[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Arz Bhatia

This is great. The ROM can be stable once camera is working but no one really can help you with that Trip. Other than that, I don't think officially the LCD density should be changed to 270, 240 is amazing for a qHD display. What needs to be done is resizing the widgets. What we could do is firstly check the stylesheet values of widget of a Sense based rom and paste those values into the stylesheets of the MIUI widgets.

This is great. The ROM can be stable once camera is working but no one really can help you with that Trip. Other than that, I don't think officially the LCD density should be changed to 270, 240 is amazing for a qHD display. What needs to be done is resizing the widgets. What we could do is firstly check the stylesheet values of widget of a Sense based rom and paste those values into the stylesheets of the MIUI widgets.

I agree with you, I've bought this phone because more fits on the screen than with the Desire HD.

And with Roms on the Desire HD I always had a problem with downloading apps from the Market with an altered LCD Density. (I used to set it to 220 or 210, and the market told me some apps were incompatible with my device).

Guest cordell383

Docmjldds

Thanks for the help... but what i was doing was trying to do was, open the ROM zip, open the app folder, remove the orig. mms.apk file, then put in the new modified one you have. but that doesn't work.Also i was trying to just manually add the build.prop lines from you other post to the build.prop file. Then rezip it and try to instal,none of that works....

Thanks

There is a workaround for the messaging app FC and sending SMS to a new number.

Go to contacts, select any contact already in your list and choose to text them. After you get to the new text screen, you can delete the recipient and write a number to text to. I haven't actually tried if the text goes through, but typing a number in the To: field does not FC. I think there's still a problem with the receiving part tho - you can't receive texts from unknown numbers.

Can someone confirm this please as I can't test this because I usually don't text strangers. smile.gif

Still, there's a new version of this great ROM just around the corner and we can all patiently wait for the bugs to get squashed.

Great rom! Been using it as my daily since it came out!

Something puzzles me about the LCD density though. How come widgets and lockscreens are the only ones not aligned and smaller? icons are ok, menus are ok, pulldown and pop up notifications are alright.. (yes I know next to nothing about programming). Still, I'll be eagerly waiting for the next update.

Guest Raycaster3

Because Sense ROMs are NOT the same as MIUI/CM7. There is no default.xml. Use the mms.apk file I was credited with in the OP's FAQ and you get 275Kb sized MMS pix.

That really is pretty darn good. Not as good as the tweaks I mentioned using default.xml, but hey, this IS a messaging application. Supposed to be quick as possible. Otherwise just use GMAIL

and attach a file that way if you want bigger and badder. But 275Kb sized mms files should really be quite adequate.

For those others that may have NOT seen this, I am posting a link to the file. Discoverted this on MIUI Thread on XDA for the Nexus One as a fix for TMobileUSA users. Push to /system/app, fix permissions

and reboot is required.

mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl <<<mms.apk file

Thanks my man. I figured I was looking in the wrong place. Appreciate the help

The TripNDroid rom will have 240 as density. The release will be today.

Excellent cant wait and who cares if they closed the thread on xda I would rather have less people knowing about the awesome roms we have here.

I love this Rom..please make a language pack so i can use it as daily rom..please

If you speak some English you don't miss the life inside the phone:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Edited by tomS01

I also registered due to this rom being released, can't say I'm too happy about XDA closing the thread but I partly understand. Just wish they would have made some kind of exception as this is a major breakthrough in the sensations development. XDA members could have surely helped with squashing the bugs, but to each their own I guess. It just go so tiring seeing nothing but a remake of the same old rom with each new "custom" release. I thought for sure that the good ole days were gone.

Keep up the good work man, you're making me like my phone again lol. Hell I even pulled out my hd2 last night just to play with because you've re-ignited my flashing addiction.

Edited by KhanSW

Guest psionicsin

Honestly XDA had NO BASIS for removing that thread. If that's the case then they need to delete this one as well (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916930) as it's in the development thread, but has no link to actual files, but a redirect to a site/repository to download them (just like the thread with this ROM on XDA was). So what's REALLY the issue with them?

On the flip side @TripNRaVeR

I see that you stated that this ROM will carry the 240 density. Does this mean that 240 really works, and that you've found the issue with the alignment for widgets and lockscreen? Or you're sticking with 240 and if it needs to be changed then it's up to us?

Guest Docmjldds

Docmjldds

Thanks for the help... but what i was doing was trying to do was, open the ROM zip, open the app folder, remove the orig. mms.apk file, then put in the new modified one you have. but that doesn't work.Also i was trying to just manually add the build.prop lines from you other post to the build.prop file. Then rezip it and try to instal,none of that works....

Thanks

Signing the app correctly is the issue I believe for trying to just manually replace the mms in rom.zip. As for build.prop I routinely edit build.prop to my needs in any number of Rom.zips I may install. Using 7-Zip you can basicaly rename build.prop to build.prop.txt and add lines etc and save it "internally" to the zip file. That does work with no problems.