[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest psionicsin

So as far as this screen resolution thing is concerned...why are the EU phones different from the US phones? I don't get it if it's basically the exact same phone...why some at 240 and others at 270?

@ Lootes

Do you mind posting your build.prop so I can take a look?

Here is my latest build.prop. The overall format is a little different than Trip's original because I was trying to match it up to the glacier MIUI rom's file, but all the lines are in there, some are just tweaked in an attempt to get WiFi calling working.

I have also attached the file system.zip which includes the lib files I was adding to the ROM. libkineto.so is the important one I believe.

Finally, the WiFi calling app if anyone needs it.

buildprop v6.txt

System.zip

MS-HTCDP-KNT20-02-A0-GB.zip

Guest sonnguyen10123

Here is my latest build.prop. The overall format is a little different than Trip's original because I was trying to match it up to the glacier MIUI rom's file, but all the lines are in there, some are just tweaked in an attempt to get WiFi calling working.

I have also attached the file system.zip which includes the lib files I was adding to the ROM. libkineto.so is the important one I believe.

what does the build prop do?

and does anyone know if the official miui is building a rom?

Guest lbj23numb1

anyone try faux kernal on this yet?

i tried it and it worked im not a great tester so there may have been things i didnt notice. I do know that sometimes when i locked my screen and tried to unlock the screen would stay black. I thought this might be the kernel but somebody on here mentioned it was happening to them to so it maybe the rom.

Guest Raycaster3

Cool dude I am gonna hit up my friend who knows waaaayyy more than me and see I'd he can't help us out in the tmous end of things.

+1 on the PayPal link for Trip.

Edited by Raycaster3

Trip,

Once again thanks a lot for the ROM (already wrote one of these lol) I check the thread every day for updates.

To address the problems that have arisen from other users, the only thing I have been affected by is the build.prop

problem (were you just fix with root explorer) and the SMS bug.

As Much as I love the MIUI SMS app, it's not that big of a deal, just install GO SMS or Handsent or something, those all

work.

Whoops I forgot a bug:

Now I am assuming that this is because of the ROM being Alpha. -On my vibrant it had this problem too when MIUI first came out-

GPS fixes.

They are absolutely awful.

On the original rom, I could pull my phone out on airplane mode and pick up satellites, now it is requiring the use of AGPS. (This is based off the use of GPS Essentials and Google maps), The fix is hardly ever under 70 yards. Actually its never been.

Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, I just miss the use of GPS in my car.

Otherwise, the ROM, once again is Amazing!

You should definitely get a paypal donate button, guarantee people would donate to you.

Guest Docmjldds

[quote name='jay661972' timestamp='1315938969' post='1801490']

@doc saw that one from xda. anyway since you are running Trip's MIUI and you are from US, is yours shows HTC Sensation 4G for the Z710e? And is this 2.3.3 GB or 2.3.4? Thanks dude.

Guest Docmjldds

I believe I am at an impasse with the WiFi calling app. The app runs fine, no force closes with the Lib files added but unable to connect, stuck at enabling. I have tried editing build.prop, question here, can this be edited and then rebooted or do I need to change it in the file and then flash the ROM with the modified build.prop? I have tried flashing the T-Mo radio. Tried adding a custom APN, read this on a forum somewhere. But no luck. All I can think of is the build.prop needs to be modified before flashing the ROM or I am missing some component to add and I don't know what it is.

I have spent 5 hours now, matching up files, build.prop, permissions, etc etc. The ONLY thing I have NOT tried yet is the Feux Kernel which XBoarder is running I believe and which has it working. I am also at the enabling stage. Doubt APN has anything to do. My theory was to basically compare side by side working XBoarders ROM with CM7 and this one. Frustrating. Not sure what you mean by modifiing build.prop prior to flashing. OHHHHH....hmmmmmm you may be on to something. Sheesh...NOT going to get any sleep. Been at this most of my day....Clean install with modified build.prop. Not sure why that would make a difference. But I do have to test kernel too, prior to that option.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Bluntedslc

So everyone with working wifi did you just do full wipes what base were you on before etc for the life Of me I start over from scratch latest tmobile 1.45 base latest radios and matching RIL and still can't get wifi.

So everyone with working wifi did you just do full wipes what base were you on before etc for the life Of me I start over from scratch latest tmobile 1.45 base latest radios and matching RIL and still can't get wifi.

are you sure you downloaded the updated beta zip? there was a problem with the first zip trip uploaded. he uploaded a fixed one shortly thereafter.

md5 should be 89feac21cf53c237d520f71a97424f44

Guest Docmjldds

Hi evreyone

this will fix widget width and increased grid size to 5x4.

based on Andy Thomson Launcher MOD.

patched to fix widget and add hotseat.

miui_1.9.9_5x4_hotseat_fixwidgets_shai.zip

Are you sure you didn't mess up scripts with some volume control. From your fix here is the script:

ui_print("");

ui_print(" MIUI Volume Button Control");

ui_print(" ==========================");

ui_print("");

ui_print("");

ui_print("------------------------------------------------");

ui_print("Created by: Andy Thomson");

ui_print("Installing...");

package_extract_file("siam", "/tmp/siam.sh");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/siam.sh");

run_program("/tmp/siam.sh");

assert(is_mounted("/system"));

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

unmount("/system");

ui_print("");

ui_print("------------------------------------------------");

ui_print("Successfully installed");

ui_print("=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-");

Suffice it to say it doesn't install.....

Guest Docmjldds

I just came over from XDA as people were stressing over you about being band as someone posted a link to your rom. If this works i will wet my pants as been gaging for miui rom for my sensation. The guys over there are ok but every useable rom over there is sense or a copy of cm7 where every rom has the same issues.

They stressed over a thread where I posted I was using Trips ROM and they thought I was posting a link, while I was actually trying to just help a user with an app install, and I was just stating I was on Trips ROM and would have to install XBoarders ROM to better assist. What a bunch of loons over there, getting uptight over basically a mistake my one of their moderators that didn't read my post correctly.

Guest Docmjldds

Using the build.prop that doc posted back on page 14 or so, I have added a number of line items to the build.prop in Trip's ROM. Now, when I first boot the device after flashing and connect to WiFi, I receive the pop up stating "Do you know you can make calls over WiFi". This is a step further than what the app was doing previously, being stuck at enabling. However now, the app hangs on reading SIM Card. If I try to turn of WiFi calling from withing the app I receive "Calling preference cannot be changed as SIM is invalid"

In this version I am only using one additional lib file, libkineto.so. So either I need the additional files my earlier attempts in order for it to read the SIM card correctly, or additional tweaks will be needed in the build.prop.

You are mirroring my work. I thought when the tutorial started to run I had it. And yes also about the libkineto.so At first I thought it was the permissions not being set right. Changed all of them correctly but still at the same point as you.

Guest Raycaster3

You are mirroring my work. I thought when the tutorial started to run I had it. And yes also about the libkineto.so At first I thought it was the permissions not being set right. Changed all of them correctly but still at the same point as you.

It looks like the WiFi Calling Force Close may be associated with the LCD Pixel Density setting.

Check this out. I found it in the cm7 thread. It seemed relevant to your work so I thought I'd see if it actually is....

"I noticed the build.prop contains two settings for density (one being stock 240, and the other being 260). I'm not sure which one is being parsed, but it may differ for some people.

I tried to set the density to 260 on Bulletproof because I went back to it due to an unexplained WiFi Calling crash on CM7 and force closes any time I tried to open it.

After changing the Density to 260 on the Sense ROM the same force closes began again. I then set it back to 240 and it began working again."

I have no idea ifnthis means anything for us or not.

Guest Bluntedslc

are you sure you downloaded the updated beta zip? there was a problem with the first zip trip uploaded. he uploaded a fixed one shortly thereafter.

md5 should be 89feac21cf53c237d520f71a97424f44

Wow that was it the whole time I can't believe it something as simple as I had the first version of it.

Guest sonnguyen10123

recommened fixes for nxt release of my reference.

faster mms.

little lags in scrolling but not noticable.

flash using camera. or implement miui camera.

fix messaging app fc when sending.

screen is offplace

just my 2 cents. thanks

Guest endoscient

Hi evreyone

this will fix widget width and increased grid size to 5x4.

based on Andy Thomson Launcher MOD.

patched to fix widget and add hotseat.

miui_1.9.9_5x4_hotseat_fixwidgets_shai.zip

It achieves the desired result very well, and makes the home screen looks much better.

But I have found a few bugs with it.

If you flash it at same time you flash the main rom image it will prevent phone from booting fully.

I can't install any app from the market afterwards, when I do launcher will FC constantly until app is uninstalled.

Guest DeezNotes

It achieves the desired result very well, and makes the home screen looks much better.

But I have found a few bugs with it.

If you flash it at same time you flash the main rom image it will prevent phone from booting fully.

I can't install any app from the market afterwards, when I do launcher will FC constantly until app is uninstalled.

As I understand it, you shouldn't ever flash anything along with a ROM image. Flash the ROM, boot the phone, then reboot and flash any add-ons/modifications.

Guest Raycaster3

So here's the mms.apk from the glacier build. It works a lot better and faster than the one from Nexus one. (No offense). Feel free to push it to /system/app or use root explorer and move it to that folder and make sure you change permissions to rw-r-r.

Enjoy!!!

Mms.apk.zip

It looks like the WiFi Calling Force Close may be associated with the LCD Pixel Density setting.

Check this out. I found it in the cm7 thread. It seemed relevant to your work so I thought I'd see if it actually is....

"I noticed the build.prop contains two settings for density (one being stock 240, and the other being 260). I'm not sure which one is being parsed, but it may differ for some people.

I tried to set the density to 260 on Bulletproof because I went back to it due to an unexplained WiFi Calling crash on CM7 and force closes any time I tried to open it.

After changing the Density to 260 on the Sense ROM the same force closes began again. I then set it back to 240 and it began working again."

I have no idea ifnthis means anything for us or not.

I saw that too, but I never changed density from 240. Force closes disappeared as soon as I added the library files.

Doc, I tried making all my changes to build.prop, ver 2 to version 6 prior to flashing, didn't make much difference. I agree, having three build.prop files open side by side was challenging to say the least. Much respect to Trip and all the devs that work with this code daily.