Silicone skin cover for ZTE Skate

Guest philmein

...never tried...but they probably offer that as well....

Do they have Uk call centres, someone said that Giffgaff is a scandinavian mobile network or somethign along those lines?...I ordered my sims so just waiting now :)

Guest Sidecar_jon

Do they have Uk call centres, someone said that Giffgaff is a scandinavian mobile network or somethign along those lines?...I ordered my sims so just waiting now :)

Giffgaff is O2 trying a different business model, i'm not sure they have a call centre at all but they do have forums etc and rewards to people answering questions..

navie, arent you going to post us a nice couple of pictures of your new case...?

Are you twisting my leg or do you really want some pictures? :lol: I didn't know my OMC was that unique, my case is the same as all the others lol, i'll post you some pictures if you like?

Guest dadashi

thanx, yes I'd like to see the fit and what you really think of it....didnt you post us a youtube video of a galaxy s2 cover on the omc..?

I cant remember who wrote the bad review of the silicon cover a couple of pages back.....would you say it's ok...? it doesn't come off when you put it in your jean pocket...?

thanx, yes I'd like to see the fit and what you really think of it....didnt you post us a youtube video of a galaxy s2 cover on the omc..?

I cant remember who wrote the bad review of the silicon cover a couple of pages back.....would you say it's ok...? it doesn't come off when you put it in your jean pocket...?

I'll post a review here in a bit with pictures :)

The case feels excellent and makes the phone feel more robust and grip is enhanced, however...I feel the case could have been a little tighter especially around the edges...they seem a little flexible, the cover can come off the phone if you have tight pockets...you'll fnd that the way to get it out of tight pockets is to wrap your whole hand around the cover to stop it coming off, whilst taking the phone out.

One other thing I feel needs improving is that the top of the cover should have covered more of the phone, just to make it look that little bit tidier and nicer.

Texting is soooo much easier now when holding the phone in one hand, it doesn't slip side to side anymore.

Also the cover lays on the phone in fine detail, it covers the side buttons and reveals the cable port and phone jack accurately, even the microphone hole is finely located, the camera and speaker on the back are accurately positioned too.

The case seems to posess the kind of material which can be washed over and over without affecting anything (that doesn't mean hot or boiling water!). Overall...its worth the money in my opinion, its a top quality product.

One other thing...I think it possible to make the skin a little less ductile, because rubber has a higher elastic limit, applying an extreme cold temperture may harden the skin slightly.

tphoto00002.th.jpg

tphoto00004.th.jpg

tphoto00006.th.jpg

tphoto00008.th.jpg

tphoto00009.th.jpg

tphoto00007.th.jpg

Edited by Navie

Guest putbinoot

Have done a wee vid of mine but its taking ages to upload to YouTube as i think camera was on 720 either that or my internet is pi*h.

Only 305minutes remaining, at this rate I could do it again at a lower res and it would still be up sooner should be done by tomorrow.laugh.gif

Edited by putbinoot

Guest dadashi

Navie, thanks for that, great review and pictures...its good to hear a real OMC user opinion...

so the cover isnt bad at all, not like the last review I read a couple of pages back...

Guest putbinoot

Ok here is my case different from Navie as I think he has what they are calling the silicon case and I have what SIKAI are calling the flexi case, no offence Navie but I think yours is the textured one that my missus and boy has on their blades and i don't really like it as it's a bit bulky and as you say seems to peel of if pulled out of tight jeans etc. Anyway on to mine bought from www.sofiz.co.uk and took 8 days to arrive they have around 9 colours between solid and transparent. This is the type of case i have on the wildfire fits nice and tight to the phone all the holes line up perfect apart from the one at the back below the flash which is about half out but could be an easy fix if needed but not sure what that hole is for. They have left a good bit space round the audio port and the charge socket, some cases are to close to these outlets holding out the audio jack or micro usb plug but no such problems with this. If you look close there is actually two types of finish on it, smooth and very very very fine texture although I think they should have reversed them so the very fine texture was on the sides and the smooth on the back this would most likley give you a bit more grip as I think as it is just now the silicon case will be more grippy. Maybe something they could look into with a mark 2, might email them. Anyway done a wee video but it won't finish uploading until tomorrow so here is a few pics until then. Maybe should have given the phone a wipe before taking the photos.laugh.gif

Cost me £19.16 for two case and two nillkin screen protectors including any taxes and delivery.

Link Ahead>>>>> Case Bought here.

SIKAI%252520Case%2525201.JPG

SIKAI%252520Case%2525202.JPG

SIKAI%252520Case%2525203.JPG

SIKAI%252520Case%2525204.JPG

Edited by putbinoot

Guest dadashi

putbinout, that looks promising specialy if its a tighter fit....only 8 days from singapour, thats much better than from china..

I just found this on ebay, a nillkin silicon cover + screen cover for £8 similar to the blade offer we had...

anyone know where we can get these in UK...? Theres no way Im buying from china, Im still waiting for my dealextrem xsim nearly a month....

Edited by dadashi

Guest putbinoot

putbinoot, is there a black version of that?

Yeah I have it, there is a solid black that I have and a crstal black which is a sort of transparent black. It.s in the vid although still in the packet do you want pics.

That good a fit I just pulled the back of the phone of with it swapping from yellow to black.blink.gif

P1030020.JPG

P1030021.JPG

P1030022.JPG

P1030023.JPG

Edited by putbinoot

Yeah I have it, there is a solid black that I have and a crstal black which is a sort of transparent black. It.s in the vid although still in the packet do you want pics.

can you post the link, i might get a black one smile.gif

Guest gitf@ce

At last a case that looks a little more promising! Doesn't have the ends cut off, and appears to be made from a more ridgid material. Don't like the embossed logo, but can't have everything I suppose :P

Looking forward to your vid :)

Guest putbinoot

At last a case that looks a little more promising! Doesn't have the ends cut off, and appears to be made from a more ridgid material. Don't like the embossed logo, but can't have everything I suppose :P

Looking forward to your vid :)

Upload of .mov failed will have to convert and upload again when i get home.

Guest gitf@ce

Uk seller with the black hard case for less than a fiver

My link

They also do the "jelly" ones at the same price.

Bargain... I'm having one!

Edited by gitf@ce