The most Light and Smooth Rom?

Guest Manos Aristeidopoulos

why? without SD cards points off course ( my SD card sucks)

Just don't trust benchmark to choose a rom or to judge a rom.

Guest Dezire

Forget all of the rest out there.... Green V5 is the absolute best ROM there is out there. Trust me. Blade Mix ROM is just a poor immitater in my humble opinion.

Forget all of the rest out there.... Green V5 is the absolute best ROM there is out there. Trust me. Blade Mix ROM is just a poor immitater in my humble opinion.

why is the best?

have you ever tried any other rom exept Green V5?

Why you spam all the forum telling V5 is the best rom???

How the hell can someone download V5? the link is broken about a month.

Yes you can flash any rom available here. Don't forget to check your GEN.

I suggest you as first rom to try out CAE 1.2.

When you get comfortable to backup and flashing roms you can try all roms and make your decision.

Thanks Manos! =) My Gen is GEN2 as I have asked pigfish already.

I am still trying to decide which ROM to flash and gathering information here and there on the procedures and instructions on flashing the ROMs. So, you mean all the ROM should work with my ZTE U-V880 (China Unicom) phone? Why do you suggest CAE 1.2 when 1.3 is out? How about Blade Mix 2.3.4? Have you ever tried this ROM? Thanks again for the help!

Thanks Manos! =) My Gen is GEN2 as I have asked pigfish already.

I am still trying to decide which ROM to flash and gathering information here and there on the procedures and instructions on flashing the ROMs. So, you mean all the ROM should work with my ZTE U-V880 (China Unicom) phone? Why do you suggest CAE 1.2 when 1.3 is out? How about Blade Mix 2.3.4? Have you ever tried this ROM? Thanks again for the help!

Actually i am using blade mix 2.3.4, it has very nice customization theme.

I suggest you Cae 1.2 because in my opinion is more stable from blade mix.

I have tried cae 1.3 it was not so smooth like cae 1.2.

cae is stock like rom.

About your question for u-v880, i just asked for confirmation from a user that haves this model.

when i know will post here.

Ok its confirmed! you can use any rom from here

Edited by Manos Aristeidopoulos

Actually i am using blade mix 2.3.4, it has very nice customization theme.

I suggest you Cae 1.2 because in my opinion is more stable from blade mix.

I have tried cae 1.3 it was not so smooth like cae 1.2.

cae is stock like rom.

About your question for u-v880, i just asked for confirmation from a user that haves this model.

when i know will post here.

Thanks again for your input! Yeah, I see your post about CAE 1.3. Please update me when you have confirmation from the user, thanks! How about CM7? From your post, it seems like you didn't like it. Other user has recommend me to try N210 CM7 version.

time to resurrect this thread???? :D

Well yes its time!!!!!!!!

I can see many changes many new things coming!!!biggrin.gif

Well... CM latest Build (222-2.3.7) i can see it runs very smooth!

And i have a vision... that Official 2.3.5 for Libra when its going to be moded and tuned up its going to be the best rom available!

i tried the official image.bin (2.3.5 for libra) and its working nice on my blade smooth and nice.

No reason any more to test 2.3.4 roms

Guest onericardo

With all these new roms what's the best rom out there ?

Official 2.3.5 ? CM 7.1 ?

I can't test all of them. I need a stable rom to use every day with good battery perfomace.

With all these new roms what's the best rom out there ?

Official 2.3.5 ? CM 7.1 ?

I can't test all of them. I need a stable rom to use every day with good battery perfomace.

You can use 2.3.5 Official is stable and smooth for me but dont do it with the image.bin way, but no overcloking no mods...(If you choose the official, download the Burstlams which is rooted only)

If you want CM use tha latest nightly build available its stable for me now (222 Build) and ofcourse overclocking many mods bacons eggs... biggrin.gif

If you need any more Help about choosing rom post again.

some feedbacks on the roms ive tried for longer stretches..

P.S no offence to anyone... this is just my opinion.. which may of course vary from others' .... so please dont try to argue ..i havent tried the blade mix 2.4(which am expecting to be a nice improvement over 2.3), gsf27 or any of the ones based on the new official release 2.3.5...

elitemovil's r11_v3

overall 8.25/10(keeping aside battery life which is almost half that of bm2.3 or gsf26)

home screen scrolling 8.25/10

messaging browser and market and settings ui scrolling 8/10

battery 6.5/10

netwrok reception 8.25/10

stability 8/10

benchmarks- 8/10

pros--- runs smooth in most of the user interactions,zte dialer messaging app, contacts

cons- battery life, led notification keeps blinking until u see it(more of a bug)..

blade mix 2.3

overall 7.75/10

home screen scrolling 7.75/10

browser and market and settings ui scrolling 7.5/10

battery 8.25/10

netwrok reception 6.75/10

stabiliy 8/10

benchmarks 7.5/10

pros- battery life is amazing

cons- none in particular

gingerstir fry b26

overall 7.5/10

home screen scrolling 7.25/10

browser and market and settings ui scrolling 7.25/10

battery 7.75/10

netwrok reception 7.25/10

stability 8/10

benchmarks 7.25/10

pros- battery life is good

cons- none in particular

cyanogenmod 7.1

overall 7.5/10

home screen scrolling 7.25/10

browser and market and settings ui scrolling 7.25/10

battery 6.75/10

netwrok reception 7.5/10

stability 8/10

benchmarks 7.75/10 (a lot of settings to choose from so confusing..maybe it can do still better)

pros- tons of settings to toggle from

cons- tons of settings to toggle from..yes

i havent considered the looks of a rom bcoz u can make ur rom look like watever u want using the kitchen.. but really appreciate what fallenangel32 has done for bm2.4..

so anyone who tried the new ones..any feedback like this??

Edited by l2azor

Guest tsddave

This is the age old question...what is best!

We all have different tastes and needs so this becomes very much a personal thing.

In my opinion the best roms are cm7 and gsf.CM7 has been getting better and better recently also.

L2azor

It's to hard to answer you with "numbers". We may need an app for that but not benchmarks i don't trust them.

You are right about elitemovil the most smooth rom out there maybe but not good battery life and not stable at all.

Almost all roms have bugs some more some less.

About 2.3.5 Official, oh man i wasn't expecting an official rom to be that smooth and fast you have to try it.

It's not so smooth like BM but almost the same, very near. (and without overclocking and mods)

Now think about it like that, you have 3 choices:

1)You can choose CM which is not complete stable.(cm is smooth but not like gsf and the official 2.3.5)

2)You can choose gsf or BM which is smooth and more stable than cm.

3) At the end you can choose the official 2.3.5 which is more smooth than the latest build of CM and it's completely stable.

Ok CM it's full of features and extra options but i didn't find any of them useful.

Until the cm gets 100% stable it's going to be a fact for the best choice to be the official 2.3.5 libra.

Edited by Manos Aristeidopoulos

L2azor

It's to hard to answer you with "numbers". We may need an app for that but not benchmarks i don't trust them.

You are right about elitemovil the most smooth rom out there maybe but not good battery life and not stable at all.

Almost all roms have bugs some more some less.

About 2.3.5 Official, oh man i wasn't expecting an official rom to be that smooth and fast you have to try it.

It's not so smooth like BM but almost the same, very near. (and without overclocking and mods)

Now think about it like that, you have 3 choices:

1)You can choose CM which is not complete stable.(cm is smooth but not like gsf and the official 2.3.5)

2)You can choose gsf or BM which is smooth and more stable than cm.

3) At the end you can choose the official 2.3.5 which is more smooth than the latest build of CM and it's completely stable.

Ok CM it's full of features and extra options but i didn't find any of them useful.

Until the cm gets 100% stable it's going to be a fact for the best choice to be the official 2.3.5 libra.

TBH its a personal choice at the end of the day.

Like I find many CM features very useful...

And BTW can you link me the topic for the Official 2.3.5 Libra?

TBH its a personal choice at the end of the day.

Like I find many CM features very useful...

And BTW can you link me the topic for the Official 2.3.5 Libra?

yup,same.. and thats wat i wrote at the very beginning.. :)

here are the links

http://android.modaco.com/topic/347211-15-oct-2011rom-libraginger-rls3-for-blade-v880-base-on-libra-gingerbread/

yours to decide from :D

Yes it's a personal choice! rolleyes.gif

Burstlam just updated the rom.

Overcloking to the official!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Oh tests again!!!!! blink.gif

hahahhaha... love testing man.. :D the boring part is just tailoring the rom agaion to your use.. :P

some feedbacks on the roms ive tried for longer stretches..

P.S no offence to anyone... this is just my opinion.. which may of course vary from others' .... so please dont try to argue ..i havent tried the blade mix 2.4(which am expecting to be a nice improvement over 2.3), gsf27 or any of the ones based on the new official release 2.3.5...

Thanks for this, my daughter has a Blade and I put a custome ROM on it last year, man the number of options available now is scary ... choice is great but sometimes people like me (&daughter) want something that looks groovy and works well (stability, scrolling and battery are key), sounds like Blade Mix 2.3 is a good place to start. Again thanks for this thread and your post.

Mods - might be worth pinning this thread, like I say this forum is officially scary now.

Edited by quails

BTW did anyone tried this?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1298442

It is said to be the Official 2.3.5 ROM for ZTE Blade.

Yes you are right, Thanks for the update!

But i don't think this rom will be different from Birstlams official, no mods and tweaks added yet.

I am sure elitemovil will add some tweaks and bacons later on.

blade mix 2.3

overall 7.75/10

home screen scrolling 7.75/10

browser and market and settings ui scrolling 7.5/10

battery 8.25/10

netwrok reception 6.75/10

stabiliy 8/10

benchmarks 7.5/10

pros- battery life is amazing

cons- none in particular

Thanks again for post #114. Daughter very happy with Blade Mix (2.4). Was on old gen1, probably not the best way to do it but loaded CM7/Gen2 using TPT (TPT CM7) and then rom manager to load blade mix.