!!UPDATE!! [ROM] Smart Firmware

Guest alexchester

Guest alexchester

I tried installing using clockworkmod. I copied the .img files to the clockworkmod backup folder :)

But the boot.img flashing fails. Tried with another boot.img and then just the other .img files from alexchester.

Infinite bootloop.

I still have hope tho :)

twork is prolly boiling and frying up something in the way of a .zip file :)

Why you can't install it via ADB?

Guest EgyptoBoy

1.Do wipes

2.Go in fastboot, red button+volume down+turn on button

3. Connect cable

4. Start Install file in your oc

5. Wait

6. After installing reinsert battery

It's work, i checked it.

i cant understand this step((4- Start Install file in your oc))

i extracted the rar file and i want to install it with 710mhz oc how can i start the installation progress

Edited by EgyptoBoy

i extracted the rar file and i want to install it with 710mhz oc how can i start the installation progress

oc = pc ?

twork is prolly boiling and frying up something in the way of a .zip file :)

Maybe...... ;)

No, you can't use Recovery to install anything from this rom as it is now. So what means is that you will need to use adb as alexchester stated in his installation instructions. And yes, I think "oc" refers to your computer. You use adb from your computer.

I have just unpacked the boot.img and system.img and started to look at the rom. It looks to me like it is going to need a large /system partition. (For example, there are 13mb of ringtones alone, not to mention other media files and extra apps.) I'm afraid I don't have enough time today to really get into this. Maybe later?

Thanks alexchester for uploading this rom. I have a couple of question if I may. You mention good battery life. Can you tell me what you did to make improvement in battery life? I still can not seem to do anything to improve battery life in the CM6 rom mod I've been working on. Did you start with Tom G's mod, or did you work directly with CM6 from source?

Edited by twrock

Hmm, no launcher in /system? That makes it hard to get things working after a factory reset. ;)

It was far too big to fit in my U8220 partitions, so I rebuilt it with rom kitchen. However, I did not do anything with /data, and I'm guessing there was a number of important apps there.

But this really does have a very nice unique look! All the visual modifications are quite beautiful.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a lot of fc's, but I can't blame the original modder, when I messed with things myself. Unfortunately it consistently fc's when I click on CM Settings, so I can't get to some of the important things.

Has anyone gotten this to install via ADB?

Guest alexchester

Hmm, no launcher in /system? That makes it hard to get things working after a factory reset. ;)

It was far too big to fit in my U8220 partitions, so I rebuilt it with rom kitchen. However, I did not do anything with /data, and I'm guessing there was a number of important apps there.

But this really does have a very nice unique look! All the visual modifications are quite beautiful.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a lot of fc's, but I can't blame the original modder, when I messed with things myself. Unfortunately it consistently fc's when I click on CM Settings, so I can't get to some of the important things.

Has anyone gotten this to install via ADB?

About launcher, i fixed it in new versions

Unfortunately it consistently fc's when I click on CM Settings, so I can't get to some of the important things.

Sorry, i don't understand what you mean. Try to explain it.

Guest alexchester

Maybe...... ;)

No, you can't use Recovery to install anything from this rom as it is now. So what means is that you will need to use adb as alexchester stated in his installation instructions. And yes, I think "oc" refers to your computer. You use adb from your computer.

I have just unpacked the boot.img and system.img and started to look at the rom. It looks to me like it is going to need a large /system partition. (For example, there are 13mb of ringtones alone, not to mention other media files and extra apps.) I'm afraid I don't have enough time today to really get into this. Maybe later?

Thanks alexchester for uploading this rom. I have a couple of question if I may. You mention good battery life. Can you tell me what you did to make improvement in battery life? I still can not seem to do anything to improve battery life in the CM6 rom mod I've been working on. Did you start with Tom G's mod, or did you work directly with CM6 from source?

I compare with original rom, and smaller loading on the processor and storage as a result of removal of unnecessary things. + not overdrive kernel as standard used.

oc means Operation System.. If you user of Windows you must run Install in Windows, if Linux user- Instal in Linux. It's simlply:)

twrock, We can unite and work together. Do you have icq number?

Guest alexchester

If you want to install firmware with 710 mhz oc, you must rename boot(710) to boot. And you must start bat file. IF you windows user-Install in windows. IF linux-Install in linux. IF mac os user Install in mac. If system wants drivers, you must install it. Drivers

Guest EgyptoBoy

i installed it via ADB and its fast and looks very nice but i have some issues :

1- when i change the language to English i get an error

2- there is bug on the launcher i cant know it but when i press my call key i get error

- how can i change the launcher to launcher pro (i like it) ??????

Guest alexchester

i installed it via ADB and its fast and looks very nice but i have some issues :

1- when i change the language to English i get an error

2- there is bug on the launcher i cant know it but when i press my call key i get error

- how can i change the launcher to launcher pro (i like it) ??????

It's strange, i set English(USA) and rom works fine. Do you do wipe before installing rom?

You can install apk from market or from your sd card.

Hy!

- recovery.img

- sd-ext.img

- cache.img

What are these files for? If i need it, how could i install those to my phone?

- system.img 122mega

- data.img 153mega

in the bat file... it want's to install both file... how can it install 123 mega (system.img first) then after that 153 mega (data.img) to my phone?

Does my phone has 276 mega??

thx,

Burczy

Edited by Burczy

ARGH

tried the fastboot method just now.

boot.img flash fails

and data and system.img are too large :) I have the smaller rom u8230. Tough luck for me. Maybe this rom can be reduced in size like pepe did for latest rbm2 rom.

Ganker

I also can't install that rom

the installer says:

sending 'boot' (5120 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

fastboot-windows.exe flash system system.img

sending 'system' (120109 KB)... FAILED (remote: data too large)

fastboot-windows.exe flash userdata data.img

sending 'userdata' (149729 KB)... FAILEd (remote: data too large)

What can i Do in this case??? :o

i would like to try this rom out... Please help!

Guest alexchester

I also can't install that rom

the installer says:

sending 'boot' (5120 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

fastboot-windows.exe flash system system.img

sending 'system' (120109 KB)... FAILED (remote: data too large)

fastboot-windows.exe flash userdata data.img

sending 'userdata' (149729 KB)... FAILEd (remote: data too large)

What can i Do in this case??? :o

i would like to try this rom out... Please help!

Please give me screenshot of your fastboot window(blue screen in your phone)

Guest badguy8230

Why you can't install it via ADB?

because it's not true way. install firmware via recovery don't need BB, more simle and beauty.

Edited by badguy8230

I compare with original rom, and smaller loading on the processor and storage as a result of removal of unnecessary things. + not overdrive kernel as standard used.

twrock, We can unite and work together. Do you have icq number?

Earlier I wrote, "Unfortunately it consistently fc's when I click on CM Settings, so I can't get to some of the important things."

This is what I did:

• I used the dsixda rom kitchen to unpack your boot.img and system.img
  • Then I removed enough files out of /system to create a smaller /system so I could install it on my U8220. (I believe your U8230 has a larger /system partition.)
  • I used Recovery to flash the new installable zip onto my phone. It booted fine, but had a few fc's during the first setup (forced closes).
  • But then when I opened Settings and tapped on "CyanogenMod Settings", it just fc's every time.
  • So I played around with it for just a little time to see the beauty of it (very nice!), but I then returned to working on another rom I have been trying to modify. So I didn't use it after that.

But I can not say that the problems I had with your rom were anything you can fix. I modified your rom so I could install it, and my modifications were probably the cause of the problems.

Unfortunately I don't have an icq number. (I'm embarrassed to say that I don't really even know what that is.)

And as I have said many times before, I really only know how to take the amazing work other people do and put it into some form that can be used by a lot of other people. I really don't know as much as people think I do. ;)

I think with the knowledge you already have, it will be easy for you to learn how to make an rom that can be installed by Recovery. The dsixda rom kitchen is very easy to use. It does much of the work for you.

I would still like to be able to try this rom, but the size of /system files makes it impossible for me unless I modify it myself. But if I modify it, I create other problems that I don't know how to fix. So I'm not sure how I can be of help. :(

Guest Voyager020

and it will be nice if someone could make a flashable zip that can be instaled tru recovery also if it is needed to create a smaller system image and then make a flashable zip by recovery fully compatible with Huawei U8220

Thanks in advance

Sorry for bad english