The most Light and Smooth Rom?

Guest Manos Aristeidopoulos

Ok so here it is....

First Impressions:Extremely Fast,Snappy and Smooth

There was hardly any lag at all! lol

The Notification Power Widget is a added bonus.

The Darktremor's A2SD script helps in keeping the internal memory free and now I have like 100 MB of internal Memory free! lol

And the ASD2GUI helps in knowing where ur Apps are installed.

And it has a different kind of Music Player(Not the Stock one) which is good!

However I did have some problems with Market but those were sorted out...

Overall its a Faster ROM when compared to CAE 1.2.

And it is a great ROM for everyday use just like CAE 1.2 and it all comes down to personal opnion....

CAE 1.2: Stock Android look and Feel

Elitemovil Blade_Rom 2.3.4 [rc] (r10):Faster but with customization which would not appeal all but it comes with Notification Power widgets and DarkTremor's A2SD script which matters to some....

Post any questions below abt the ROM which u would like me to answer!

wow, your review looks awesome!

I am downloading and will test it right away!

The Elitemovil Blade_Rom i did test there was no overclocking option, the maximun frequency was 604MHz.

how about this one?

The Elitemovil Blade_Rom i did test there was no overclocking option, the maximun frequency was 604MHz.

how about this one?

This one has Burstlam's Kernel and thus is overclockable to 806 MHz just like CAE 1.2. ;)

+1

not as incredibly smooth , but under Cynagoenmod setting , -> performance -> Enable surface dithering - ENABLED , makes it slightly better (btw i use launcherpro )

Edited by tijnam

Guest rockstarszzzz

how about this one?

Elitemovil's R10 - has overclocking. Im running at 710.

This one has Burstlam's Kernel and thus is overclockable to 806 MHz just like CAE 1.2. ;)

R10 = Burslam's Kernel updated one right?

Well something. Radical - how about CM7 with. The. Ney kernel. battery. Very good!

CM7 currently is laggy with new kernel being tried out unofficial with plenty of tweaks. May be long term solution. But kernel swap won't make it any smoother or closer to rest of Gingerbread, unless there is a miracle.

Um still CM7 FAILS when it comes to smoothness of scrolling in menus and lists. :P

CM7 also fails with overheating issues. Most GB roms don't overheat on overclock, CM7 shows that on most phones.

not as incredibly smooth , but under Cynagoenmod setting , -> performance -> Enable surface dithering - ENABLED , makes it slightly better (btw i use launcherpro )

Even with Surface dithering enabled and overclocking, it doesn't match the other GB smoothness. Been there, tried that. I am hoping the current efforts with various patches fix a lot more on the kernel side. But smoothness isn't going to come along anyway!

Good news about Elitemovil Blade_Rom rc10! biggrin.gif

1) 710MHz doesnt crash the kernel! biggrin.gif

2) its smooth like the Cae (almost the same but i think cae runs smoother)

Bad news:

1)market crashes

2)they have change the default music player and the new one is to heavy for the blade.

I think the next version of cae or blademix its gonna be better so lets wait

cool.gif

Guest rockstarszzzz

Good news about Elitemovil Blade_Rom rc10! biggrin.gif

1) 710MHz doesnt crash the kernel! biggrin.gif

2) its smooth like the Cae (almost the same but i think cae runs smoother)

Bad news:

1)market crashes

2)they have change the default music player and the new one is to heavy for the blade.

I think the next version of cae or blademix its gonna be better so lets wait

cool.gif

What do you mean 'heavy' for blade?

Did Market crash even after rebooting your phone once? Did you try to restore any apps with titanium back up?

I mean its very laggy.

And yes i have reboot my phone more than 5 times, i am using this rom more than 3 hours now.

edit:

I don't use titanium backup.

Edited by Manos Aristeidopoulos

CM7 currently is laggy with new kernel being tried out unofficial with plenty of tweaks. May be long term solution. But kernel swap won't make it any smoother or closer to rest of Gingerbread, unless there is a miracle.

There is a patch for 16bit graphics that will make cm7 just as smooth as zte based roms.

CM7 also fails with overheating issues. Most GB roms don't overheat on overclock, CM7 shows that on most phones.

Actually the sensor gives false high readings after the phone wakes from sleep, that triggers the reboot in cm7. it has nothing to do with overclocking or the real temperature. Because of that ZTE roms totally ignore all the overheating warnings & keep running, that's dangerous for your phone if it ever really overheats. CM7 should just ignore the values for 90 seconds after the phone wakes, but it still needs tweaking with the new kernel.

Edited by wbaw

Guest rockstarszzzz

There is a patch for 16bit graphics that will make cm7 just as smooth as zte based roms.

Actually the sensor gives false high readings after the phone wakes from sleep, that triggers the reboot in cm7. it has nothing to do with overclocking or the real temperature. Because of that ZTE roms totally ignore all the overheating warnings & keep running, that's dangerous for your phone if it ever really overheats.

Is this patch waiting to be merged with cm7 or is it one of the patches by sej?

And in overheating I meant actual phone heating up like a brick. When overclocked and playing games like Dragon fly, Angry birds etc which are graphic hungry, you could feel the back near camera as terribly hot! But when you do same with all the overclockable GBs like GSF or CAE, that physically hot phone doesn't happen at all! It could be just my faulty hardware though :S

Actually the sensor gives false high readings after the phone wakes from sleep, that triggers the reboot in cm7. it has nothing to do with overclocking or the real temperature. Because of that ZTE roms totally ignore all the overheating warnings & keep running, that's dangerous for your phone if it ever really overheats. CM7 should just ignore the values for 90 seconds after the phone wakes, but it still needs tweaking with the new kernel.

plus battery life as good as leaked kernel in gsf , and wifi reconnects (you have to set it to never sleep - it goes to low power after a few mins )

Edited by tijnam

Guest targetbsp

And in overheating I meant actual phone heating up like a brick. When overclocked and playing games like Dragon fly, Angry birds etc which are graphic hungry, you could feel the back near camera as terribly hot! But when you do same with all the overclockable GBs like GSF or CAE, that physically hot phone doesn't happen at all! It could be just my faulty hardware though :S

It's cooler to the touch since the new (and now old lol) Kernel in N126.

And the new GB Kernel is cooler again. I think. I'm currently playing a different game using the same engine so it could be using the CPU as much or it could not be. :D

That's interesting, I didn't know that. The smoothness doesn't bother me as much as some. But the colour depth on a screen this small bothers me even less. So I think I'd rather have the 16 bit and the smoothness!

I see this change for the Galaxy: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,7832

Would you just add that same line to BoardConfig.mk for the blade and compile?

Damn the down-ness of kernel.org when I want to play :D

Edited by targetbsp