

Edited by TripNRaVeR

If you read few pages back you that i say exactly the same as you and that the launcher in this version is 4x4.... if you download the release that is here online then you'll see

Rotation fixed :blink: now going to work further to fix the release today

ur such a beast haha idk anyone who can pop out releases like you do!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Can anyone upload that stupid t-mobile tv application? That one that requires build.prop mods? If wifi calling needs any mods to system can you upload it also?

Who can do this??

Edited by TripNRaVeR