Miui 1.9.9

Guest sohrabi

tested data access after fix permissions:

5:10.....5 minutes after restart.....working

5:25.....20 minutes after restart.....working

5:55.....50 minutes after restart.....working

Will test after a couple of hours tonight...dang....tested again about 7:45pm.....no data

Ok onto the next test (installing the data fix that seemed to work with trips 1.8.26 if I can find it again)....crap

I must have been dreaming about the data fix for too long, can't seem to find any fix so might have been for another ROM....anyways I am trying to switch to my internet.com APN from Rogers to see it does any better.

so far internet.com seems to be functioning better, will have more time to properly test tomorrow

Edited by iggy2

Guest BuglyAstard

I've been using this rom for over a day, aside from the on/off animations, i have had data going constantly without fault, wifi takes a few toggles sometimes but stays solid once connected. ES file manager fc'd but after a reboot fix permission perfect. FAST STABLE

4.05.2 freekernel

67 baseband

Ui build prop tweak

Still locked bootloader

confused.gif helpppp

I use the ROM with Trip Iris 1.18.12 kernel + patch for SMS and BB67 ( http://forums.miuian...ile-Engineering ) , goes very well but I wanted to try the your ROM 1.9.9 .. general cleanup and installing ROM + Multilanguage Pack .. ok and restart : singnal ok and work calls, data, etc.etc. But while restoring the backup Miui data + applications .. after a certain time during recovery from the cell restarts and continues MIUI screen .. .

Is there any solution?

Edited by page64

confused.gif helpppp

I use the ROM with Trip Iris 1.18.12 kernel + patch for SMS and BB67 ( http://forums.miuian...ile-Engineering ) , goes very well but I wanted to try the your ROM 1.9.9 .. general cleanup and installing ROM + Multilanguage Pack .. ok and restart : singnal ok and work calls, data, etc.etc. But while restoring the backup Miui data + applications .. after a certain time during recovery from the cell restarts and continues MIUI screen .. .

Is there any solution?

I think miui backup from earlier versions is no longer compatible with newer version. I also restored using this, but the same thing happened as you experience, so I ended up setting again my phone, good think I have Titanium backup to restore all my previous apps. however, i did not restore my text msgs, and setup again wifi, etc.

also, i still experience from this rom (1.9.9) the bright screen before sleep, so i restored to my previous version miui 1.8.26

Edited by bolinoy

rolleyes.gif

Thanks!I made ​​the backup / restore with Backup Titanium and everything works great, very nice and stable ROM and fast and smooth .. ..

But I have a problem with the sms ... If I go to check the message center number I get a notice that it has committed ed try again later ... number and does not appear in the box.

Consequently, the messages can not be shipped. sad.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solved!

I reinstalled the patchsms xrec from ... sms and now work ! biggrin.gif

Edited by page64

Guest leechgod27

Battery is draining like hel...i cannot get it to work more than 3 hrs at 0 brightness,gs off,2g network,no wifi usage at all....:-(

can we get an undervolt.zip?

Guest BuglyAstard

Ive been reading a lot about problems with this such as data drop, battery life, and reboots. I have been using this for two days, I havent had data drop a single time, and the battery needs to be calibrated to work good, and on my second charge its working good not GREAT but not the demon you guys make it out to be. I dont think its fair to judge a rom right away (even myself being only a few days), especially if you have a cluttered sd card, poor installation, or bad research. This isnt rocket science but theres a reason that some people have just usual little problems and some just cant get it right.

Im using baseband 67, 4.05.2 freekernel, and the optimize zip that I see has the video accel tweak to build prop, not sure what else. Mine deep sleeps, wifi is strong, no data drops, and no problems that arent minor and easily fixed.

I had bad luck restoring with miui backup, so my bad. Titanium works for me, but I heard advanced data restore in xrecovery works, not tested it. Do a fresh install just like the OP suggest, with a clean sd card, and I cant see why there should be any significant problems. And if your having problems atleast post what kernel, baseband, locked or unlocked BL etc..

Battery is draining like hel...i cannot get it to work more than 3 hrs at 0 brightness,gs off,2g network,no wifi usage at all....:-(

can we get an undervolt.zip?

Why don't u use a custom kernel? I advise you doomkernel v05 for unlocked bl (deep sleep is fixed now!). On that kernel you can undervolt by hand with incredicontrol or s.th. else.

Regards,

L

Guest 4llerbuntu

i decided to install this rom and here is what i have.

1. the 1.9.9 MIUI rom.

2. Doomlords V05 kernel for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS.

3. Doomlord's wifi modules .zip for the v05 kernel.

4. the Volume Combo.zip

5. the Optimize.zip fix made by someone on this thread (sorry i cant remember the name now).

6. the new wifi tether 3.1 beta 6 from googlecode.

=============================================

here is what i did.

remove everything from your SDcard. copy them elsewhere, format the card, and copy the above files into a folder on the card.

1. unlock your bootloader. check other thread for that.

2. have a fully working xrec. i was formerly on stock with doomlords stock kernel with inbuilt xrec, so i know that works.

3. boot into recovery , go to advanced tools, format /system , /data , /cache.

that way u make sure nothing else is left from your previous rom. wipe dalvik cache too. (overkill, i know but better to be sure)

4. flash the MIUI ROM USING XREC.

wipe cache bla bla bla.

5. pull the battery, put on flashtool, connect the phone in flashmode and flash the Doomkernel v05 for unlocked bootloaders.

6. go back to xrec, wipe ......, flash the wifi modules.zip via xrec.

7. flash the other addons, wipe cache and dalvik in between flashes.

8. boot ROm, let it be for 5 minutes.

9. disable firewall.

10. install the android tether.apk app.

11. do the brightness thing posted earlier.

12. disable equalizer in music app.

reboot.

Things works. havent tested wifi cuz no network for me to test yet, but im sure it will work, it starts without issues.

usb tether works natively, the android tether app works in adhoc mode for wifi tethering (thats what im using to post this). REMEMBER TO ENABLE ROOT ACCESS BEFORE STARTING IT.

i dont have data drops, well, it reconnects itself whenever network fluctuates.

i will not restore any app but install freshly or extract the .apks from my titanium backup and do them manually.

hope this helps a little

if anything is misbehaving, reboot and fix permissions