[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Docmjldds

mx video player supports like every known video format, plus its free >.<

Yeah but you still have to cut down the file size if it's a full movie, unless you like loading 4Gb movies :)

I just used Badaboom2 and converted the 4gb mkv 1080p BlueRay movie of Limitless down using the HTC Incredible as the intended target size MP4. It streams beautifully and the result file size is a more respectable 1.0 Gb sized file. Stock MIUI player running it, althought I do have alternative players i also favor.

Guest callmexist

Yeah but you still have to cut down the file size if it's a full movie, unless you like loading 4Gb movies :)

I just used Badaboom2 and converted the 4gb mkv 1080p BlueRay movie of Limitless down using the HTC Incredible as the intended target size MP4. It streams beautifully and the result file size is a more respectable 1.0 Gb sized file. Stock MIUI player running it, althought I do have alternative players i also favor.

i actually have limitless on my phone! :D bahah great movie, but mines only like 1.20 GB and it plays fantastic! :D

Guest farfromovin

I'm still having problems with "accounts and sync". My google account dissapears randomly. This causes all sorts of program issues, anything that needs google just does not function until a reboot. That usually clears the problem for a couple hours. Just for the record- this has happened to me on two different s0075b1923 clean installs. The first one had a MiUI backup, the second one was completely clean. No build.prop edits, nothing but installs from the old market, fresh...

ideas?

Guest Docmjldds

i actually have limitless on my phone! :D bahah great movie, but mines only like 1.20 GB and it plays fantastic! :D

That's funny. Small world. I have been using Act 1 video player for a long time. It is a paid app, but does so many extras. Newest add on was ability to change volume by simply dragging finger up and down anywhere on screen during playback. I have to say, with Trips sound stuff, I am using 75% volume right now and I am hard of hearing. 100% is way to loud. It does clip also at full volume. 75-80% volume is awesome. I can't believe how loud it is right now.

Guest Docmjldds

I'm still having problems with "accounts and sync". My google account dissapears randomly. This causes all sorts of program issues, anything that needs google just does not function until a reboot. That usually clears the problem for a couple hours. Just for the record- this has happened to me on two different s0075b1923 clean installs. The first one had a MiUI backup, the second one was completely clean. No build.prop edits, nothing but installs from the old market, fresh...

ideas?

Well, how about a list of exactly what you are installing. I just clean installed my setup here. No build.prop edits. I only enabled wifi and added my google account. Other than one video player app I use, I have not downloaded anything. And yes, I have the older market and I guess like Trip, I be in a minority. I prefer the old market. If I want to look at lets say my apps, I have full pages. I don't like split screens of information I don't dare about, nor dumb ads taking up the middle of a screen. Yes, I know about apps to kill ads. The old market is just a cleaner and I can maneuver much faster. Just my opinion. Back to topic. I can't reproduce losing Google anything here. The only thing I can think of is a rogue app you may be loading every install.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest plain_nice_one

Made my day also! Major thanks :D is there an EVO3D thread where they are fixing themes for qhd or isthis your personal work? EDIT: unfortunately these went fully resized yet, lockscreens which have shaded areas (sense lockscreen for ex) haven't those areas resized. Also text and clocks (like In sidekick ls) haven't been made bigger yet. But still good work and 90% der nonetheless :)

I didn't make them, so no credit goes to me. Not sure who made them but once i find the link again ill post the website.

Guest farfromovin

Well, how about a list of exactly what you are installing. I just clean installed my setup here. No build.prop edits. I only enabled wifi and added my google account. Other than one video player app I use, I have not downloaded anything. And yes, I have the older market and I guess like Trip, I be in a minority. I prefer the old market. If I want to look at lets say my apps, I have full pages. I don't like split screens of information I don't dare about, nor dumb ads taking up the middle of a screen. Yes, I know about apps to kill ads. The old market is just a cleaner and I can maneuver much faster. Just my opinion. Back to topic. I can't reproduce losing Google anything here. The only thing I can think of is a rogue app you may be loading every install.

maps (with latitude, places, navigation)

gtalk

google+

rom manager

root explorer

pandora

tapatalk

fruit ninja

netflix

hbo go

That's it! Under Settings>Personal>Accounts and Sync that's where your Google account data should be and mine erases itself causing the problems with all the google apps.

Edited by farfromovin

I found 3 bugs in this fantastic rom I would like to report to TRIP:

- Video chat in Gtalk FC always.

- Making a voice over ip call (sip) is not possible. The system is registering fine (over 3g or wifi), but chossing internet call in contact application (for calling this person) has no effect and stays in the same menu.

- Contact application has an important bug: it´s not possible to show a contact witch only has a internet sip adress for voip calling. I.e., if you try to save a contact with only a sip voice over ip adress, this one is not going to appear in the contact list. The way to save one of this is to save other information like mobile or home phone.

Anyway i´m very happy with this rom. Thank you TRIP very much.

Edited by manudas

Guest Docmjldds

Trip, Can you comment on the need to change RIL if using the Radio for the XE model. I know another user had asked earlier. You mentioned that your rom used a customized RIL that was basically compatible with any Radio. But the other user mentioned he checked and saw you were running the referenced 159 RIL that is basically the stock TMobile. Is there any concern about just leaving this as is, or would you recommend flashing the 173 version tjhat is matched for the XE radio 10.15.9035.02_2

Only reason I changed was first it was recommended for the particular ROM that was XE based, but more important...I have an ongoing ticket issued Tmobile trouble engineering issue since day one where my data downloads are just not that great. Basically the first Sensation models were associated with the grip of deatcvh, where holding it a certain way would kill your data. The antenna is in the case and if you do hold it a cerain way you will cause data issues. The original fixes were toggling airplane mode or the cipher on/off from the phone dialer menu. HTC and TMobile both state that the update to 2.3.4 Android was supposed to fix a majority of these issues. But a certain number of users including myself, are still plagued with terrible data connectivity at times. Unless I have a full H (4G) and all the bars, it's like waiting for paint to dry sometimes just loading a browser up. Anyways, the newer radio seems to help my cause a small amount. If I'm in a good reception area with all bars and H I can get 5-6Mbps on tests such as Netspeed etc. Normally I get 500Kbps to maybe 1.3 Mbps at best.

This past weekend they were supposed to either give me a fix, or give me an option for another phone. Personally, want to wait for the Galaxy2 on TMobile, or even Nexus Prime?

I know...wishfull thinking. This phone is awsome on Wifi, so I'm not giving up. Just an explanation for my flashing the later radio, which was used with the XE ROM I was trying out, in between versions here, plus to dx WiFi calling that works on that ROM.

Anyways.......Kudos for the awesome sound. Playing a movie here as I type and my family keeps telling me to turn it down. That's a laugh :)

Gotta find that beer tab now to help you out. Thanks again.....

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest TripNRaVeR

If you compare the 159 RILD with my files you know that it aint true therefore i dont respond to the other user.

I have flashed the XE radio myself and use this one in this rom. Dont know what problem is.

Guest farfromovin

Anyone know if Mms is normal size now? or is it still very small?

If you would have taken the time to read the last 24hrs worth of posts (not that much), you would find that they're larger than post it size, but not very large. IMO, they're good enough for mms. Really, if you're trying to send a wallpaper or archival photo to someone, email is the way to go lol.

Anyone have any luck updating the market? That's my only (very little) thing I don't care for. I also really wish miui china wouldn't have removed the option to turn off wallpaper scrolling. That's an essential option IMO. They'll probably put it back though I'm sure.

You can always download wallpaper wizardrii from the market. Its a free app and it is what I use to make wallpapers fit my screen and make them non-scrollable. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Guest Raycaster3

You can always download wallpaper wizardrii from the market. Its a free app and it is what I use to make wallpapers fit my screen and make them non-scrollable. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Nice one! I have that app and hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks!

Guest DeezNotes

If you would have taken the time to read the last 24hrs worth of posts (not that much), you would find that they're larger than post it size, but not very large. IMO, they're good enough for mms. Really, if you're trying to send a wallpaper or archival photo to someone, email is the way to go lol.

A proper change log on the first page might solve repeated questions like this.

Guest Raycaster3

MIUI Backup still doesnt work. Mine backs up everything but apps, then all apps just cancel fail. Anyone else?

Same. It does that for all system settings and wifi data as well. Everything else works

Guest Valerio191

Same. It does that for all system settings and wifi data as well. Everything else works

Titanium Backup restores everything perfectly (folders, desktop, apps, wifi).

Guest callmexist

That's funny. Small world. I have been using Act 1 video player for a long time. It is a paid app, but does so many extras. Newest add on was ability to change volume by simply dragging finger up and down anywhere on screen during playback. I have to say, with Trips sound stuff, I am using 75% volume right now and I am hard of hearing. 100% is way to loud. It does clip also at full volume. 75-80% volume is awesome. I can't believe how loud it is right now.

Small world indeed man, act 1 was the video app that I switch from :D mx also has this feature, if you drag your finger up and down on the right side of the screen, it'll control the volume and on the left side it'll control the display brightness, same with dragging left and right to rewind and fast forward, :D

Guest Raycaster3

Titanium Backup restores everything perfectly (folders, desktop, apps, wifi).

That's what I use I'm just reporting what happened when I tested miui backup on my device.