[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'm going to release a new kernel for testing purposes only.

Kernel: TripNKernel ENDTIME 001

- JRCU

- V/® Scheduler

- ZIO Framework :)

- 70++ FPS in Antutu benchmark

- More

ZIO?

This RFC patch-set introduces the ZIO framework for input/output,

which will be used in the new series of drivers by the BE-CO-HT

group at CERN.

The use-case it is meant to cover is very fast I/O with

hardware-provided timestamps. The first production driver we will

support is a 100Ms/s 4-channel 14-bit ADC (developed on ohwr: see

http://www.ohwr.org/projects/fmc-adc-100m14b4cha ). We need similar

bandwidth on output.

The synchronization engine of that FMC card and other ones is going to

be White Rabbit (http://www.ohwr.org/projects/white-rabbit).

Currently, the patch-set includes one example driver (zio-zero)

that behaves like /dev/zero and /dev/urandom. Other drivers will

come soon, both demo and real hardware.

Slides for a tutorial on the design ideas are online here:

http://www.ohwr.org/attachments/881/zio-111123.pdf

A list of pending issues and development plans is online at:

http://www.ohwr.org/projects/zio/wiki/Todo

Edit:

Anyone knows where i can allocate the new gained 64mb memory? I dont feel like searching the whole source for it so if anonyone can say where its located..

That was the problem of not booting it, the max is 832mb internal ram on 1 memory bank, there should be 4 banks. When i'm forcing to use 512mb internal ram the system boots just fine, altough the last_kmsg shows 640mb available internal ram B)

Almost there..

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Mine says 253/555MB

It should be lower i hoped lol :unsure:

So that means 3mb extra to allocate :P

In that case i can just put those mb's back, i tought it would be at least 20mb less in my image

Guest TripNRaVeR

should we wipe or flash ontop?

edit1:

Wipe cache and dalvik

HD record reboots after 6s :(

HD record after 1.03 minutes NO REBOOT :)

Edit:

Updated kernel works best on clean install, there are so many new functions in this release that full wipe is highly recommended, but its users choice.

Also if you read back you see users reporting that camera will always need full wipe to let it function, otherwise even 720p isnt functioning correctly.

This can be flashed without any previous kernel.

Edit 2

camst.jpg

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Kernel updates:

- JRCU

- TripNRaVeR CPU Governor

- ZIO Framework (will be ported)

- Various patches

- Removed useless code

Ported from HTC Ruby:

- Adreno 220 drivers

- Various misc drivers

Ported from XE:

- HTC Beats

Small performance indication:

~ 6000 Antutu

max 70+ FPS

~ 3400 Quadrant

max 80+ FPS

Guest TripNRaVeR

Nice! Speed is quite improved since last kernel, also i notice you are download and benchmarking correct? So the scores can be higher :rolleyes:

Are you satisfied with the update?

Guest volscian

Nice! Speed is quite improved since last kernel, also i notice you are download and benchmarking correct? So the scores can be higher :rolleyes:

Are you satisfied with the update?

Well...overall I am satisfied, though I know you can get even better marks. The CPU Integer and CPU float-point could use a bit of work, but I'm fairly sure that's with speed. I've used Faux's 0.2.3 kernel overclocked at 1782 MHz, and have achieved a score of 7331 in Antutu, other than that, I'd say given the speed you're running it max right now you've probably got everyone else beat when it comes to the marks you can hit, 2D and 3D scores match that of other kernels running faster.

Guest volscian

Oh, and I should probably mention that I am using a bit of a modified build.prop, changed a few values and added some tweaks of my own, so they've likely helped bump up the score just a bit. If you want to take a look at it, I can send you a copy of my build.prop, just let me know.

Guest Valerio191

Can´t believe but your kernel runs better as faux with 1,7 ghz. I also get better results in antutu.

Very good kernel. Only HD recording doesn´t work. But that isn´t important for me.

Guest TripNRaVeR

When i updated to the last version of Antutu (was running 2.3.1) i inmediatly hit ~6400 so to be honest i dont really think those tweaks have really effect. Or it could be that those tweaks you added are allready included in the kernel and not inside build.prop. As you may know i try to remove always as much as possible from build.prop.

I hate to tweak/add things with build.prop i dont feel like its the right way. But no offence, thats just how i feel about it.

---

Edit:

---

I'm now working on getting it the later versions again, next version should be 2.6.36.4, stable. Previously i was to fast with upgrading versions which had a very negative effect on the performance and stability. So this time just one step at the time and make more backups lol :lol:

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest volscian

When i updated to the last version of Antutu (was running 2.3.1) i inmediatly hit ~6400 so to be honest i dont really think those tweaks have really effect. Or it could be that those tweaks you added are allready included in the kernel and not inside build.prop. As you may know i try to remove always as much as possible from build.prop.

I hate to tweak/add things with build.prop i dont feel like its the right way. But no offence, thats just how i feel about it.

---

Edit:

---

I'm now working on getting it the later versions again, next version should be 2.6.36.4, stable. Previously i was to fast with upgrading versions which had a very negative effect on the performance and stability. So this time just one step at the time and make more backups lol :lol:

No offense taken by any means. For me, it's the only real way I can do some specific tweaking, given I have no clue how to build or edit a kernel build. I am however going to someday soon give it a try, though I'm sure that'll just end in tears. lol. Any new releases you have for the kernel I would love to test out, if you need to run some tests just give me a shout, I don't mind if it's not a public release yet and my be problematic, I'd just love to help.

Guest BummAround

HD record after 1.03 minutes NO REBOOT :)

Edit:

Updated kernel works best on clean install, there are so many new functions in this release that full wipe is highly recommended, but its users choice.

Also if you read back you see users reporting that camera will always need full wipe to let it function, otherwise even 720p isnt functioning correctly.

This can be flashed without any previous kernel.

Trip,

the most annoying part of a full wipe is formatting /data (well, restoring it again is a hassle), but oh well....

btw, HD (1080p) recording still freezes & reboots (I only wipe /system, /sd-ext, /cache, and /dalvik-cache, not "clean" enough?)

Guest volscian

Trip,

the most annoying part of a full wipe is formatting /data (well, restoring it again is a hassle), but oh well....

btw, HD (1080p) recording still freezes & reboots (I only wipe /system, /sd-ext, /cache, and /dalvik-cache, not "clean" enough?)

I did a full wipe and format of every partition of my phone, and then did a clean install of the rom and the kernel, and I'm still getting crashes on HD recording within seconds (last one was actually 1 second). I'm going to be testing different speed combinations, and different governers, I'll report back any successes I have through the next day or so.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I did a recording with logcat on with a previous kernel but it shows nothing really, only one thing about the max size being reached of something and that was about it, after time it just reboots :mellow: Could it be camera app?

Edit:

For me, it's the only real way I can do some specific tweaking, given I have no clue how to build or edit a kernel build. I am however going to someday soon give it a try, though I'm sure that'll just end in tears. lol.

Well my source will be made public so you can always start with that. Also you dont need build.prop after all, you can just put them inside the ramdisk. Thats what i do and always did for the most part.

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest BummAround

I did a recording with logcat on with a previous kernel but it shows nothing really, only one thing about the max size being reached of something and that was about it, after time it just reboots :mellow: Could it be camera app?

Trip, suppose it's the camera app, which camera app you'd suggest then? Back to the one from S0107B? :mellow:

Guest TripNRaVeR

Trip, suppose it's the camera app, which camera app you'd suggest then? Back to the one from S0107B? :mellow:

I have no clue :unsure: I checked the whole camera app but cant find anything wrong, but also the kernel shows nothing worng :huh:

Is this bug still in CM7 or have they fixed it?

Guest BummAround

I have no clue :unsure: I checked the whole camera app but cant find anything wrong, but also the kernel shows nothing worng :huh:

Is this bug still in CM7 or have they fixed it?

--edited--

From S0106B on (your build where voltage couldn't be edited anymore), this 1080p has been prone to freezes & reboots. No clue as what is the real cause.

Your ROM is very solid, if only 1080p recording and A2DP worked, that will be super solid. I don't really care about wifi calling or theme alteration/manipulations etc.

Edited by BummAround