!!UPDATE!! [ROM] Smart Firmware

Guest alexchester

Guest arlindo.costa

Earlier I wrote, "Unfortunately it consistently fc's when I click on CM Settings, so I can't get to some of the important things."

This is what I did:

• I used the dsixda rom kitchen to unpack your boot.img and system.img
  • Then I removed enough files out of /system to create a smaller /system so I could install it on my U8220. (I believe your U8230 has a larger /system partition.)
  • I used Recovery to flash the new installable zip onto my phone. It booted fine, but had a few fc's during the first setup (forced closes).
  • But then when I opened Settings and tapped on "CyanogenMod Settings", it just fc's every time.
  • So I played around with it for just a little time to see the beauty of it (very nice!), but I then returned to working on another rom I have been trying to modify. So I didn't use it after that.

But I can not say that the problems I had with your rom were anything you can fix. I modified your rom so I could install it, and my modifications were probably the cause of the problems.

Unfortunately I don't have an icq number. (I'm embarrassed to say that I don't really even know what that is.)

And as I have said many times before, I really only know how to take the amazing work other people do and put it into some form that can be used by a lot of other people. I really don't know as much as people think I do. ;)

I think with the knowledge you already have, it will be easy for you to learn how to make an rom that can be installed by Recovery. The dsixda rom kitchen is very easy to use. It does much of the work for you.

I would still like to be able to try this rom, but the size of /system files makes it impossible for me unless I modify it myself. But if I modify it, I create other problems that I don't know how to fix. So I'm not sure how I can be of help. :(

I gave up on this ROM because of the FC´s. Loved the framework though :-)

I gave up on this ROM because of the FC´s. Loved the framework though :-)

You can try copying the framework files into a different CM6 rom and it will have the same effect. However, don't ask me whick files need to be copied. I really don't know what is necessary.

Guest rangeoshun

The rom installed simply and without an error, so who can't do it, is doing something wrong, all install files are included. But I have to add I used a mac, but I imaging it ain't harder on a win machine.

Now it"s booting up, for the first time, so it takes some time. Nice bootanim, the hyperdigitalbeehive :)

It looks nice, a little iPhoney, but I can live with it :) And you can change the theme of GO launcher, and I stuck with the deafult skin for now.

One forceclose, when I changed the language to english, the Go contact gone mad, but nothing too hard.. Camera is working as it should.

Funny thing: I changed the language to english, still the USB notifications are in russian :D Later they also changed to english.

I just LOVE the built in task manager in the drawer! With the Oc kernel it's quite snappy.

The notification sound sounds just horrible on my phone, overdriven to be precise, like it would have a dsp turned on..

These are my first impressions. Later I'll post more, if there is something that needs to be added. Overall nice rom, great work and THANK YOU!

The rom installed simply and without an error, so who can't do it, is doing something wrong, all install files are included. But I have to add I used a mac, but I imaging it ain't harder on a win machine.

Now it"s booting up, for the first time, so it takes some time. Nice bootanim, the hyperdigitalbeehive :)

It looks nice, a little iPhoney, but I can live with it :) And you can change the theme of GO launcher, and I stuck with the deafult skin for now.

One forceclose, when I changed the language to english, the Go contact gone mad, but nothing too hard.. Camera is working as it should.

Funny thing: I changed the language to english, still the USB notifications are in russian :D Later they also changed to english.

I just LOVE the built in task manager in the drawer! With the Oc kernel it's quite snappy.

The notification sound sounds just horrible on my phone, overdriven to be precise, like it would have a dsp turned on..

These are my first impressions. Later I'll post more, if there is something that needs to be added. Overall nice rom, great work and THANK YOU!

are you using u8220 or u8230?

Guest rangeoshun

are you using u8220 or u8230?

I use a u8230.

How can you be so sure?

Yes, you're right It is possible, that the partitions are not the same size, then it has to be solved, maybe an official update has big enough partitions, like hungarian rom, if I'm correct. And it should state, that this rom is mainly for u8230.

i run instal windows.bat and after 3 seconds cmd window is closed. maybe i do someting wrong?

No, if you run a .bat file, and you run it from explorer, and not a previously launched cmd window - you can run it from startmenu>run>type "cmd">ok - it will close automatically, after the batch (.bat) is over. If you do it this way what does it say?

2- there is bug on the launcher i cant know it but when i press my call key i get error

- how can i change the launcher to launcher pro (i like it) ??????

This I confirm. But I rarely use the hard button

If you'd like to, just install it, go to an application, or something other then the launcher, and when you press home it should ask you which launcher app to return to.

- recovery.img

- sd-ext.img

- cache.img

What are these files for? If i need it, how could i install those to my phone?

These are the remnants of a nandroid backup I think. If we had the chksum file, it should be flashable as a backup from recovery. You can install them maybe with fastboot like this from cmd:

fastboot-windows flash cache cache.img

Place the name of what the files name in place of "cache".

Does my phone have 276 mega??

No, probably not, but the .img file contains more, then just the files inside. And that I think makes the size difference.

Plus a new "bug" came up, when I tried to download a .html file from browser, it just force closed.

Guest alexchester

My dear friends. I do this Rom for 8230, but i try optimized it for u8220 later. I have some problems now(I am a student) and i have no time to work. But in 2-3 weeks i can start my work.

It doesn't fit on the official hungarian update :( it's now compatible only with u8230...

It can be made to fit, but it must be modified to remove enough apps to do it. I did have it installed on my U8220, but I don't intend to release it because the mod I made had far too many fc's. If I have a lot of spare time some day and want to see if the framework files are useful to build some other mod, maybe I will try. It really is a visually beautiful rom. Alexchester did very nice work.

Excellent and beautiful mod! Thank you! I would like to know, and whether the update fixes a bug Market and the entrance to the gtalk, after the call?(Отличный и красивый мод! Спасибо! Хотелось бы узнать,а будут ли исправлены ошибки обновления маркета и ошибка входа в gtalk,после звонка?)

Edited by 3erg

Guest alexchester

Excellent and beautiful mod! Thank you! I would like to know, and whether the update fixes a bug Market and the entrance to the gtalk, after the call?(Отличный и красивый мод! Спасибо! Хотелось бы узнать,а будут ли исправлены ошибки обновления маркета и ошибка входа в gtalk,после звонка?)

Я работаю над этим

Guest alexchester

Dear alexchester

Dear twrock

I was asking about .zip file for this rom to flash it through recovery mode

Thanx in progress

I don't know how made zip file. When i do it with kitchen, my phone work with bugs, and reboot when i switch to the lockscreen, i don't know why. Wait please, i try to do it, but not promise you