Silicone skin cover for ZTE Skate

Guest philmein

I have a Galaxy S2 case, not sure which type it is...its my dad's as he ordered 2 of them for his S2, i'll post a video up of me fitting it if I can or pictures :) give me 30 minutes

Here is a video, never uploaded a video on Youtube before, in my opinion...the S2 case does not fully fit, as you can see that the case edges don't go over the side of the phone.

Guest dadashi

you can have 60 :)

I think the best GS2 cover would be a rubber or silicon one so we can cut out holes for the OMC buttons, camera, plugs, microphone and speaker...

Ive used a modified rubber samsung i900 cover for a year on my Blade....best protection

EDIT: Thanx Navie...so thats another crossed out :(

The HD2 doesnt fit either, its not as wide as the OMC...

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

How about molding our own rubber case at home....cover the omc in cling film and pour some form of liquid rubber over it, let it set and then peel it off...

Edited by dadashi

Guest tillaz

lol is it just my eyes or dose the cup look like its floating, (in the video) laugh.gif

EDIT: navie, did you get your memory card yet ? any good ?

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

It will do the basics like keeping it fingerprint free but dust free I'm not sure. Dust/ lint builds up in between the case and phone but that is probably due to me pulling it in and out of my pocket. Just wiped some out of it now. It might just be me but you'll have to wait and see what you think of it when you get it.

any chance of a youtube film like Navie made...

lol is it just my eyes or dose the cup look like its floating, (in the video) laugh.gif

EDIT: navie, did you get your memory card yet ? any good ?

Lol...that made me laugh! :D btw...that's a glass table, its difficult to tell, yeah...I got my memory card last week...took 3 days to arrive and its excellent so far! The only thing I notice is when I connect my cable, a message pops up sometimes asking to check the SD card for errors, its passes though but irritating, maybe its because I keep adding/removing .apk files from it?

Btw...still waiting for my Skate silicon cover, I ordered and paid on the 9th September...i'm getting frustrated now as it can't possibly take that long?...its supposed to be 30 days I think, however the guy dispatched it on the 14th and nothing was mentioned on the listing until I had bought it and that's when he modified the listing.

Guest tillaz

Lol...that made me laugh! :D btw...that's a glass table, its difficult to tell, yeah...I got my memory card last week...took 3 days to arrive and its excellent so far! The only thing I notice is when I connect my cable, a message pops up sometimes asking to check the SD card for errors, its passes though but irritating, maybe its because I keep adding/removing .apk files from it?

cool, yeah i get that message on this card when i'm testing changes in roms, if you tick both boxes on the pop up and run it should stop happening,

i'm going to order the 16gb version now...smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Timeblast

Hi,

If you don't want to wait long for your case we have now added: Sikai Textured Jelly Case for the Orange Monte Carlo - Black to our ever expanding range of products. Please find it here:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sikai-Textured-Jelly-Case-Orange-Monte-Carlo-ZTE-Skate-G1315-V960-Black-/270828992145

regards,

Guest gitf@ce

Hi,

If you don't want to wait long for your case we have now added: Sikai Textured Jelly Case for the Orange Monte Carlo - Black to our ever expanding range of products. Please find it here:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sikai-Textured-Jelly-Case-Orange-Monte-Carlo-ZTE-Skate-G1315-V960-Black-/270828992145

regards,

That'll do nicely thanks!

Guest dadashi

Hi,

regards,

are you shipping from uk...? not from china in 24 hours, it'll still take 2 or 3 weeks to get to uk...

unfortunately we have a poor first review of the sikai cover, what do say about that or is this a better batch...?

Received my sikai rubbery silicone case for my omc in black. Be warned it is rubbish, in my opinion. It nothing like the translucent case I had on my OSF, which was excellent at protecting the phone from drops and the like. This one is a loose fit and slips off the phone coming out of my jeans pocket and I'm not into tight jeans. The link to the sofiz products page shows a hard back cover style case. I'll have to order that now just to see if its any better. There is another soft case, the TPU flexi case. That looks like it might be a bit better than the rubbery rubbish one which I ordered/received. I didn't want to scratch up the back of the phone so I went ahead and ordered it.

Wont be posting a pic of it as I think the website pics show the same and also I thinks it looks shiiite.

Edited by dadashi

Guest Timeblast

are you shipping from uk...? not from china in 24 hours, it'll still take 2 or 3 weeks to get to uk...

unfortunately we have a poor first review of the sikai cover, what do say about that or is this a better batch...?

Hello,

We have been shipping our items from the UK from the beginning and if you check our feedback it will show that our delivery times are very fast in the UK and to Europe.

In regards to the poor review, this is a subjective thing as we have been selling the same type of cases for the Orange San Francisco for nearly 6 months and have sold thousands and whilst a few people have said they don't like the texture of the case, others have said it fits well and looks great. Of course, it is different from a translucent case as the materials are different and it is not as snug a fit, its thicker material arguably offers more protection as it is more shock absorbing.

He states "jelly" not silicone, so surely it's a different item?

In regards to the term Jelly, it is used to describe the type of soft cases rather than material it is made from to separate it from other types of cases such as pouches, socks or hard cases. Our case is the same one being mentioned before in this thread.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

regards,

EDIT: We now have a limited number of the cases on Amazon as well now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005SVV6H2

Edited by Timeblast

Guest Timeblast

is there a free screen protector included in the delivery, like it was with the blade sikai cover...?

Hi,

No we have yet to be able to source good quality screen protectors for the Monte Carlo I'm afraid.

regards,

Guest gitf@ce

In regards to the term Jelly, it is used to describe the type of soft cases rather than material it is made from to separate it from other types of cases such as pouches, socks or hard cases. Our case is the same one being mentioned before in this thread.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

regards,

EDIT: We now have a limited number of the cases on Amazon as well now:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B005SVV6H2

YES, I'd like to cancel my order! I have ALWAYS known "jelly" to be a harder more durable product to silicone. Silicone is floppy and stupid, jelly is quite rigid and fits better as well as offering better protection.

Guest philmein

tracking details from original post should be here next week sometimemellow.gif

RA257365595CN2011Passed China CustomsGREAT BRITAINBeijing International Airport2011-10-05

Edited by philmein

Guest dadashi

i am using nillkin hard case from ebay with free screen protector。i am very happy with it.

Is that the case that doesn't cover the top and bottom of skate with no protection against falls...?

pictures...?

Edited by dadashi

Got my Sikai case delivered this morning, ordered on the 14th Sep. The case is nice actually, it is silicone, fits really well and won't fall off. The silicone has a textured effect rather than being smooth.

310374_10150339333576494_659761493_8402311_1325132994_n.jpg

308516_10150339333741494_659761493_8402315_175590802_n.jpg

Edited by DB006

Guest dadashi

how does it compare to Blade sikai covers or other covers you've used on other phones...?

Do you think it would stand up to a drop or inside a womans handbag...?

Can we buy them somewhere nearer to home, 4 weeks is an awfuly long delivery time....

EDIT: it's being sold on Amazon but it states there is only one left, which colour?

Edited by dadashi