[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest -JuAnItO-

Trip...can u give me a replay by u ??

many people love the new android market and many people love old market like u

if i install the new market i can't install any app..can u fix that and make the new market add-on ??

Guest TripNRaVeR

Trip...can u give me a replay by u ??

many people love the new android market and many people love old market like u

if i install the new market i can't install any app..can u fix that and make the new market add-on ??

Lol how is it possible the only messages you post is about a FREAKIN market, that is the most anoying i have ever seen. How can you ask for just an simple slightly different lookin app when things like bluetooth are not fully functional?

Excuse me but how can that be? Really i cannot understand that sort of questions on a development rom, like if i dont have other things to do?

There is, and there never will be, a reason to work on the Market, the old market does exactly the same. So again how can you ask for just a different lookin app when it doesnt even improve the rom. It doesnt help anyone

Just because some people like the overrated and bling bling glossy look of the new market i should include it? I should fix it? And let all other things the way they are and fix an app just because it looks different?

Really everyone that is requesting that doesnt get it, they just dont get it.

They need to install a FINAL rom, not a development rom

Why dont you fix it yourself? What stops you? You can learn and then fix it. I need to learn also new stuff to fix things, but there is hardly a user that also have that commitment they only ask ask ask ask and say "oh i dont know how to fix" so what? just learn it

ps. nothing personal, this is for everyone requesting the new market

Ok volume wake does work set screen off clock speed to 384 just gotta hold the button in a bit longer yes their is a delay on it

Edited by Dano79

Guest volscian

Lol how is it possible the only messages you post is about a FREAKIN market, that is the most anoying i have ever seen. How can you ask for just an simple slightly different lookin app when things like bluetooth are not fully functional?

Excuse me but how can that be? Really i cannot understand that sort of questions on a development rom, like if i dont have other things to do?

There is, and there never will be, a reason to work on the Market, the old market does exactly the same. So again how can you ask for just a different lookin app when it doesnt even improve the rom. It doesnt help anyone

Just because some people like the overrated and bling bling glossy look of the new market i should include it? I should fix it? And let all other things the way they are and fix an app just because it looks different?

Really everyone that is requesting that doesnt get it, they just dont get it.

They need to install a FINAL rom, not a development rom

Why dont you fix it yourself? What stops you? You can learn and then fix it. I need to learn also new stuff to fix things, but there is hardly a user that also have that commitment they only ask ask ask ask and say "oh i dont know how to fix" so what? just learn it

ps. nothing personal, this is for everyone requesting the new market

Love it Trip! To be honest, given that the market hasn't particularly functioned properly for a while, I've used an older copy of Titanium Backup to restore all my old stuff, and everything I need beyond that I tend to find using the 4Shared.com app, and I'm set.

I have tomorrow off yet, I'll tinker around with the Market and see what can be done with it, partially for personal development, and partially so that people leave you alone about it. I agree that it is annoying seeing that as the vast majority of the issues whereas people could be commenting on HWacceleration, BT, and more practical things such as that.

Guest Valerio191

so you dont have compass issue?? download a compass and see if it works....

I didn´t test compass. If I´can´t install my apps I always prefer to change the ROM.

Why not ? its one of the many awesome features of Miui I just used it works great

It works great until you decide to switch to a non MIUI ROM. :) Titanium works great for me, but I'm using an older version.

Guest superas

Is there a way to up the volume on this? Both speaker and headset is almost inaudible. I tried Volume+ but it didn't work

EDIT: It's definetly something in the new RC. I flashed back to 1.0 and it's loud again. Hopefully something you can fix easily

+1 Yes headset is almost inaudible.

and I tried to pair my sony ericsson mw600 bluetooth headset, unfortunately they couldn't connected, they are still waiting each other for pairing.

Guest o0rebelious0o

I've found the audio all round on the RC release to be very quiet whether through headset or speaker. I have also found a bug with the ICS keyboard. It is replicable after reboots and a re-flash of the rom. Here is the FC Report Dump:

longMsg:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.onDoubleTapShiftKey

stackTrace:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.onDoubleTapShiftKey

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.access$4(LatinKeyboardView.java:347)

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView$DoubleTapListener.onDoubleTapEvent(LatinKeyboardView.java:196)

at android.view.GestureDetector.onTouchEvent(GestureDetector.java:488)

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.processMotionEvent(LatinKeyboardView.java:502)

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.SuddenJumpingTouchEventHandler.onTouchEvent(SuddenJumpingTouchEventHandler.java:156)

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.onTouchEvent(LatinKeyboardView.java:482)

at android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent(View.java:3886)

at com.android.inputmethod.keyboard.LatinKeyboardView.dispatchTouchEvent(LatinKeyboardView.java:633)

at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:875)

at com.android.inputmethod.latin.InputView.dispatchTouchEvent(InputView.java:58)

at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.superDispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1794)

at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.superDispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1132)

at android.app.Dialog.dispatchTouchEvent(Dialog.java:642)

at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.dispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1778)

at android.view.ViewRoot.deliverPointerEvent(ViewRoot.java:2208)

at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1892)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3703)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

As you can see it's caused by a call to a non-existant method when you double tap on the shift button which would normally hold the keyboard as capitalized on older versions. I'm aware that holding the shift button down also holds capitalized.

I don't know if modding APKs is something you do as part of the dev process or if its an error with all ICS keyboards :rolleyes:

Guest r00tk1t

[bug report]

12.2 RC1.1 : Phone crashed + hot reboot anytime I attempt to read a mail in gmail

I have this issue too, sometimes when i try to open NewsRob app or Gmail or Themes in Settings...etc

Guest Gazza10

[bug report]

12.2 RC1.1 : Phone crashed + hot reboot anytime I attempt to read a mail in gmail

Gmail and Exchange mail are working fine for me. I have been using this since it was released and it is running well.

Guest Bathyon

I also have very low volume in calls as reported earlier by some users. I didn't have this in rc1. It started with 1.1.

My browser bookmark soft reboot bug seems to have disapeared with 1.1 which is good.

Can't think of any issues other than the volume right now. Great work!

Guest Simon O

Trip is entitled not to release the kernel code until the rom has been finalised. No more trolling, name calling or other general bad behaviour in this thread or any others. I know several members have come from other forums purely to cause trouble, and this ends now.

Trip is entitled not to release the kernel code until the rom has been finalised. No more trolling, name calling or other general bad behaviour in this thread or any others. I know several members have come from other forums purely to cause trouble, and this ends now.

Ok, the trolling stop's,

Just note this:

The Very Quick Summary of General Public License (GPL)

The GPL states that anyone who modifies GPL licenced code is required to make available the sources used to compile it. This is to further improve and encourage collaborative work, as well as to ensure that the best code possible is produced, and to encourage peer-review of all work. This benefits both developers and end users in numerous ways, including:

Allowing anyone to verify the code they are trusting with their data, and its authenticity

Encouraging community collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates, and better code

Helping bring new developments from other devices and fields to your own, letting you benefit from new code that wouldn’t have been available without this sharing.

The GPL imparts great freedom for GPL end users. It ensures innovation is never stifled and no project is dependent upon any single developer.

It is in everyone’s interest for the GPL to be adhered to, as it gives us all better ROMs, better transparency, and a better atmosphere for developers to work together to make great code.

Source: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a ) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

b ) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

c ) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)

So, no more name calling.

Now please argue I am wrong...

Edited by klutsh