[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest boldtaction

Ok, the trolling stop's,

Just note this:

The Very Quick Summary of General Public License (GPL)

The GPL states that anyone who modifies GPL licenced code is required to make available the sources used to compile it. This is to further improve and encourage collaborative work, as well as to ensure that the best code possible is produced, and to encourage peer-review of all work. This benefits both developers and end users in numerous ways, including:

Allowing anyone to verify the code they are trusting with their data, and its authenticity

Encouraging community collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates, and better code

Helping bring new developments from other devices and fields to your own, letting you benefit from new code that wouldn’t have been available without this sharing.

The GPL imparts great freedom for GPL end users. It ensures innovation is never stifled and no project is dependent upon any single developer.

It is in everyone’s interest for the GPL to be adhered to, as it gives us all better ROMs, better transparency, and a better atmosphere for developers to work together to make great code.

Source: http://www.gnu.org/l...es/gpl-2.0.html

So, no more name calling.

Now please argue I am wrong...

No one is saying you're wrong. Trip just doesn't want to release it, for better or for worse.

I think the method you are using to confront him about it is inappropriate, send him a PM or an email. If he doesn't respond, move on or sue him.

Harassing him will not end well for anyone...

Guest manelriells

Trolling stops the guy said.... said by a definition of troll,so funny, call the police or cry to your mama and come back to xda,the web of the android experts... this is funnier...salute

Guest Louis Santos

Hey just a quick question guys, will Extended Settings ever work with this mod? Is there a mod that does? Basically I just want to hide icon labels so if anyone else can point me in the direction of how to do this without Extended Settings, I'm all ears to that too! thanks guys.

Guest mackgk1

Hey just a quick question guys, will Extended Settings ever work with this mod? Is there a mod that does? Basically I just want to hide icon labels so if anyone else can point me in the direction of how to do this without Extended Settings, I'm all ears to that too! thanks guys.

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I love this ROM and appreciate all the work that has gone into it; however, the only thing holding it back from being perfect, in my opinion, is the lack of compatibility with Extended Settings. When Extended Settings is flashed, it causes force closes with Status Bar and, as far I can remember, it hasn't ever worked with this ROM. I know it works on the MIUI.us ROM, but I don't like that one at all and prefer TripNMiUI.

Trip: Any chance you can look into this? Thanks man =)

Guest BummAround

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

The Very Quick Summary of General Public License (GPL)

The GPL states that anyone who modifies GPL licenced code is required to make available the sources used to compile it. This is to further improve and encourage collaborative work, as well as to ensure that the best code possible is produced, and to encourage peer-review of all work. This benefits both developers and end users in numerous ways, including:

Allowing anyone to verify the code they are trusting with their data, and its authenticity

Encouraging community collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates, and better code

Helping bring new developments from other devices and fields to your own, letting you benefit from new code that wouldn’t have been available without this sharing.

The GPL imparts great freedom for GPL end users. It ensures innovation is never stifled and no project is dependent upon any single developer.

It is in everyone’s interest for the GPL to be adhered to, as it gives us all better ROMs, better transparency, and a better atmosphere for developers to work together to make great code.

Source: http://www.gnu.org/l...es/gpl-2.0.html

YADA YADA YADA

"This is to further improve and encourage collaborative work"

..And an army of half-witted dev-wannabes will shamelessly claim a ROM as his/hers/theirs without giving credits to the real developer.

"[T]he best code possible is produced"

This is only possible if TRIP work with equally bright minds (scott95 of the xda included among others, very few though).

"[C]ommunity collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates"

...Or series of very badword up builds if worked among "the half-witted big mouths".

Edited by BummAround

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I love this ROM and appreciate all the work that has gone into it; however, the only thing holding it back from being perfect, in my opinion, is the lack of compatibility with Extended Settings. When Extended Settings is flashed, it causes force closes with Status Bar and, as far I can remember, it hasn't ever worked with this ROM. I know it works on the MIUI.us ROM, but I don't like that one at all and prefer TripNMiUI.

Trip: Any chance you can look into this? Thanks man =)

It will never work correctly untill i put it in, i could make an addon. Give me the proper link and i will fix the addon.

It has to do with my customisations

Guest Surfinette

Can't people stop trolling in this thread one way or the other! And just be thankful for the OP for developing a Rom that is not officially supported by miui.

I'm tired to read all this bulls**t threads after threads (oops turning into a troll myself :blink: )

Please, stick to the point, ie help Trip improve his rom, report bugs, etc...

Surfinette

Edited by Surfinette

Guest Louis Santos

It will never work correctly untill i put it in, i could make an addon. Give me the proper link and i will fix the addon.

It has to do with my customisations

Thanks for responding trip! I figured once you get all the tripn' droid settings working, we won't even need this mod, but for now here is the proper link:

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

Also is there anyway you can get a 5x4 launcher working for your rom??? I and I think a few other people would love that. I really appreciate you ignoring all the stupid drama above and responding to the REAL purpose of this forum, making the rom the best it can be. Thanks bro!

Guest Louis Santos

5x4 gridsize would be so great. Trip plz make it real.

Yeah trip this would actually attract a good amount of attention and I believe you've done this before in between versions of this very rom.

Guest Louis Santos

+1. 5x4 is the reason why I use another launcher <_<

Yeah I agree, but the MIUI launcher itself is high rez, and you can use higher graphic rendering in the options. This is the only launcher that allows me to see a difference w/ the sony bravia engine installed.

Guest brian denmark

At first release candidate it had nice scrolling in mobil view of say this forum.

In the latest version its so bad with lags.

How come , what is the difference and any way to solve it ?

Guest Valerio191

5x4 will not happen. I hate FC

Trip isn´t there a way to fix that fc?

I only get fcs when I restore my desktop with Miui Backup!

Can´t you make a seperately mod for users who can handle with it?

The launcher mod from boystuff isn´t up-to-date and I don´t know if he will go on with it.

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?11255-Launcher-Mod-weekly-updates.

5x4 is the only thing we miss. Don´t want do waste my screensize.

Guest TripNRaVeR

5x4 is the only thing you and some others miss. I'm not going to build a faulty launcher thats just ridicoulus.

The FC's can probably be fixed but i mentioned before it needs i huge amount of time to search trough the code where the sizes are defined exactly. For sure that i'm not going to do that. If gives also FC when installing apps and youre last row isnt empty.. No way that i'm going to include such things in the rom.

I know it looks better but it isnt working. If you followed my topic you can read in the beginning that everyone was complaining about launcher FC, so another reason not to do it.

Guest BrighamBully

Is your HTC Beats the same as the Beats Audio???

If so, it doesnt seem to be functioning as of yet.

Overall, seems to be a great ROM. Very stable, very fast, and battery life seems ok but not really tested thus far.

Also, ICS keyboard has a bug when double tapping the SHIFT key... Each time I do this, it causes a Force Close

Edited by BrighamBully

Guest Valerio191

I followed this tread from the beginning. I also know that in early builds you put such mod in your rom.

It´s a pitty but I have to respect that you have other priorities.

Guest TripNRaVeR

If it was as easy as i tought in the beginning i would include it. I love it better myself so thats not the issue.

You could always try to find the parts that are causing the FC, on miuiandroid there are theming tutorials where they explain it. Ive read alot of them but it takes sometime.

Guest Louis Santos

5x4 is the only thing you and some others miss. I'm not going to build a faulty launcher thats just ridicoulus.

The FC's can probably be fixed but i mentioned before it needs i huge amount of time to search trough the code where the sizes are defined exactly. For sure that i'm not going to do that. If gives also FC when installing apps and youre last row isnt empty.. No way that i'm going to include such things in the rom.

I know it looks better but it isnt working. If you followed my topic you can read in the beginning that everyone was complaining about launcher FC, so another reason not to do it.

Understandable, thanks for the consideration thought.

Guest Valerio191

If it was as easy as i tought in the beginning i would include it. I love it better myself so thats not the issue.

You could always try to find the parts that are causing the FC, on miuiandroid there are theming tutorials where they explain it. Ive read alot of them but it takes sometime.

Trip do you know how I can create my own mod? Where can I find a "how-to"?

Edited by Valerio191

Guest EvolutionQY7

Worked great till it crashed about 30 secs after each boot. ICS keyboard seems to crash as well if you turn on caps lock :(

In what i tried in 30 seconds it works lovely. Looking forward to a more stable release