[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest theseanteam

Slight OC to 1.4Ghz

Small improvements

How do you anticipate the overclock will affect battery life? If I am concerned about maximizing my time away from the charger, am I better off with the original kernel or do the small improvements make up / worth the OC?

Thanks again!

Guest Louis Santos

How do you anticipate the overclock will affect battery life? If I am concerned about maximizing my time away from the charger, am I better off with the original kernel or do the small improvements make up / worth the OC?

Thanks again!

good question, I'm very interested in this answer also. One other thing trip, is it possible to start releasing incremental updates? Having to put all my icons into folders each time I flash a new version sucksss, either that or get the desktop backup function working? thanks.

Guest theseanteam

To those on T-Mobile USA... is Wi-Fi calling working on 8B?

Thanks!

Tried to restore from Titanium Back-up and got an FC. Would love to have this back as coverage in my office sucks.

Mahalo in advance.

Guest bryancotton84

good question, I'm very interested in this answer also. One other thing trip, is it possible to start releasing incremental updates? Having to put all my icons into folders each time I flash a new version sucksss, either that or get the desktop backup function working? thanks.

i havent flashed this yet but you dont have to have it OC to 1.4, download setcpu and you can change the clock to whatever...and why dont you use titanium backup to backup all your files?

Guest Raycaster3

i havent flashed this yet but you dont have to have it OC to 1.4, download setcpu and you can change the clock to whatever...and why dont you use titanium backup to backup all your files?

Don't use setcpu for overclocking/underclocking it does not work right with dual core processors. There are only two apps available right now that do Suppprt dual core. One is SYSTEM TUNER (available in the market) and the other is FAUX CLOCK (found in the sensation development section of rootzwiki forum). Don't take my word for it. Do some reading and you'll see I'm right. Enjoy

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Louis Santos

I do but TB won't back up how I organize my desktop- only the miui backup program will. I take all the icons all the app icons and put them into folders be I hate having like 5 home screens used up for nothing. But I have to do this every time I need to update lol.

Guest Raycaster3

I do but TB won't back up how I organize my desktop- only the miui backup program will. I take all the icons all the app icons and put them into folders be I hate having like 5 home screens used up for nothing. But I have to do this every time I need to update lol.

I've restored my desktop layout using tb before but it didn't work this past time. You backup the launcher and then restore data only. I've had it work for three builds or so (since MIUI desktop and wifi settings back up quit working).

Trip the audio is really good man. I've been a loud music player and listener for a long time and I think the volume in the headphones is pretty darn good. Nice work cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Louis Santos

I've restored my desktop layout using tb before but it didn't work this past time. You backup the launcher and then restore data only. I've had it work for three builds or so (since MIUI desktop and wifi settings back up quit working).

Trip the audio is really good man. I've been a loud music player and listener for a long time and I think the volume in the headphones is pretty darn good. Nice work cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

I batch backup all my USER APPS and data, should I just backup the data of the launcher manually? Does it not fall into the category of user apps? I will have to try this tho because I hate doing that over and over again!

Guest Raycaster3

I batch backup all my USER APPS and data, should I just backup the data of the launcher manually? Does it not fall into the category of user apps? I will have to try this tho because I hate doing that over and over again!

I think it would be under the "data" section. BUT it did not work for the latest build. I restored like I usually do thru tb and it was all weird. Coulda been a fluke but I mean you could try since all it would do is unorganize a bunch of unorganized apps. ;)

I think it would be under the "data" section. BUT it did not work for the latest build. I restored like I usually do thru tb and it was all weird. Coulda been a fluke but I mean you could try since all it would do is unorganize a bunch of unorganized apps. ;)

It did not work because the launcher has changed. Trip has changed it from hacked 5x4 to the "official" 4x4 launcher. Therefore most probably the layout of data has changed and the old Titanium Backup did not work.

Refresh the backup of the launcher settings and you should be good to go. (Just a shot in the wild)

Guest Raycaster3

It did not work because the launcher has changed. Trip has changed it from hacked 5x4 to the "official" 4x4 launcher. Therefore most probably the layout of data has changed and the old Titanium Backup did not work.

Refresh the backup of the launcher settings and you should be good to go. (Just a shot in the wild)

I know it didn't work this time. And btw he changed to the 4x4 format two builds ago (three if you count jft version) and it worked on those versions for me..... Anyhow,that's why I said it was worth a try since the apps are already unorganized. Maybe your idea will work... Who knows? It is still beta so in the mot-so-distant future I imagine we'll see full functionality with the MIUI backup. I LOVE how seamless full wipe installs are with that!

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Chilled26

First: I must say this is the best ROM for the Sensation that I've ever used! Much thanks to the developer(s) for their hard work. I've just got one small problem....the market keeps fc'ing and I don't understand why. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

I know it didn't work this time. And btw he changed to the 4x4 format two builds ago (three if you count jft version) and it worked on those versions for me..... Anyhow,that's why I said it was worth a try since the apps are already unorganized. Maybe your idea will work... Who knows? It is still beta so in the mot-so-distant future I imagine we'll see full functionality with the MIUI backup. I LOVE how seamless full wipe installs are with that!

Well there is one thing I would like to mention.. the first time I installed JST 8 I couldn't backup my customized theme.. Because I was having problems with the Market I cleaned everything did a fresh install and the second time around I was able to backup my theme..

So it means.. MIUI does act strange (as I have heard before). @Raycaster3 I tried the same method of getting the new Market as you mentioned it didn't work for me.

So that just proves it that MIUI is a weird class Rom.. You never know what is not gonna work.

First: I must say this is the best ROM for the Sensation that I've ever used! Much thanks to the developer(s) for their hard work. I've just got one small problem....the market keeps fc'ing and I don't understand why. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

My friend just do another fresh install.. It is just how it is gonna work. If you are interested in the new Market 3.1.5 plz don't bother about it. People have lost track of time trying to sort a fix but none have succeeded.

Guest AndroidStud

You know I really did start off on a bad foot here.I sincerely apolagize to all I have offended.I am merely a fan of tripnmiui and have been using it since the initial build.reading over some of the ladder post in the thread yesterday I immediately assumed there was a lot of hostility being directed toward the trip for something he could/has not been able to focus on especially when factoring one of his reply post stating that this is still Just For Testing .I assume the final product will be more feature rich and stable.Whatever the case I felt prompted to register and speak my thoughts in defense of trip.But unfortunately I had made a determination based only on a sum of things instead of taking the whole into consideration.My outburst was hostile and offensive,my language abusive and inexcusable.For that I do sincerely apolagize.For future reference bar I do not get banned for my repulsive initial post I will most certainly refrain for having such immediate hostility and steer clear of detracting from the progress of a thread/project.My bad,please give me a 2nd chance and don't judge me upon this idiocracy,I'm not a bad person,just a fan who lost his cool and got overzealous.

all forgiven....much love to you and respect..

Guest Chilled26

My friend just do another fresh install.. It is just how it is gonna work. If you are interested in the new Market 3.1.5 plz don't bother about it. People have lost track of time trying to sort a fix but none have succeeded.

But the market keeps automatically updating to 3.1.5.

Guest Raycaster3

You know I really did start off on a bad foot here.I sincerely apolagize to all I have offended.I am merely a fan of tripnmiui and have been using it since the initial build.reading over some of the ladder post in the thread yesterday I immediately assumed there was a lot of hostility being directed toward the trip for something he could/has not been able to focus on especially when factoring one of his reply post stating that this is still Just For Testing .I assume the final product will be more feature rich and stable.Whatever the case I felt prompted to register and speak my thoughts in defense of trip.But unfortunately I had made a determination based only on a sum of things instead of taking the whole into consideration.My outburst was hostile and offensive,my language abusive and inexcusable.For that I do sincerely apolagize.For future reference bar I do not get banned for my repulsive initial post I will most certainly refrain for having such immediate hostility and steer clear of detracting from the progress of a thread/project.My bad,please give me a 2nd chance and don't judge me upon this idiocracy,I'm not a bad person,just a fan who lost his cool and got overzealous.

It's all under the bridge now bro. I apologize for name-calling as well. Let's take a do-over.

Guest cordell383

So will System Turner or FauxClock work effectively with the new kernel or do need to use the new update as well... also any good tips to maximize battery life...

Thanks again Trip.....Awesome work...