BlackEditionHD [FXP52-MIUI-Icecream Sandwich] | Lock & Unlock BL | 2nd JAN

Guest rendeiro2005

Guest rendeiro2005

Hiwink.gif

first of all thank you for your feedback;

secondly sorry for my late reply;

third, that´s an odd issue unsure.gif to be honest the only thing i can remember is to create a partitioned sdcard before you can install this rom. as i said in OP i´ve tried ext4 to work but i need some test of that and until now i haven´t got one reply about that ohmy.gif.

anyway, i´m glad i make it work rolleyes.gif

Hi rendeiro2005!!!

First of all, thank you very much for keeping our X10s alive!

I think that I found a bug, but i'm unable to confirm it. If you reflash with a clean SD Card, it keeps rebooting after your Mario Bros tone, I had to take out the SD in order to boot the phone.

I'll tell you my history: I had Prime's MIUI 1.10.28, so i decided to upgrade it with your version and following your instructions to the letter, reflashed with yours with no prob. Then after configuring my first settings (WiFi, APN, Timezone), I saw that you included Link2SD. Since I didn't have any ext2, ext or ext4 partition on my SD, I decided to create one (ext4, 384MB, 1k cluster), then rebooted. After booting, the phone said that the SD card had a problem (i don't remember exactly what it said, I have like 10 hours trying to fix this). So, I thought "maybe this doesn't support ext4", went back to MiniTool Partition and changed it to ext2, -that should work- and also decided to change cluster size on the FAT32 partition to 512bytes. Rebooted and to my surprise, it didn't work either, and it said that the SD card was unreadable and that I should format it. I did it and rebooted again, then the pain started. I changed kernels (yours, Doom's, Oodie's), changed ROM's, (again, yours, Oodie's, Prime's), reformated, repartitioned Until, like 15 min ago, i tried restarting without the SD and , Voilá, It booted properly. Now, I deleted all the partitions, flashed your kernel and your ROM, and let me tell you THIS ROM FLIES!!!, again thank you very much (Eu não falo moito português, apenas ligeiramente, mas Obrigado!)

Another thing that I saw was that if you choose Xrec to do partitioning, it showed all the SD, but on any of the CWM it only showed the First Partition, any Ideas???

Regards from Venezuela

Exar_Kun

Guest Exar Kun

No problem, You must have a life, instead of being here all the time trying to solve our problems....

Just for other people to test, what we should do is create the second partition ext4 (I use 384MB for it, in my old Milestone, dunno if it is a good size for everyone in X10) as primary default cluster size, i guess 4096bytes, like the default cluster size for FAT32, and see if Link2SD mount its or the scripts doesn't fail.

Any other comments??

Saludos!!

Hiwink.gif

first of all thank you for your feedback;

secondly sorry for my late reply;

third, that´s an odd issue unsure.gif to be honest the only thing i can remember is to create a partitioned sdcard before you can install this rom. as i said in OP i´ve tried ext4 to work but i need some test of that and until now i haven´t got one reply about that ohmy.gif.

anyway, i´m glad i make it work rolleyes.gif

Guest rendeiro2005

No problem, You must have a life, instead of being here all the time trying to solve our problems....

Just for other people to test, what we should do is create the second partition ext4 (I use 384MB for it, in my old Milestone, dunno if it is a good size for everyone in X10) as primary default cluster size, i guess 4096bytes, like the default cluster size for FAT32, and see if Link2SD mount its or the scripts doesn't fail.

Any other comments??

Saludos!!

did that work for you?

i´m asking this because i haven´t try myself that way, as you can see you have a folder ext4 on your sdcard, that´s how i made it plus a few more libraries files.

if that work with you that way that´s GREAT rolleyes.gif and i´ll try latter couse these last days i´ve been trying to put some things work (see pics) laugh.gif. OTA capabilities

...j3mfrM8boaRTP.png

Guest Exar Kun

Welll, as a matter of fact it didn't work for me with ext4, but converting it to ext2 worked like a charm!!!, I'm restoring all my apps (no data) with TB, and moving with Link2SD,some can be linked, some others can't.

There's something else that I found, in Settings - About Phone says "Model: MIUI-FXP BackEdition" instead of BlackEdition

Regards,

Exar_Kun

did that work for you?

i´m asking this because i haven´t try myself that way, as you can see you have a folder ext4 on your sdcard, that´s how i made it plus a few more libraries files.

if that work with you that way that´s GREAT rolleyes.gif and i´ll try latter couse these last days i´ve been trying to put some things work (see pics) laugh.gif. OTA capabilities

...j3mfrM8boaRTP.png

Guest rendeiro2005

Ok guys, here´s the 1st OTA release biggrin.gif

Installation procedure:

• Install THIS patch thought cwm5;
  • Go to Rom Updater app and then just follow THESE simple steps;
  • On last pic choose no because reboot in cwm5 doesn´t work there. Go back to the main app window and choose the last option "reboot in recovery";
  • Thought CWM go to the new folder "romupdater" and install;
  • If you´re on my rom there´s no need of wiping anything, just install over your rom and you won´t loose anything. Try also on J´s one cause i´m not sure if this happen as wellwink.gif or any other rom biggrin.gif...try and tell
  • Enjoy the new adventure biggrin.gif
    Notes:
    • Always choose "Full" unless i told you otherwise;
    • If there´s any issues like constant reboot, etc, install THIS kernel through Flashtool;
    • Long press on Rom version to see changelog
    • This is a beta version of FXP47&MIUI 1.11.18 i didn´t care to much at this stage to make this rom stable. My main objective is to start and configure OTA for my Rom. Next updates and/or patches released through OTA will be more stable;
    • I´ve uploaded my Roms and OTA updates to my Dropbox account. Don´t know why but sometimes this gave error while downloading (happens last night on tests). Just continue tryingwink.gif
    • last but not least biggrin.gif a BIG thanks to Giacomo Furlan for developing this universal tool like Rom Updater and his help for achieving this! Thanks to Brian, Matthias & Andy for there support and testing late at night wink.gifThank you all!!!
Edited by rendeiro2005

After the" MIUI 1.11.25 Upgrade (for BlackEditionHD_v48)" update, i can't see my battery info on statusbar.

Link2sd is not working with 4ext file system on the second partition. The ROM doesn't mount the 2nd partition, i read somewhere "it has to be mounted through script on some devices". Is there any solution for this?

My sd card info: 1. partition FAT32-14GB

2. part Ext4-800MB

All the other things working correctly, nice job. :)

Guest rendeiro2005

New release:

1. install THIS new patch first - thks for 9Lukas5 for his help cause i´ve made some internal changes

CHANGELOG DEC 05th

• Upgrade to MIUI 1.12.2
  • Add NoFrillsCPU
  • Add language pack (thks to Oodie)
  • Add some init scripts from ThJap (thks bro;) )

Note:

Now you´ll see that i´ve changed number versions.

If you´re already on my OTA Rom, there´s no need to install everything. Just install 00103 and you´ll get the last version.

Everyone else, need to install all files.

Enjoy!

New release:

1. install THIS new patch first - thks for 9Lukas5 for his help cause i´ve made some internal changes

CHANGELOG DEC 05th

• Upgrade to MIUI 1.12.2
  • Add NoFrillsCPU
  • Add language pack (thks to Oodie)
  • Add some init scripts from ThJap (thks bro;) )

Note:

Now you´ll see that i´ve changed number versions.

If you´re already on my OTA Rom, there´s no need to install everything. Just install 00103 and you´ll get the last version.

Everyone else, need to install all files.

Enjoy!

Is the battery info on status bar fixed? Or only i suffered from this issue?

Guest rendeiro2005

Is the battery info on status bar fixed? Or only i suffered from this issue?

Sorry for late reply.

Dont install this one yet. Have some minor bugs.

About battery, go to miui settings and uncheck and then check battery

Sorry for late reply.

Dont install this one yet. Have some minor bugs.

About battery, go to miui settings and uncheck and then check battery

Where can i check and uncheck that?

miui control > status bar options > show batt

thx, worked.

My other problem is that the second partition (4ext) is not mounted, so i can't use the link2sd. How can i mount it? The link2sd gives me mount script error.