[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Raycaster3

Using another kernel in next release

Also new tweaks

without graphic tweaks quadrant 3100

with graphic tweaks quadrant almost 3400

screenshot1315709881507.jpg

Just a small request if I may... could you maybe make a flashable T-Mobile USA mms/build.prop fix for us Yankees over here. I can deal if no but it would be cool. Then we could use for both roms.

By the way, you are the new official king of the sensation. Under a week with the device and busting out crazy sick roms outta nowhere. You're like the dark Knight son!

Guest cordell383

Yes please do that, it would be awesome to have that mms fix. unless of coarse you tell us that the update will be out soon and it will fix it......HINT HINT......

Guest Raycaster3

So you have to add the build.prop and default.XML files edits.I was trying to add the build and Mms.apk edits....

There is a post in this thread that explains how to do it all and he explains it a lot better than I could ever do.

I saw that one indeed, and tought why not give it a go :rolleyes: The result is this rom here. Hopefully the users from xda will check here once in a while and hopefully some will join and start using this. The release will be tomorow. Maybe i get the wifi issue also solved then.

edit:

Quadrant score is almost 2900, dont know if this is good or bad cause i'm in the Sensation world for just 2 days now (prev. xperia x10)

Anyone who knows what some good or bad quadrant results would be?

edit 2:

yes sound is fully working, as a "start off" present i will include "xLoud - Mobile sound improvement" by Sony Ericsson. designed for the Xperia Arc and soon also available on the Sensation

2900 is the best sensation can score in quadrant...

Man , u are putting good features of all phones and all the roms together in 1 phone... I am pretty sure that u will change Sensation experiance to the core like u did in our x10.

I do miss ur daily release of updates and our flash party on x10. Even I am busy with my routine now and not flashing much roms nowadays...

M still on x10. not sure when i will get sensation. but my best regards for ur work , fame and family....

Thanx :)

Neel

Guest cordell383

The Hell with it... i will just wait till the updates are ready. Ive tried all the possible ways to add the Mms.apk, the build prop line and the modified build.prop and it always aborts the install.... So I'm going to let the experts work t it and will just.................wait.

Edited by cordell383

So xda have closed the thread about this rom, I don't pretend to know or understand the reasons but I can't help but see this as ridiculous, seems they want to harm development of this phone and therefore harm the user experience of sensation owners, not conductive to a good community forum, just my opinion as a fairly long time xda user, as you can guess this has annoyed be quite a bit

Guest Docmjldds

At the end is fine. But I couldn't find the damn default.XML to make the necessary edits there. Oh well there is that app posted in the op over on xda

Because Sense ROMs are NOT the same as MIUI/CM7. There is no default.xml. Use the mms.apk file I was credited with in the OP's FAQ and you get 275Kb sized MMS pix.

That really is pretty darn good. Not as good as the tweaks I mentioned using default.xml, but hey, this IS a messaging application. Supposed to be quick as possible. Otherwise just use GMAIL

and attach a file that way if you want bigger and badder. But 275Kb sized mms files should really be quite adequate.

For those others that may have NOT seen this, I am posting a link to the file. Discoverted this on MIUI Thread on XDA for the Nexus One as a fix for TMobileUSA users. Push to /system/app, fix permissions

and reboot is required.

mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl <<<mms.apk file

So xda have closed the thread about this rom, I don't pretend to know or understand the reasons but I can't help but see this as ridiculous, seems they want to harm development of this phone and therefore harm the user experience of sensation owners, not conductive to a good community forum, just my opinion as a fairly long time xda user, as you can guess this has annoyed be quite a bit

I know, the rom is not allowed ?!?!?! Its the base of all the other working non-sense roms, and its not allowed??!!?!? And I got warned for starting the thread...

Trip must of really pissed them off haha ;) Anyways, Ive been using XDA for so long, and it goes to s*** little by little with all the drama and whatnot, I hope that this forum gets better, and with more user base, so we can all move in here, and forget about the TNT-XDA (They know Drama!)

Thanks for the great rom again Trip, and I am sorry that they did not allow me to make it more popular in the XDA world.

Guest Docmjldds

The Hell with it... i will just wait till the updates are ready. Ive tried all the possible ways to add the Mms.apk, the build prop line and the modified build.prop and it always aborts the install.... So I'm going to let the experts work t it and will just.................wait.

How are you actually applying or installing the apk file. Do you know how to use root explorer. It's a paid app that is on my absolute top applications ever for android. First, you have to make sure that where ever you are going, the folder MUST be set up as RW or Read Write. This is vs RO or read only. If a location is read only, then you will get a message basically stating not allowed to perform the operation. With root explorer, the top of the pages will have a mount R/O or Mount R/W. So click on R/W first so that the permissions for that FOLDERS are properly set. Then simply go back and click on parent folder till you can read the SD card contents. Look for the mms.apk file and long press the file and pick copy from the menu.You should now see a paste option at bottom of page. Now go back to system/app location, first clicking on parent folder top of the page, then /system, then app and use the paste button which you should have after the copy function. This operation will fail if you do NOT have the RW setting I mentioned. Finally, long press the mms.apk file again and choose permissions. You will see a bunch of boxes and check marks. The ONLY check marks that should be set up are as follows:

READ>>>owner, group,others all are checked

Write>>>Owner is the ONLY checked

The rest of the boxes are NOT checked. Hit OK and reboot. You should NOW have mms files of approx 275Kb or so in size. Make sure that what ever application you use, whether it is handcent, goSMSPro, or stock, in the menu settings MMS file sizes are 1M or 1000Kb. Do NOT choose the larger 1.2 or reference to 4G other sizes. This will actually make it worse.

Hope this helps. Root Explorer is your friend, much like Google is your friend with searches. Well worth the $.

There is also the linux push with adb commands, but most users here I believe would rather use a 'friendlier" method of accomplishing this.

Edited by Docmjldds

I know, the rom is not allowed ?!?!?! Its the base of all the other working non-sense roms, and its not allowed??!!?!? And I got warned for starting the thread...

Trip must of really pissed them off haha ;) Anyways, Ive been using XDA for so long, and it goes to s*** little by little with all the drama and whatnot, I hope that this forum gets better, and with more user base, so we can all move in here, and forget about the TNT-XDA (They know Drama!)

Thanks for the great rom again Trip, and I am sorry that they did not allow me to make it more popular in the XDA world.

Don't worry, people will find it one way or another. The word spreads quickly. I had no problem finding this thread.

Guest Docmjldds

You really should not be making comments based on personal feelings vs what the actual issues are. I would suggest you discussing with Trip as a pm and maybe he would explain the issues. Yes, I am a long time XDAer with over 3100 or so posts, as well as a long time supported here when I first started out with purchasing a NexusOne the first day it was available. There are good reason for the closure that go beyond what is meant for public posting here. Yes, I too would have enjoyed the cross posting between communities, but it was not to be. Posting of direct links on that thread didn't help matters for one. There are basic references in the general section for the Sensation which is about all one could really expect at this point. I don't make rules. I am NOT stating I was in any way in favor of the closing. I am only stating that as much as it would be nice to have had continued cross posting, it really went well beyond the general rules that XDA has had for a long time, in addition to issues NOT being stated here

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Docmjldds

so trip,any fix for the sms?cant send sms to a new number is ok for me.but cant recieve sms from a number which is not in the contacts will be a big issue for me

Open up the firewall application and in advanced settings look for anti-stranger mode. Click off. Or maybe just click disable firewall which appears to be default on. I am just guessing this is your issue. Probably a reboot too for good measure after you change firewall settings. You can get there from the menu application itself or by menu settings in the message app itself. Hope that works for you.

Open up the firewall application and in advanced settings look for anti-stranger mode. Click off. Or maybe just click disable firewall which appears to be default on. I am just guessing this is your issue. Probably a reboot too for good measure after you change firewall settings. You can get there from the menu application itself or by menu settings in the message app itself. Hope that works for you.

I made this stuff but didn't solved the bug. I put my important SMS partners to the contact list and problem solved:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Guest Docmjldds

I made this stuff but didn't solved the bug. I put my important SMS partners to the contact list and problem solved:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

OK...was only a guess based on what it looked like this app was doing. Thanks for reporting back anyways ;)