Silicone skin cover for ZTE Skate

Guest philmein

Guest B.A.Nana

Oh, thanks for that advice, but already ordered mad.gif. My new OMC arrives tomorrow tho smile.gif, intending to use it to learn about rooting, clockwork recovery and custom ROMs, already started reading up.. If I've not bricked it after 3 months, I'll use it as my regular phone with my giffgaff SIM.

Guest putbinoot

The only negative thing about this case is that the volume buttons and power button are extremely difficult to press and activate because the cover is so hard, its more the power button...everytime I want to use my phone I have to press extremly hard to wake it :( ...and that's not once but 3 -4 times to successfully make it work.

Yeah Naive had not got round to playing with the phone much before review may have to add something to the end of the review. It is really just the power button, i maybe try cutting out the bit of the case around there.

Yeah Naive had not got round to playing with the phone much before review may have to add something to the end of the review. It is really just the power button, i maybe try cutting out the bit of the case around there.

Its extremely annoying, what do you make of it putinoot?...do you agree that the power button is difficult to press? What I do now is press my nail into the button, I don't want to keep on doing that though as the case may get damaged over time, however...there must be a way to link the home button to 'Wake up' the phone as an alternate way to wake the phone up, I think you can do that in ADW launcher but not sure if its possible with Launcher Pro unless there is a way around with rooted phones, I guess this is a general Android problem.

Edited by Navie

Guest putbinoot

Its extremely annoying, what do you make of it putinoot?...do you agree that the power button is difficult to press? What I do now is press my nail into the button, I don't want to keep on doing that though as the case may get damaged over time, however...there must be a way to link the home button to 'Wake up' the phone as an alternate way to wake the phone up, I think you can do that in ADW launcher but not sure if its possible with Launcher Pro unless there is a way around with rooted phones, I guess this is a general Android problem.

yeah it is annoying ,for me keeping one of the physical buttons awake so you can wake the phone would be great. That is something zte should have thought of ,when you have the phone in a waterproof case like i do on my motorbike for satnav you can't access the power button without opening the case.

Guest tilal6991

yeah it is annoying ,for me keeping one of the physical buttons awake so you can wake the phone would be great. That is something zte should have thought of ,when you have the phone in a waterproof case like i do on my motorbike for satnav you can't access the power button without opening the case.

isn't there a way of using one of the other buttons to wake the phone?

Btw...someone who has an iphone has told me that he has a similar case to the TPU flexi case and that it left the iphone with scuffs marks on the sides, not sure if they meant scratch marks, hope that's not what will happen to my phone, he said you will notice after 2-3 months.

Guest putbinoot

Btw...someone who has an iphone has told me that he has a similar case to the TPU flexi case and that it left the iphone with scuffs marks on the sides, not sure if they meant scratch marks, hope that's not what will happen to my phone, he said you will notice after 2-3 months.

I have had the same style case on my wildfire for over a year now and it does have some minor areas were the surface has been removed but it would look alot worse after the amount of times i have dropped it than if there was no case. So it looks like my review was s***, lol, will have to add power button issue and that you might get some scrapes if dust etc gets between phone and case, as its a tight fit although i would still rather have this case.

Edited by putbinoot

I have had the same style case on my wildfire for over a year now and it does have some minor areas were the surface has been removed but it would look alot worse after the amount of times i have dropped it than if there was no case. So it looks like my review was s***, lol, will have to add power button issue and that you might get some scrapes if dust etc gets between phone and case, as its a tight fit although i would still rather have this case.

To be honest...the scrapes don't really matter as its not a hugely expensive phone and besides you won't be able to see them if the cover is on anyway...I would rather have the cover on and make the phone look better rather than view it as having finger prints all over it and at least it protects dust getting between the front and back cover lining, not forgetting that if you drop your phone ONCE without a cover...then that's bad especially on concrete, i'm happy with it and was just asking if the scrapes will occur :)

so shall we cancel our orders of the sikai Gel cover...?

Sorry if I have dampened your hopes of a good cover, however...its still the best cover out there imo, you should get it, besides your bound to drop your phone at some point :) ...it happens.

Guest putbinoot

Ok as you can see with the picture below I have cut out the power button section as some people and myself thought it was making the operation of the power button a bit hard. Two things are the cause, the stiffness of the case and the location of the button, I have this style case on my wildfire but the button is on the top so although harder than without case it is easier than the OMC because you are pushing down and not to the side. So I though I would cut the section out and let you guys know if it has made a difference and it has and if I made the hole just a bit bigger it would be like there is no case there. I have made a wee video of how this was done but basically just use a stanley type knife/blade and watch your fingers. SIKAI could make a cut out here and I think it would add to the case's ease of use and still look ok. As the photo is a close up it looks a bit rough but in normal operation I don't think anybody would notice.

power%252520button%252520section%252520removed.JPG

Edited by putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

On a side note 44000 views of my fox intro and 5600 views of me playing with my chopper, it's a crazy world.

Edited by putbinoot

Ok as you can see with the picture below I have cut out the power button section as some people and myself thought it was making the operation of the power button a bit hard. Two things are the cause, the stiffness of the case and the location of the button, I have this style case on my wildfire but the button is on the top so although harder than without case it is easier than the OMC because you are pushing down and not to the side. So I though I would cut the section out and let you guys know if it has made a difference and it has and if I made the hole just a bit bigger it would be like there is no case there. I have made a wee video of how this was done but basically just use a stanley type knife/blade and watch your fingers. SIKAI could make a cut out here and I think it would add to the case's ease of use and still look ok. As the photo is a close up it looks a bit rough but in normal operation I don't think anybody would notice.

I'm working on a solution to fix the problem of the power button, looks 99% promising, i'll post a video tomorrow.

Guest BlissfulCherub

Blissful Cherub are pleased to announce stock of the Sikai Solid Black and Solid Pink Cases for the Orange Monte Carlo - Despatched from the UK within 24 hours (excluding weekends)

Sikai Solid Black: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280759252052?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

post-934710-0-53801300-1319236675_thumb.

Sikai Solid Pink: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280759246538?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

post-934710-0-90281200-1319236699_thumb.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Blissful Cherub are pleased to announce stock of the Sikai Solid Black and Solid Pink Cases for the Orange Monte Carlo - Despatched from the UK within 24 hours (excluding weekends)

Any plans to stock the solid yellow cases in the future? I'm after one of them.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Here is a video of the TPU flexi case working as normal, I made the fix using masking tape. Basically I cut out a piece and rolled up the tape so that it fitted into the groove (power button groove) inside the cover, just make sure that the sticky side is on the outside, if you roll up the tape too much then your power button won't push out so make sure you get the amount correct.

Edited by Navie

Guest dadashi

Here is a video of the TPU flexi case working as normal, I made the fix using masking tape. Basically I cut out a piece and rolled up the tape so that it fitted into the groove (power button groove) inside the cover, just make sure that the sticky side is on the outside, if you roll up the tape too much then your power button won't push out so make sure you get the amount correct.

thats a much more reasonable solution than cutting a hole in the cover...

Guest putbinoot

Great idea Navie , looks like there is to much space between button and case.

Great idea Navie , looks like there is to much space between button and case.

My power button is too sensitive now, if I lightly press it...it activates, much better than before though :)

Guest putbinoot

My power button is too sensitive now, if I lightly press it...it activates, much better than before though :)

I still was not happy with my mod which i think comes over in the video, although it was easier to press the button than before the mod it was still not as easy as without a case so i have stamped out the case which has made a hole the same size roughly as the audio port. A finger now fits in the hole as you press and its like there is no case there. Will post a pic when i get a chance.

Guest putbinoot

Here is what I have now and it is like there is no case fitted as your finger is pushing direct onto the button and as there is holes punched already throughout case I don't think one more makes a difference especially with how easy it makes the operation of the button now and as the case is raised it should still prevent accidental operation. The hole was punched using a bit 8mm micro bore copper pipe, a bit wood to put case on and a hammer. You could also use and probably get better results with a material hole punch like the type you get for putting holes in tarps or any cloth material. I now have the perfect case for me.

.P1030041.JPG

Here is what I have now and it is like there is no case fitted as your finger is pushing direct onto the button and as there is holes punched already throughout case I don't think one more makes a difference especially with how easy it makes the operation of the button now and as the case is raised it should still prevent accidental operation. The hole was punched using a bit 8mm micro bore copper pipe, a bit wood to put case on and a hammer. You could also use and probably get better results with a material hole punch like the type you get for putting holes in tarps or any cloth material. I now have the perfect case for me.

The good thing it looks neat :)