[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hi Guys,

Can can someone please comment about the exchange issue that I have been facing? I changed the ROM to insertcon and it worked fine. So basically it worked fine Revolution HD and Insertcoing ROM. I really want to continue using MIUI. Can someone please suggest something?

since miui mail client is specific only to this rom (and its closed source) it's most likely that they didn't build the support for whatever policies your are using, and which are present in the "stock" android client.

dunno if you can use the CM7 mail client on Miui, you can give it a try.

Insertcoin & co are based off "official" HTC releases so they include the HTC mail client. Unfortunately this won't work (or shouldn't work w/o the framework) on MIUI releases.

Guest jtsin67

I use CM7 mail client on this and the other miui rom. No issues.

since miui mail client is specific only to this rom (and its closed source) it's most likely that they didn't build the support for whatever policies your are using, and which are present in the "stock" android client.

Insertcoin & co are based off "official" HTC releases so they include the HTC mail client. Unfortunately this won't work (or shouldn't work w/o the framework) on MIUI releases.

Guest Gazza10

Hi Guys,

Can can someone please comment about the exchange issue that I have been facing? I changed the ROM to insertcon and it worked fine. So basically it worked fine Revolution HD and Insertcoing ROM. I really want to continue using MIUI. Can someone please suggest something?

I use exchange to sync my calendar and contacts only. I use RoadSync for my email as it syncs my folders and notifies when I receive emails in them.smile.gif

The stock email app does not notify me if emails arrive in any other folders than my inbox.

Guest Sly Cooper

Does MIUI mail client support ActiveSync? I believe yes. If yes then these are just ActiveSync policies.

I use CM7 mail client on this and the other miui rom. No issues.

Can you guys please tell me how to get CM7 mail client on MIUI?

I use exchange to sync my calendar and contacts only. I use RoadSync for my email as it syncs my folders and notifies when I receive emails in them.smile.gif

The stock email app does not notify me if emails arrive in any other folders than my inbox.

Yep. No issues with RoadSync or Touchdown. Only problem with the stock client. I would like to have a combined mail box :).

Thank you all for looking into it.

i have also problem with miui email app

the problem is with my company policy and custom activesync port

when i add port to configuration i can't proceed further ...

touchdown works fine for me...

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip, please say something other than "Hey" :)

What should i say?

I just letting you know that i'm still working on things.. but thats all

Feeling kinda..... bad... to say the least

Now i'm convinced that this will never change i'm overthinking my options

That and only that is the reason for me not being here

Guest BummAround

What should i say?

Working on things is GREAT, Trip. It's GREAT.

Don't over-think.

Guest audiophile

Hey trip :) keep up the awesome work :D last kernal was great on battery so its awesome!

Just hoping to save you some work with your camera endeavours, http://www.xda-developers.com/android/br-cameramod-for-htc-sensation/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews this camermod has a version for miui/cyanogenmod. I haven't tried it on your probly. Yet so I'm not certain If it works as is :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip :) keep up the awesome work :D last kernal was great on battery so its awesome!

Just hoping to save you some work with your camera endeavours, http://www.xda-devel...ource=pulsenews this camermod has a version for miui/cyanogenmod. I haven't tried it on your probly. Yet so I'm not certain If it works as is :)

Thanks i will look in to it, maybe i can use some things.

Edit:

<LI>Higher bitrate values 8mbps up to 20mbps only HD working. ( 1080 not working due kernel or system )

Hmm that makes it kinda useless right?

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest BummAround

Just hoping to save you some work with your camera endeavours, http://www.xda-devel...ource=pulsenews this camermod has a version for miui/cyanogenmod. I haven't tried it on your probly. Yet so I'm not certain If it works as is :)

Sorry to interrupt, but I can confirm the said mod is not working, even worse probably just a placebo. Sorry.

Note: I forgot which build of TripNMIUI, but HD recording worked for 3+ mins by bumping up the voltage @384MHz (but didn't test further on stability), the builds after that didn't work anymore.

Edited by BummAround

Guest R1nGoStar_

What should i say?

Hey trip.

I'm just looking forward to your next (pre)release :D

Guest TripNRaVeR

I unlocked (alot) more ram

It boots till miui bootanimation then hangs, logcat gives dvm lib error

Also seems that data partition is moved due to unlock, anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Info:

Before:

[ 0.000000] Memory: 256MB 310MB = 566MB total
[ 0.000000] Memory: 565556k/565556k available, 14028k reserved, 317440K highmem
[/code] [b]After: [/b]
[code]
[ 0.000000] Memory: 256MB 320MB = 576MB total
[ 0.000000] Memory: 575884k/575884k available, 13940k reserved, 327680K highmem

Info:

Before:

[    0.000000] Memory: 256MB 310MB = 566MB total

[    0.000000] Memory: 565556k/565556k available, 14028k reserved, 317440K highmem

After:

[    0.000000] Memory: 256MB 320MB = 576MB total

[    0.000000] Memory: 575884k/575884k available, 13940k reserved, 327680K highmem

For what purpose was the extra memory allocated?

Guest BummAround

Info:

Before:

[    0.000000] Memory: 565556k/565556k available, 14028k reserved, 317440K highmem

After:

[    0.000000] Memory: 575884k/575884k available, 13940k reserved, 327680K highmem

Info is good, something is cooking.

May I asked why you need to unlock more RAM, Trip?

Guest volscian

Info:

Before:

After:

Yeah, just like everyone else here, kinda interested in why you've needed to increase the memory? However at the same time, interested in how you've gone about doing it, and just how far the memory changes can be pushed.

Guest BummAround

Update:

[    0.000000] Memory: 256MB 384MB = 640MB total

[    0.000000] Memory: 640756k/640756k available, 14604k reserved, 393216K highmem

Please, STABILITY above all, Trip. (and full HD too if that's not too much to ask). :D