[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest insanechinaman

Will there be any progress on Wifi Calling soon? This rom is absolutely great, and I love it, but I have to use ARHD for now since my workplace has horrible signal, and I need Wifi Calling for it to be my daily driver.

Also, this rom is running games pretty well, but when I played the game Dragon, Fly!, it's really choppy, and has hiccups everywhere. Any thoughts on this?

Guest audiophile

Is it possible to get the stock HTC sensation video drivers in miui? Or are they uncompatable because I'm trying to play video files like avi and xvid and the sensation claims to be able to do this stock. (Not working on miui) and 3rd party video apps playback in bad quality with stutter.

Guest sonnguyen10123

Is there camera flash yet? Native big mms for tmobile users?

Sorry don't have time to read throufh the posts cuz of school.

What else is fixed? Thanks wanting to flash.

Guest stanleynhan

Is there camera flash yet? Native big mms for tmobile users?

Sorry don't have time to read throufh the posts cuz of school.

What else is fixed? Thanks wanting to flash.

flash works perfectly

http://www.miuiandro...rt-for-porting/

Vote for teh sensation!!

Would gladly do it but I don't have a FB account (closed it). I did ask my friends to vote tho. :)

Still can't believe that people are voting for Galaxy Spica and Ace which don't have enough RAM to run MIUI properly. The MIlestone clocked at 1000 MHz with 256 MB RAM can barely do it without any multitasking support. blink.gif Oh well, I hope we do get some additional support from the MIUI team (this is not saying that Trip isn't doing a good awesome job).

Guest TripNRaVeR

Is it possible to get the stock HTC sensation video drivers in miui? Or are they uncompatable because I'm trying to play video files like avi and xvid and the sensation claims to be able to do this stock. (Not working on miui) and 3rd party video apps playback in bad quality with stutter.

I dont have issues with videoplayback. Can you upload the videos that arent working..

Guest Docmjldds

I dont have issues with videoplayback. Can you upload the videos that arent working..

My turn. Yes, the crappy Tmobile TV app you hate works now. Thanks....:D

OK...I have been working on WiFi calling and the closest I get now is it stuck on enabling. It may say bad sim card, but turning WiFi calling off then on fixes the bad sim card message, but it is stuck on enabling. I got it to this point by first copy pasting ALL FIVE Library files from a prior ROM of yours that had:

libganril.so

libhtc_ril.so

libhtc_ril_switch.so

librilswitch.so

and lastly the following which is being left out now for the last two of your builds:

libkineto.so

So, leaving this last library file out is causing some of the issues with not enabling. I intentionally used all the files with the same time stamp instead of substituting a different times stamped libkineto.so. The reason for copying all the files again. Also, installing this last missing file, the FC's stopped for the wifi calling app when enabling.

Next, your build.prop edits for the rillibpath statements have left out two of the lines that were in your prior build that I had this working.

should be:

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

This is what your additional build properties look like

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

# RILD SYSTEM

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril_switch.so

So I believe this too is part of the equation to get this working. I know this is beating a dead horse for you Trip, but many of us have the poor data issue at home or work and absolutely need WiFi calling enabled to function.

Finally, although large MMS is better than the itsy bitsy 10-20Kb sized files, I am generally seeing 55-85Kb sizing which is better than nothing, but not as good as we had this working before. Not sure what's with this. I sure wish that the answer was as simple as the customize/mns edit in the sense ROMs changing a value to NexusOne or anything like HTC Sensation 4G instead of that Euro Z710a or some such number for Euro models

If anybody else here would like to chime in on this, feel free to bud in to what I am seeing so far. I am going to assume it's going to take more build.prop edits which will break TAP and other essential stuff.

Trip, would it be out of the question to handle this issue much like some of the Sense Rom cookers do that have a scripts that runs two different build.prop files and associated other file installs based on whether it sees a Euro model or a TMobile model. That seems to be the standard used by a couple of the more popular Sense ROMs. But I know one does it backwards from the other, where the reverse installs all the tmous stuff, then after a script sees one uses a Euro model, erases all the files. I know this is giving you a headache. But just offering alternatives to keep everyone happy. Peace :rolleyes:

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Raycaster3

My turn. Yes, the crappy Tmobile TV app you hate works now. Thanks....:D

OK...I have been working on WiFi calling and the closest I get now is it stuck on enabling. It may say bad sim card, but turning WiFi calling off then on fixes the bad sim card message, but it is stuck on enabling. I got it to this point by first copy pasting ALL FIVE Library files from a prior ROM of yours that had:

libganril.so

libhtc_ril.so

libhtc_ril_switch.so

librilswitch.so

and lastly the following which is being left out now for the last two of your builds:

libkineto.so

So, leaving this last library file out is causing some of the issues with not enabling. I intentionally used all the files with the same time stamp instead of substituting a different times stamped libkineto.so. The reason for copying all the files again. Also, installing this last missing file, the FC's stopped for the wifi calling app when enabling.

Next, your build.prop edits for the rillibpath statements have left out two of the lines that were in your prior build that I had this working.

should be:

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

This is what your additional build properties look like

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

# RILD SYSTEM

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril_switch.so

So I believe this too is part of the equation to get this working. I know this is beating a dead horse for you Trip, but many of us have the poor data issue at home or work and absolutely need WiFi calling enabled to function.

Finally, although large MMS is better than the itsy bitsy 10-20Kb sized files, I am generally seeing 55-85Kb sizing which is better than nothing, but not as good as we had this working before. Not sure what's with this. I sure wish that the answer was as simple as the customize/mns edit in the sense ROMs changing a value to NexusOne or anything like HTC Sensation 4G instead of that Euro Z710a or some such number for Euro models

If anybody else here would like to chime in on this, feel free to bud in to what I am seeing so far. I am going to assume it's going to take more build.prop edits which will break TAP and other essential stuff.

Trip, would it be out of the question to handle this issue much like some of the Sense Rom cookers do that have a scripts that runs two different build.prop files and associated other file installs based on whether it sees a Euro model or a TMobile model. That seems to be the standard used by a couple of the more popular Sense ROMs. But I know one does it backwards from the other, where the reverse installs all the tmous stuff, then after a script sees one uses a Euro model, erases all the files. I know this is giving you a headache. But just offering alternatives to keep everyone happy. Peace :rolleyes:

I'll just chime in on the mms thing. They are definitely bigger than before but I just use the glacier app no matter what anymore just to be safe. As fat as wifi calling goes I have given up since I don't rely on it. Oh well. I will however ask around and see if anyone I know has any ideas.

Guest Bluewall1

Hello, AMAZING ROM like always Trip : )

Anyone have a lockscreen that works with this ROM ? i mean, in the theme section ?

I love the new standard MIUI lockscreen, no way to use it ?

Guest audiophile

I would but it Was a movie so its a massive file. But its an xvid avi file. It wasn't recognized as a video file and wudnt play. . . . .but moboplayer played it with its encoding but it wasn't very smooth.

I googled and apparantly miui doesn't t support avi files. But I taught the appropriate drivers or libs might fix it?

Guest callmexist

I would but it Was a movie so its a massive file. But its an xvid avi file. It wasn't recognized as a video file and wudnt play. . . . .but moboplayer played it with its encoding but it wasn't very smooth.

I googled and apparantly miui doesn't t support avi files. But I taught the appropriate drivers or libs might fix it?

mx video player supports like every known video format, plus its free >.<

Guest Docmjldds

Have you tried converting from avi to whatever format does work with MIUI....MP4. I use a program called badaboom2 that takes full on movies I download from certain sources, converts to MP4 that I use with my appleTV box to stream the movie over to my big screen in my living room area.. Just a thought. I'm testing this right now. It offers a slew of size ranges. There's a choice for HTC Incredible which would probably work. Right now I'm converting over a downloaded MKV (BlueRay) Limitless movies to the MP4 sized file for the Incredible. Will let you know how it runs in a few minutes. It's encoding at 185FPS so this shouldn't take too long. 4Gb movie and has 8 minutes to go from when I started the conversion same time as I started my reply. Highly recommend Badaboom2 to all, BTW.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest plain_nice_one

Hello, AMAZING ROM like always Trip : )

Anyone have a lockscreen that works with this ROM ? i mean, in the theme section ?

I love the new standard MIUI lockscreen, no way to use it ?

I made this account just to say how kick ass this rom is. Good work Trip, keep it up.

These lock screens are from EVO 3D. They work on the sensation since they both have the same resolution.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26746807/Lockscreens/Lockscreens.zip

Guest audiophile

Have you tried converting from avi to whatever format does work with MIUI....MP4. I use a program called badaboom2 that takes full on movies I download from certain sources, converts to MP4 that I use with my appleTV box to stream the movie over to my big screen in my living room area.. Just a thought. I'm testing this right now. It offers a slew of size ranges. There's a choice for HTC Incredible which would probably work. Right now I'm converting over a downloaded MKV (BlueRay) Limitless movies to the MP4 sized file for the Incredible. Will let you know how it runs in a few minutes. It's encoding at 185FPS so this shouldn't take too long. 4Gb movie and has 8 minutes to go from when I started the conversion same time as I started my reply. Highly recommend Badaboom2 to all, BTW.

Been in the process of doing this for the past few hours. Its only a 700mb movie file but its taking years with the two converters I have xD(about 4fps) I must try that one you've mentioned though! Its a time consuming but good way around it. Having it play natively is always the handiest and has best performance :)

Guest audiophile

mx video player supports like every known video format, plus its free >.<

Cheers for this man! App+arm7codec lets me play it at a more than watchable speed and quality :D solves my problen. Its about 10 times better than moboplayer :)

I made this account just to say how kick ass this rom is. Good work Trip, keep it up.

These lock screens are from EVO 3D. They work on the sensation since they both have the same resolution.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26746807/Lockscreens/Lockscreens.zip

Made my day also! Major thanks :D is there an EVO3D thread where they are fixing themes for qhd or isthis your personal work? EDIT: unfortunately these went fully resized yet, lockscreens which have shaded areas (sense lockscreen for ex) haven't those areas resized. Also text and clocks (like In sidekick ls) haven't been made bigger yet. But still good work and 90% der nonetheless :)

Edited by audiophile

Guest cjsabaki

Trip,

Hello!!

Damn dude!! Miui Sensation is kicking butt!! Great work as always!!

Hope things are coming around for you in life, wish ya the best!!

The new Arc s firmware has been dumped, LT18i, 2.3.4, some new features n apps you might could use here!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my SO-01C using Tapatalk